Thread: [project] Diabolic

Threaded View

[project] Diabolic

I always wanted to post the worklog of my new box on XS, but I always ran into some problem when trying to register. Anyway, I am finally in.

This is a post-worklog of a machine I built over a week and a half period in mid July.

Initial graphical designs

My goal was to build a bad ass machine, all black, with blood red cooling and some custom graphics. Here are some of the designs for the transparent side panel:

The following reads "DiaboliC". This graphic never made it in the final build.

A goat skull which appears on the side panel.

The intended background for the goat skull. This also never made it since it was too busy.

DAY 1

The case I chose was CM Stacker 830 Evo (all black), from New Egg. Here is the side panel:

I started by laying the masking tape on the inner side of the panel. I wanted the graphic on the inside so that it won't get scratched.

The next step was to draw the skull design and a pentagram with a very soft pencil.

After the pencil came the ink, just a simple blue inc pen with a ball tip.

Finally, I applied the shadows with a marker. Everything that is colored black is to be cut out.

I then proceeded to cut the masking tape with a razor sharp utility knife. Here is the end result after two grueling hours.

I forgot to mention that I was building this in a one bedroom apartment, without a yard. My living room was essentially my build space and my bathroom was my cutting / painting room.

After all the cutting, I applied four coats of black spray paint, removed the masking tape and tadaaa:
    Last edited by hhk213; 08-20-2008 at 08:22 AM.