Thread: New motherboard, new OS?

[XG] Xtreme Gamer

New motherboard, new OS?

If I purchase a new motherboard, would I have to buy a new OS, I heard it from someone, but didnt really know lol.
    I am Xtreme

Iron Within Iron Without
    In case you owe an OEM system then yes , MOBO is a major exchange , if you bought the OS non OEM then it's up to the microsoft call centre to give you a new activation code
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

no u wont, unless u have a branded copy of XP (and u have a dfi board so no) then u dont, u may have to reactivate or call MS but no new purchases
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Awesome, looks like I might get a new board instead of a new case!
    I am Xtreme

I am Xtreme
    yep call MS for a new key mate, explain that your old mobo died or whatever... in fact for us hardware enthousiasts, it's a pain in the butt if you have an OEM version of XP or such as me... swapping mobo's each 2-3 months...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Addict
    You can just strip that (and a lot of other useless crap) out with Nlite or Vlite so you can install to your heart's content. I have a few diff versions for 2D, 3D, work setup etc.. Never need any activating.

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Even if I get an OEM disc? This to be exact. I'm just worried I'll get the new mb and I wont be able to even install vista lol...
    I am Xtreme

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Will it work? Bump.
    I am Xtreme

it wil work i use oem, and i changed from 939 to 775, oem means nothing to the number of installs
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-13-2008 at 03:25 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Alright, thanks for the quick reply. Looks like it might be the Tpower then!
    I am Xtreme