Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitspower Crystal T = Bad

Exclamation Bitspower Crystal T = Bad

so i got a bitspower crystal t and with the barbs hand tight + quarter turn it cracked in a little over a month

it was the only acrylic part in my system and it was the only part to die, im just happy i didnt get any damaged parts since i had it in the bottom

so i have a 100% failure rate with acrylic, and a 10% with BP

also scanners for the win, that how i got the image

edit---
    it leaked hand tight, so i did a quarter turn, and it wasnt under more than 1-2lbs, the liquid has more pressure than that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EPSON046.JPG 
Views:	1815 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	86578  
    Last edited by zanzabar; 10-09-2008 at 10:31 AM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    wow that sucks glad to hear nothing was lost did all the water spill out or was it just a few drops

most of the water i found it before it empied all the way there was enough to not overheat anything but the tline was empty and the pump was sucking in part air

i got a DD delren now, and at petras i was told that i cant break or crack it without doing something extreme
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    most of the water i found it before it empied all the way there was enough to not overheat anything but the tline was empty and the pump was sucking in part air

i got a DD delren now, and at petras i was told that i cant break or crack it without doing something extreme
    Like hand tight, and a quarter turn? I'm not defending them, but it's acrylic. Can't take that much pressure.

thats what was recommended when i asked performance-pcs, and it was only a few lbs of pressure, since the oring stops u from hand tightening on the bits power fittings, and it leaked at hand tight

Xtreme Enthusiast
    To be honest (I'm not having a go at you at all... afterall you bought it and used it for it's intended purpose expecting it to work and it did not) using acrylic for anything that is under pressure seems to be asking for it. It isn't exactly a strong material... polycarb/lexan would be much better suited for this type of application.

Banned
    how about those shiny new cubes that Ocz recently released... looks like a good replacement for it, if you don't want a plain black delrin cube...

Xtreme Member
    Same thing with mine.....

I've hand tighted all three fittings.... and after a month it start to leak....

SORRY 4 THE ENGLISH

Xtreme Member
    We will have Brass version come out...I think this will solve the issue on Acrylic.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    so i got a bitspower crystal t and with the barbs hand tight + quarter turn it cracked in a little over a month

it was the only acrylic part in my system and it was the only part to die, im just happy i didnt get any damaged parts since i had it in the bottom

so i have a 100% failure rate with acrylic, and a 10% with BP

also scanners for the win, that how i got the image
    I think that the fact you have a 100% failure rate with acrylic clearly shows its you that is the problem and not the product. Many many other people have had no such problems with their parts but yet you have broken every single one.

Xtreme Addict
    Drink less eggs in the morning. You got too much wrist force

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRedRaider View Post
    Only acrylic in my setup are the XSPC Reservoir Tops, for a reason.

Could it be because it cracks...
    Petra's delrin top... ftw?
    Someone should make DCC tops from polypropylene.

Xtreme Mentor
    Wow, I never had any problems with mine. I use bitspower barbs on them that have tiny threads..
    What barbs did you use?
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Xtreme Mentor
    A friend told me not to use the acrylic T for that reason, now I can confirm this and Im glad I didnt buy it.

Waiting for the Rotaries T from BP to come back in stock...

Gosh... acrylic is more fragile than female emotions. Like women, great to look at, but break into pieces while they are in your possession, and you have no freaking clue as to why either.

Xtreme Addict
    Well you could always get the Enzotech cube as it is ready right now and looks real good too. They have the 'T' and the quad for sale and you can crank your barbs to the point of almost destroying them.

Xtreme Addict
    Nothing personal so don't take offense, but Petras DDC top is inferior in Performance to the XSPC Reservoir Top...

The numbers don't lie...
    Alex is working on a new revision of the top. You can't rip on him too much, he was the first to make anything.

Plus, Delrin is just about 9000 times better looking and more durable.

Performance difference be damned, I just bought one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chruschef in regards to Thermaltake water cooling
    you'd be better off cooling your components with a fire....

Nothing personal, but you are dealing with Acrylic. The extra torque you applied did the damage.

Hand tight would have sufficied.
    He said it leaked at hand tight.

The only acrylic I'll ever allow in my loop is in my res, and only where metal is not screwed into the acrylic. No crystal T, no swiftech microres, no acrylic-topped EK blocks for me.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    .....Hand tight would have sufficied. ....
    Read above, hand tight leaked... a 1/4 turn should not crack an acrylic T. I think this is just a case of a bad T. Every manufcaturer has a bad batch of product, nothing you can do except RMA that puppy and hope for the best.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    He said it leaked at hand tight.

The only acrylic I'll ever allow in my loop is in my res, and only where metal is not screwed into the acrylic. No crystal T, no swiftech microres, no acrylic-topped EK blocks for me.
    Same here! Acrylic is just asking for trouble. It's bad enough to worry about a small leak here and there without having to worry about cracking acrylic parts too. Adds years to my life not using it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Word up.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Same here! Acrylic is just asking for trouble. It's bad enough to worry about a small leak here and there without having to worry about cracking acrylic parts too. Adds years to my life not using it.
    Yep. It's not a question of whether it looks good if it destroys a 3000 dollar Xtreme machine. Acrylic cracks. Regardless of why it cracks, it cracks, and metal and delrin don't.

Xtreme Addict
    i ran my tap through mine before use, i noticed the threads were very tight possibly tapped with a dull tap. Ive been using it for a good while now with the bp fittings no issues.

Nothing personal, but you are dealing with Acrylic. The extra torque you applied did the damage.

Hand tight would have sufficied.
    Quote Originally Posted by vkbms View Post
    Same thing with mine.....

I've hand tighted all three fittings.... and after a month it start to leak....
    Quote Originally Posted by Scubar View Post
    I think that the fact you have a 100% failure rate with acrylic clearly shows its you that is the problem and not the product. Many many other people have had no such problems with their parts but yet you have broken every single one.
    it leaked hand tight, and im just giving a warning to any1 who thinks that its shiny and the barbs are good this should be different, and if u have ever used BP fittings they dont seat until just affter hand tight (and hand tight is when u cant screw it in with your fingers without killing your fingers)

every1 makes a mistake this was luckily an $8 mistake

also this was my 1 acrylic part, so 1/1 dead = 100%
    Last edited by zanzabar; 10-09-2008 at 10:33 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Where? I can't find what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by septim View Post
    how about those shiny new cubes that Ocz recently released... looks like a good replacement for it, if you don't want a plain black delrin cube...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast