Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buckeye prepping up and getting ready for the first run

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueAqua View Post
    Looks like MM just took the #2 spot. He's absolutely tearing it up. He uses the F1 now along with KingPin's gpu pots. I don't know if he even owns one of his own pots anymore. It's too bad he quit making them, always a work of art. KingPin's pots too are amazing and in their own league.
    He never really owned his own pots anyway, he was always borrowing pots from people. Every time he'd do a run he'd keep a pot for some runs, put up some numbers he was happy with and sell the pots and hardware. He doesn't usually hang on to stuff for long, but it doesn't bother me because I've gotten some awesome hardware off of him, and some good deals on pots.

¿
    Looking good Buckeye, tear it up man!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by G H Z View Post
    Looking good Buckeye, tear it up man!
    Thanks GHZ

LD50 is working fine now

Xtreme Member
    Very very nice insulation mate
    Only thing tho, maybe i missed it while reading the thread.
    Did you use any plastic spray or nail polish to prep up the mb and vid card?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by n3wbi3 View Post
    Very very nice insulation mate
    Only thing tho, maybe i missed it while reading the thread.
    Did you use any plastic spray or nail polish to prep up the mb and vid card?

Yeah it was hard to photo, 2 coats clear nail polish on MB & GPU, front and back.

I will grease the PCIE socket and connector on the GPU when the time comes also.

Xtreme Member
    Well if thats the case, WELL DONE buddy

By the way what exact version Dimatech is that bench table?
    Last edited by n3wbi3; 08-20-2008 at 09:47 AM.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by n3wbi3 View Post
    Well if thats the case, WELL DONE buddy

By the way what exact version Dimatech is that bench table?
    Thanks, I hope everything works out well

This is the table shown here.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...ighlight=dimas

Was not an easy thing to get in the US, but when there is a will there is a way. Dimas is a very cool guy and a plesure to do business with !

Xtremely Addicted
    Love topics like these with many pics Insulation looks great. I wont use grease in socket either but better safe then sorry. Enjoy and dont forget to post the results

Administrator
    New parts came Friday and all connected up. Holds at 10 PSI now and stable. LN2 poors out very nicely

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
    New parts came Friday and all connected up. Holds at 10 PSI now and stable. LN2 poors out very nicely
    what was the new part and where did you get it?
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

-150c Club Member
    Looks to be a simple retriever setup for a bottom fed dewar. Very nice

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

Administrator
    New parts were a O-Ring, seperator (thats the pipe sticking out) and the defuser at the end.

Admin
    what happens if you don't have a defuser? Mine is missing.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

-150c Club Member
    I'd imagine your flow might splatter a bit?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    what happens if you don't have a defuser? Mine is missing.
    Well if the pressure is high it comes out like a fire extinguisher, to much spray that is.

that whole parts list cost me $110 so it was well worth it as it was impossible to get any real amount of liquid out without spraying all over the place. Nows its nice and smooth.

-150c Club Member
    I'd imagine the piece internally is like a silencer, simply open volume chambers along the main flow to slow down the flow and let gas out.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    I'd imagine the piece internally is like a silencer, simply open volume chambers along the main flow to slow down the flow and let gas out.
    By george I think hes got it ! Now when are you going to pour some LN2 into pots NOL ? <stands back>

-150c Club Member
    By george I think hes got it ! Now when are you going to pour some LN2 into pots NOL ? <stands back>
    Only Ln2 I'd pour is nitrogen I condensed myself Phase for life.

Xtreme Addict
    Let's see some frozen stuff!

Looks like quite an impressive Dewar setup you have, not to mention everything else. It's always nice to play with nice toys.

Administrator
    HAHA man that was a blast today !!

When they say the Dragon Roars they mean it. The sound is incredible, plus when I crack the valve on the Dewar it’s beautiful

Disclaimer: I am a newbie over clocker Ha !

The rig before I started, everything seems in order. GPU which is a stock BFG8800gtx over clocked to 635/1488/1030 before I started and all setup to go.

So I started out with simple over clocks to 4.0ghz with about -40c and messed around with settings.
    Here is a pis of some of the first pours.

I worked this for awhile and seemed to be hitting a wall at 4.0. I clearly need to read up on OCing this setup. This is the first time I have taken a chip past 3.6. I know don’t laugh to hard HA !

So I decided to see what happens when I bring the cold down even farther. This time I hit -120c to -130c and was able to get past the wall and went to 4.5ghz

So this was working well and staying in the -120 range was extremely simple to do. Once you get it to the temp you want, it’s just takes simple pours now and then to keep in the temp range. Very Nicely done Vince !

My goal for the day was to try to make to 4.7 – 4.8. So I got the bright idea to go even colder to try and hit those numbers.
    As I was getting close to the time I had to take off for awhile so I upped the multi and bright the settings to 4.8, poured some more LN2… and went for it, I filled the pot all the way to the top. HAHAHA well I think I found the cold bug for this chip hehe, oh man I was cracking up, it would not boot, even into the BIOS.

The sight and sounds of that last pour was incredible, fog all over the place, shooting up in the air and all over the bench. I could hear the bench reacting to the cold, making cracking sounds and popping. Though all this tho my insulation stayed firm and I had no problems with that at all.

So here is the last pic after I cold bugged the QX6700. This -155c now. I kept checking the temps to see when it would cool down, errr heat up, over an hour and half later it was still at -45c.

This was a incredible amount of fun today. I may not be the best OCer but I had a lot of fun. Still plenty LN2 left for more action. My GF came home and went man did you turn on the AC today, it’s 81 in here, it’s hot ! I said not in here HAHA ! The cold draft coming off the bench was very chilly
    Last edited by Buckeye; 08-23-2008 at 06:54 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    FAP, FAP, FAP,
    I like, I like!!!!!

Great job.

Xtreme Addict
    Awesome stuff buckeye , my mate newbie pointed me to this thread and its a good read . I love the pics and write up on insulating everything.

Im about to have my first go at DICE so this is all of great interest to me.

Keep up the good work.

Bencher/Gamer(1) 4930K - Asus R4E - 2x R9 290x - G.skill Pi 2200c7 or Team 2400LV 4x4GB - EK Supreme HF - SR1-420 - Qnix 2560x1440
    Netbox AMD 5600K - Gigabyte mitx - Aten DVI/USB/120Hz KVM
    PB 1xTitan=16453(3D11), 1xGTX680=13343(3D11), 1x GTX580=8733(3D11)38000(3D06) 1x7970=12059(3D11)40000(vantage)395k(AM3) Folding for team 24

AUSTRALIAN DRAG RACING http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFsbfEIy3Yw

Administrator
    Thanks all

I am going to take another shot at it today and see what additional damage I can do
    Also going to throw the GPU pot on that is all prepped up for LN2.

I think later I will try and find a E8500 for testing and a different motherboad.

You friend will have a blast I am sure, and I hope that what I have done here is of some help.
    Last edited by Buckeye; 08-24-2008 at 06:11 AM.

Administrator
    Check out this bad boy

4.8ghz baby. Yeah

http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=408222

Then I cold bugged so getting back at it in a few minutes

¿
    LOL, how much vcore for 4800? Give it 1.85V and see what happens, sounds like a promising chip if it can run that cold.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast