Thread: SB750 in the UK yet?

Banned

SB750 in the UK yet?

hi guys,

i have been holding off, holding off, you know the thing, but nothing from the SB750 chipset in the UK yet, but maybe i am wrong?

i have been everywhere, scan .co.uk, dabs.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk,

i dont see a thing, gettin to the stage where i might get some of my american mates to buy it, and ship it over for me.

i have never seen a hap hazard release of products in my life, i can get a 4870, but no SB750, i bought a SB600, now its sort of redundant,

5 - 6 months after purchase?

my Birthday is on the 14th of september, if i dont see a SB750 by then, i sell this lot and go intel, turning my back on AMD forever, enough is enough.

what you guys think, over reaction?

do you feel messed around with all this nonsence?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    790GX + Sb750 are widely available in UK.
    790FX + SB750 is only available from Foxconn for a freakingly redicilous price over 200 quid
    Asus introduced their board which goes for 120 quid, but not available in UK yet.
    Only thing messed here is the usual delay of UK resellers.

Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    hi guys,

i have been holding off, holding off, you know the thing, but nothing from the SB750 chipset in the UK yet, but maybe i am wrong?

i have been everywhere, scan .co.uk, dabs.co.uk, overclockers.co.uk,

i dont see a thing, gettin to the stage where i might get some of my american mates to buy it, and ship it over for me.

i have never seen a hap hazard release of products in my life, i can get a 4870, but no SB750, i bought a SB600, now its sort of redundant,

5 - 6 months after purchase?

my Birthday is on the 14th of september, if i dont see a SB750 by then, i sell this lot and go intel, turning my back on AMD forever, enough is enough.

what you guys think, over reaction?

do you feel messed around with all this nonsence?
    http://scan.co.uk/Search.aspx?q=790gx

PS Happy Birthday in advance
    Krim - Rocket Machine Gun.mp3

Banned
    phew that is encouraging, thought i was going to go the way of the dark side there, but i gota agree with cooper here these guys are a bit pricey, i dont use intergrated graphics so that is redundent for me,

so all it really gives me is the SB750 and maybe a 400 mhz OC for £100? mmmmm, i like the foxconn board, and have heard good reports from it, it might need to be that one,

although the asus board has express gate doesnt it? see i like the sound of that myself, i dunno, the clocks ticking, and i got my finger on the trigger,

god damn you re-sellers, let me spend some cash !!!! lol

thanks guys

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It'll take another month for UK market to finally provide good offers for decent price.
    BTW played with that Foxconn board today. It didn't like Corsair 1066 2x1GB DHX kit on full speed for some reason :shrugs:

Banned
    well this is the thing too cooper, i got two sticks of crucial ballistix sitting here, that dont agree with my AX78, so im running 4 stciks of 800 mhz OCZ gold,

defeats the purpose really, i am having a look as we speak, at the foxconn offering, and it looks great, but its just too pricey, for not going to work with my 1066 ram , maybe,

so i need to wait till release, see how it goes, look at a couple of XS reviews say, have a database of compatible ram, blah blah blah

itll be xmas before i get this going
    Last edited by soundood; 09-08-2008 at 12:46 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Lol, soundood I'm in a similar situation.

I have a set of Tracer Ballistix along with other parts and would like an AMD build but am holding off to let things pan out. I was originally looking at the Destroyer but it's just so expensive. I'll probably just end up going with the cheapest GX.