Thread: Lamptron FlexLight Information?

Lamptron FlexLight Information?

I have 2 CCFLs in my case, a red, green, and blue one, and a UV one. As of now, I only have 1 inverter so I can't turn off the overpowering rgb light and leave the UV one on without opening the case. This makes seeing my cables "glow" is a bit difficult lol. I might add some more UV CCFLs in the future (I'll have to do some form of switch mod because I'm out of expansion slots to install backplate switches :/...I'll probably just custom make one with multiple switches), but I've been looking into LED lighting lately, mainly "Lazer" LEDs, but then I came across two products from Lamptron that caught my eye: FlexLight (http://lamptron.com/product.php?p_id=42) and FlexLight Pro http://lamptron.com/product.php?p_id=43) (the pro version uses SMD LEDs with a larger gap between lights). Unfortunately, there isn't all too much out there on these as far is information and reviews go. I was thinking of getting one or two 12" versions and filling in some of the small spaces in my case with the small 12 LED versions, but I can't find the 12 LED UV ones anywhere (though I have not tried contacting Lamptron).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has tried these lights. I'm curious as to how bright they are, especially compared to CCFLs. I have a feeling that the higher density of lights on the non-pro version is brighter than the SMD LEDs on the pro one, though I'm not expecting either one to out-perform a CCFL. It's just hard to beat fluorescent lighting when it comes to the UV spectrum, whether it's computer related or not. I know the LEDs will create more of a spotlight effect which probably won't light the whole case much, but if I can get my cables to glow brighter, I'll be happy. I have found these as well as similar prodcuts from unnamed manufacturers sold at frozencpu.com and coolerguys.com.

Wow that got long. Sorry. Here are some pictures:

Flexlight

FlexLight Pro

And a video review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoUL9EZ5Wdw

Again, sorry that got so long. Any information would be nice .

Looks like no one here knows much about these lights either. Not surprising at all lol.

Xtreme Member
    Resurrection bump... anyone know about these? I don't want to go back to CCFL's after the lovely burnt plastic smell that woke me up a few months ago.

I have Logisys 24" 12V LED Strip Light Sleeved - Red (LDS24RD) from PPPCS on order. If I my old CCFL still works I will compare them and let you know in a week or so.

Mark

If yall are still interested, I did get the 3 24" 12v LED strips above. It is the small SMD LED's. So I won't be able to replace any if they die. I could not find my old red CCFL for a direct comparison. While the red CCFL was kinda orangish pinkish, these are very RED. The light they give is not directional and does spread out. They are also a bit brighter than I thought they would be. I was worried the light would not shine as far as the CCFL. I am happy, won't be going back to cathodes, 3 of these should really light up the inside of this case when it is finished.

Mark