Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: water chiller in a day

-150c Club Member
    If He heats up the system with a hair drier as he evacs it. surely the low pressure inside, and external heat source will boil off most the moisture? Putting it on vacuum reduces the boiling point of water, if you can add heat from the outside, and lower the BP of water in the system enough. It should work right? If his needles are bouncing off the gauges lower limit, does he not have the required vacuum? Obviously adding external heat to the mix will also help
    Very much so, I have a 1500W Space heater for cascade vacuuming. Helps a ton.
    We gave you well dones haha, if your looking for a pat on the back you got it, we're just trying to make sure your system lasts, and you get it running to the best it can do

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoCarlos View Post
    yeah problly but like i said it works and im not going to pay £160 for a proper vac my way worked
    i did do the boil test with a jam jar and shrader it did boil a bit out
    i dont care any more it works so im happy
    i just wanted people to be like well done and thats great not critasising cause i dont have a hvac certificut and with spelling like that<---- why would they lol give me one
    also advice is nice but there is better ways to put it in text
    peace out im going to go play chilled water.....
    your being a true original phase changer here- this is just fine for experimenting and using yourself. If you ever take a customer everybody will shun you if you vacuum this way.

Do you have a heat gun? it would help if you heat the entire system while vacuuming and GENTLY tap the lower half of the compressor all around with a soft mallet while vacuuming.

Check ebay, whatever the UK equivalent version of craigslist is, for vacuum pumps. over here you can get a cheap one thats good ENOUGH for what we do for ~ 50 quid shipped. of course our economy sucks but maybe get one imported from here eventually? im sure the difference in currency more then makes up for the shipping

postal dude- about the x's- the only way to know is to buy a vacuum gauge... to play it safe maybe 1 hour then 1 hour then i like to let the last vacuum sit for a long time (maybe 6 hours while im at school, 3 hours if not) or let it sit under 150 microns for at least an hour and tap compressor and heat system, mainly compressor (get moisture from oil sitting in compressor). overkill yes but i figured i payed quite a bit of money for my vac gauge, pump, and short hoses i might as well wait longer for a good vac .
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

-150c Club Member
    Hehe I have a tendency to let her run all night

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hehe I have a tendency to let her run all night
    my mom won't let me run any machines overnight after i um... left the load tester on

-150c Club Member
    *smooth move Einstein*

Xtreme Mentor
    *smooth move Einstein*

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    my mom won't let me run any machines overnight after i um... left the load tester on
    Mom raise homes insured value and sends premium in early & double checks to see that it was received on time..

Ps to Everyone: you may want to evaluate/discuss adding additional insurance to cover your expensive tools should a home/garage fire ever occur and you suffer a complete loss,no matter what the cause is.......
    Last edited by wdrzal; 08-23-2008 at 02:47 PM.
    The Laws of Thermodynamics say:

Zeroth Law: "You must play the game."
    First Law: "You can't win."
    Second Law: "You can't break even."
    Third Law: "You can't quit the game."

Do you wanna Play Thermodynamics ???????? I forgot "you must"

-110c club
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    your being a true original phase changer here- this is just fine for experimenting and using yourself. If you ever take a customer everybody will shun you if you vacuum this way.

Do you have a heat gun? it would help if you heat the entire system while vacuuming and GENTLY tap the lower half of the compressor all around with a soft mallet while vacuuming.

Check ebay, whatever the UK equivalent version of craigslist is, for vacuum pumps. over here you can get a cheap one thats good ENOUGH for what we do for ~ 50 quid shipped. of course our economy sucks but maybe get one imported from here eventually? im sure the difference in currency more then makes up for the shipping
    yep did that will keep an eye on ebay.

hey guys right i had a sleep now, my head is clear 1st off just wanted to say my sorrys to detroitAC and Xeon th MG Pony my be i was wrong but the unit is working to a fashtion no malace intended

ok right this is what i think you guys are here for....help
    i have found a design floor's
    1. 12v pc fans are gay @ 10v(and can any one recommend ether 240v fan or good 12v i can run off a transformer?

2.the unit takes an age to freze up the water around the evap
    i.m thinking may be the evap is to large interanally

3.water cooling rad not so good for condencer

and nol you were right in saying about the suction line not being frosted well even with a good charge it wont frost but when i built this unit i did not sub cool the cap tube and hence no liqued @ evap just gas i have now droped the cap tube in the water next to the evap and its frosing the suction line

right i want your guys recommendtions
    longer cap? subcool the cap around the suction or just smash it up and say well it was fun for a day lol

i just read this post and it makes no sence so hope you can work it out lol
    I LOVE LAMP!

-150c Club Member
    Putting the captube in shouldn't get you more liquid. I think your evap is just fine as well, your captube length's good too. I think you need a better condenser is probably all.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    He'll have condensing sorted as soon as i run him up a 1'x1'x2" condenser out of one of these scrap AC units. The evaps look very well suited
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Intel E8400 @ stock
    Kingston Hyper-x 2x2Gb PC2-8500
    Swiftech H20 220 Apex Ultra (faithfully struggling)
    Palit 8800GT under MCW60 700/1700/2000
    Antec TP3 650W
    WinXP Home SP3
    Samsung SM206BW 20" TFT

-150c Club Member
    Yep, he might want a recirculator pump though, as the high fin per area will sort of resist liquid flow.

-110c club
    Putting the captube in shouldn't get you more liquid. I think your evap is just fine as well, your captube length's good too. I think you need a better condenser is probably all.
    ohh o i just exstended the cap by a meter
    Quote Originally Posted by Postal Dude View Post
    He'll have condensing sorted as soon as i run him up a 1'x1'x2" condenser out of one of these scrap AC units. The evaps look very well suited
    i'm starting to like you more and more

Yep, he might want a recirculator pump though, as the high fin per area will sort of resist liquid flow.
    i'n not sure what kind of pump you are talking about nol images are good so i can see what you mean tkx..

just had a oil blockage in the cap tube its well funny when it lets go it was like thunder that will teatch me for using the old cap tube off my vapo should of used neww i got 25m left lol
    I LOVE LAMP!

-110c club
    some random images

temp probe bulb

fan 10v transformer

big o block o ice

running presures after 3 hours.
    I LOVE LAMP!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think he means in your liquid bucket. A pump to move the ice pack fluid around so you get better temps in the bucket. The thing im giving him wont be in the water. It will be his condenser. Outside the bucket of water
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Intel E8400 @ stock
    Antec TP3 650W
    WinXP Home SP3
    Samsung SM206BW 20" TFT

-150c Club Member
    just had a oil blockage in the cap tube its well funny when it lets go it was like thunder that will teatch me for using the old cap tube off my vapo should of used neww i got 25m left lol
    You won't have oil blockages at your temps, just won't happen.
    That's called moisture moisture of oxidation.
    Also, ice is an insulator aka bad. So you need a lower temp fluid, preferablly with a very low viscosity since your using a radiator in the liquid.

-110c club
    You won't have oil blockages at your temps, just won't happen.
    That's called moisture moisture of oxidation.
    Also, ice is an insulator aka bad. So you need a lower temp fluid, preferablly with a very low viscosity since your using a radiator in the liquid.
    you may just be right there as i run out of gas so i put my bottle of R507 on but i dont think i bled the line set when i did it i must have put a lines worth of air in there, need to get some more gas tomorow dont get my R507 till wednesday now as of the bank hols

so what you are saying if i use antifrezze in the holdover tank the temp will transfer better?

nol you will have a pm soon from me
    I LOVE LAMP!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeah carl. Solid ice isnt as good at transfering heat, as a liquid at the same temperature. A water/antifreeze mixture will be alot better for transferring heat. Although ice looks cooler lol
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Intel E8400 @ stock
    Antec TP3 650W
    WinXP Home SP3
    Samsung SM206BW 20" TFT

-110c club
    tru your right it looks cool

right this is a do not try this @ home moment i have had to revac as i let air in (fool) but i did not have a purge gas to push out moisture oh wait a min i do but your not going to like it lol
    hhhrrrmmmmm water cooling pipe blow torch and a schrader hrrm -16c thats better than my atempt with r134a but exsplosive its coming out 2moro just using it to do a triple vac and i can vent it as its not ozone depleting

so whats the Rxxx code for propain/butain is it r907? i can't find it in coolpack's list
    I LOVE LAMP!

-150c Club Member
    R290 is propane.
    Ice is a straight up insulation. You want something like alcohol actually, not anti freeze.
    Download this from the link on my FTP.
    http://www.thewiltedrose.net/adam/Ph...frigerants.xls

-110c club
    R290 is propane.
    Ice is a straight up insulation. You want something like alcohol actually, not anti freeze.
    Download this from the link on my FTP.
    http://www.thewiltedrose.net/adam/Ph...frigerants.xls
    lol i found my office disc that very helpful chart to have
    the gas that i put in is R-290/600a(50/50) bp of -32.8
    i think but of what % i dont know its butane/propane mix

theres a simller thing on coolpack but not so many in the list lol
    whats the safty ratings mean? a/a1-b1?
    I LOVE LAMP!

-150c Club Member
    Toxicity and flammability.

-110c club
    Toxicity and flammability.
    yeah im going to stay away from the flammables
    next question so in this image

would it be better to use the rad as an evap instaed of the copper tube i have used? i have now moved the water flow from the rad to the tank to make flow thru the water so it cools quicker but ive had a big setback with one of my gfx cards stoping working due to water colecting on the card i did a real good job of laging it all up and pasting the card in vasoline but still a problem

also the controler that i bought has been great, off temp and comp delay at start with on screen temp down to a min of -50 the only bad thing i found was the cost of postage lol
    from here its the tlz11
    I LOVE LAMP!

-150c Club Member
    I don't think you'll have any circulation through that tight of an evap though. I think you need a small liquid pump to move stuff around.

-110c club
    I don't think you'll have any circulation through that tight of an evap though. I think you need a small liquid pump to move stuff around.
    im now using the water from the tank it is being pumped round the water loop and over the evap but i think my 60/40 mix of water antifreze is to strong for it as its rate'd to not frezze @ -60 with a 60/40% so i might try 50/50 see if it allows it to go cooler but i think the evap that i have is poo i may try the rad its only a evac a way
    I LOVE LAMP!

Xtreme Mentor
    If it is a sealed manifold, like his, it is most likely perfectly possible as a single stage vacuum pump. Surely not as good as a 2 stage, and he's got alot MORE vacuuming to do, even with that 9.5cfm rating, but it should work.
    No and flat out no, He's using a piston, which has a dead space at TDC where re-expansion will occure, at this point at low vacuum it gurentees he can not pump out any further and efficiency disapears, same as a low SST in a recipicating compressor. Hence the gurentee he will have moisture in the system and minute amounts of air in the system.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast