Thread: Curious about Dimastech's ECO Pot

Curious about Dimastech's ECO Pot

Hi XS! I hope I posted this in the right sub-forum now but here goes:

I knew Dimastech sold benchtables and phase change systems but I had no idea they manufactured CPU pots aswell. Seeing as they seem quite cheap I'm curious if it's worth buying one for some relaxed DICEing.
    Does anyone know if they are any good? I tried having a look on google but there wasn't really any information about them except for what's on their website.
    I was originally looking at the Koolance CPU-LN2-V2 but the Dimastech ECO Pot V2.0 seems to be top-mounted and thus being somewhat easier to handle? Or should I just go with one from Kingpin cooling?

I am a beginner when it comes to DICE/LN2 so any help would be appreciated. In case they are worth buying I'll pick one up at the same time I order my next benchtable from them.

Here is a link to the pot on their website:

http://www.dimastech.com/EN/c/dimastech-eco-pot-v20/

Xtreme Member
    Never seen it before but it doesn't look to be all that great. 139.99 Euro = 202.00 USD and way overpriced. I would go with the Koolance before the Dismatech or spend a little more and get the Kingpin pot.

Xtreme Member
    Never seen it before either but I'm not overtaken by the design of it compared to the KoolanceV2. It looks like a pretty poor example for an advertising picture of one, maybe they are better upclose/in person? And not worth the price of $200 when you could get a koolance for cheaper or a bit more and get a Gemini/F1EE

edit:
    http://www.aquatuning.us/product_inf...-Pot-V2-0.html

apparently they are about $150, with that price I guess it seems about in the ballpark.
    Last edited by Janus67; 07-05-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGuru View Post
    Never seen it before but it doesn't look to be all that great. 139.99 Euro = 202.00 USD and way overpriced. I would go with the Koolance before the Dismatech or spend a little more and get the Kingpin pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus67 View Post
    Never seen it before either but I'm not overtaken by the design of it compared to the KoolanceV2. It looks like a pretty poor example for an advertising picture of one, maybe they are better upclose/in person? And not worth the price of $200 when you could get a koolance for cheaper or a bit more and get a Gemini/F1EE

edit:
    http://www.aquatuning.us/product_inf...-Pot-V2-0.html

apparently they are about $150, with that price I guess it seems about in the ballpark.
    First of all I just want to thank you for your quick replies!

The price I found for them over here was about $150 just like you mentioned in your edit Janus. So they seemed cheap compared to other pots. But after reading your replies and studying the pictures even more carefully I came to the conclusion it might be better to spend a little more on a Kingpin-pot. The mounting system for the Koolance CPU-LN2-V2 just seem like to much of a hassle and I've heard so many great things about Kingpin-pots.

Now, when looking at Kingpin Cooling's website some other questions popped up. Not sure if I should make a new thread for them but I might aswell try here first:

The only CPU-pot Kingpin has for sale at the moment is the Dragon F1 Gemini and it looks to be primarily made for LN2. I know it says on the bottom that a DICE-tuned pot will be coming soon, but that text has been there for months and I haven't seen anything yet. Will this Gemini still suffice for DICE and if so, which base should I be using? I guess I will be moving to LN2 soon enough so might aswell buy it anyways.

By the way, how does the Dragon F1 Extreme Edition compare to the Gemini and do you guys recon it will ever be back in stock?

Thanks in advance!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwian View Post

The price I found for them over here was about $150 just like you mentioned in your edit Janus. So they seemed cheap compared to other pots. But after reading your replies and studying the pictures even more carefully I came to the conclusion it might be better to spend a little more on a Kingpin-pot. The mounting system for the Koolance CPU-LN2-V2 just seem like to much of a hassle and I've heard so many great things about Kingpin-pots.

Now, when looking at Kingpin Cooling's website some other questions popped up. Not sure if I should make a new thread for them but I might aswell try here first:

The only CPU-pot Kingpin has for sale at the moment is the Dragon F1 Gemini and it looks to be primarily made for LN2. I know it says on the bottom that a DICE-tuned pot will be coming soon, but that text has been there for months and I haven't seen anything yet. Will this Gemini still suffice for DICE and if so, which base should I be using? I guess I will be moving to LN2 soon enough so might aswell buy it anyways.

By the way, how does the Dragon F1 Extreme Edition compare to the Gemini and do you guys recon it will ever be back in stock?

Thanks in advance!
    Non-CB CPU fast "rocket" base
    CB CPU "slow" base
    DICE - fast, slow or dice base. Honestly the difference is probably less than 5c between all of them...

F1EE is great if you have a CB'ed CPU. AFAIK Vince is done making those.
    Smile

Thermo Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwian View Post

Thanks in advance!
    I've one of them left in stock if ur interested: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...!!!&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Non-CB CPU fast "rocket" base
    CB CPU "slow" base
    DICE - fast, slow or dice base. Honestly the difference is probably less than 5c between all of them...

F1EE is great if you have a CB'ed CPU. AFAIK Vince is done making those.
    Right, got it! Thank you Beep! I just wish it came with a real DICE-base. I guess those 5c could make a difference? :p

Quote Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
    I've one of them left in stock if ur interested: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...!!!&highlight=
    Yeah, I just read the review for what seems to be one of your older ones and I have to admit it looked good! I'll send you a PM!
    Last edited by Warwian; 07-06-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by der8auer View Post
    That is one of the best looking pots I have seen.

I have had the Koolance Rev1 and it's great for DICE, almost perfect. I am currently using the Koolance Rev2 and it's great for both DICE and LN2. I have also used the F1 and it's great for LN2 but overkill for DICE.
    Looks like der8auers combines the Rev1 and Rev2 Koolance and it's beautiful. I would try it out but shipping would be a bit much but I would get it if I was you.

Thermo Bear
    Thanks NoGuru!

Shipping from Germany to Sweden is 15€ so it's actually quite cheap

@ Warwian: You got PM!

¿
    This dimas pot looks good for dice although I've never seen feedback about it.