Have fun

Xtreme X.I.P

I ll put my nice green training for this event
    ***** Visit us on PCWorld.fr *****

ODOC
    Then u should be easy to find uh?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I will be there with Dami1stm

Any ideas concerning the benchmarks there ? I heard about 3D06 with Vista... Other benchs ? One or 2 4870 X2 ?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Pt1t View Post

I ll put my nice green training for this event
    People will think you're from Jamaica
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax_oc View Post
    I will be there with Dami1stm

Any ideas concerning the benchmarks there ? I heard about 3D06 with Vista... Other benchs ? One or 2 4870 X2 ?
    Only 06 on Vista with single 4870X2.

C2D E8400 E0 @ 4GHz : DFI LANParty X48 UT T3R : Mushkin Black Ascent 2x1GB DDR3 : BFG GTX260 : Corsair HX520W

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ryba View Post
    if Vista why don't Vantage

btw, guys i've got today a huge list about the program, names and pics about our hotels they looks really nice
    so it seems jugeen and myself will be on 17th in berlin around 6 o'clock evening, and we are planing to go and take some drinks, who will be there also on sunday evening&night i hope will join
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang View Post
    I think mine is better.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ryba View Post
    Hmm, unfortunately not exactly... I just have confirmation from Asus German and there will be only one benchmark : 3DMark 2006. The problem is that Asus want us to bench with 2 Graphic cards (Quad CFx).

However, every team don't have 4 specific LN2 pots to assume a Quad CFX benchmark with 4870X2 when we are kept in touch only 3 days before the contest. I know that Belgium, Germany and Sweden teams have LN2 pot but I'm sure that France and some teams don't have such pots. => Unfair competition since some teams will bench in aircooling and other teams under LN2.

In addition of that, Asus German isn't interested in a true competition, Asus German seems only interested in a World Record breaking. That's what I read from internal Asus mails... Breaking WR for Asus isn't the main purpose for me and Dami1stm. Our wish is to compete fairly with others foreign clockers with ASUS hardware and materials

To conclude, if Asus German keep a Quad CFx contest only based on 3DMark 06 without cooling egality, Team FRANCE boycott this contest and won't be there. The only ways for us to come and compete is that the contest give teams equals chances :
    1/ Quad CFx on aircooling (no LN2 pots) or
    2/ Single 4870X2 in LN2 cooling

Hmm, unfortunately not exactly... I just have confirmation from Asus German and there will be only one benchmark : 3DMark 2006. The problem is that Asus want us to bench with 2 Graphic cards (Quad CFx).

However, every team don't have 4 specific LN2 pots to assume a Quad CFX benchmark with 4870X2 when we are kept in touch only 3 days before the contest. I know that Belgium, Germany and Sweden teams have LN2 pot but I'm sure that France and some teams don't have such pots. => Unfair competition since some teams will bench in aircooling and other teams under LN2.

In addition of that, Asus German isn't interested in a true competition, Asus German seems only interested in a World Record breaking. That's what I read from internal Asus mails... Breaking WR for Asus isn't the main purpose for me and Dami1stm. Our wish is to compete fairly with others foreign clockers with ASUS hardware and materials

To conclude, if Asus German keep a Quad CFx contest only based on 3DMark 06 without cooling egality, Team FRANCE boycott this contest and won't be there. The only ways for us to come and compete is that the contest give teams equals chances :
    Nothing to add
    An equaliterian contest or nothing for us...
    - Just, call me dami1 -

- We do not born expert, but we can become one -

Champion
    guys but think about it, still nobody tested 4870x2 on ln2 (afaik), and i don't think that any vmods will be allowed on the card(s), so if some teams could get 4 pot wich is compatible with 4870x2 and they can make all the preparation, and reaching few mhz more with much more risk in only 4 hours to bench... HF & i think they could use it without any bad sense from my side
    i need to quote smbody: "why so serious?"
    Last edited by Achill3uS; 08-14-2008 at 10:29 AM.
    I think mine is better.

Xtreme X.I.P

U can join my team ^^ 4 will be enough to bench unknown CPU + 4 GPU pot

OCTeamHungary™
    great pots . honestly nobody knows exactly how the contest will be held. we are just trying to figure out how it would be good. i hope it's gonna be a fair competition.

Jmax and dam... go to germany with PT1T!

yes some people already oc these card under ln2, yes they have some advantage...

But they don't have french (and belgium) skill..

Go to germany for beer!! (Bear ?)$$

This is not a contest, it's just for breaking some world record.. i know it's not very funny..
    i know yuou start without advantage..

but you can be sure french team + belgium team rox for ever ^^

For information:
    quad crossfire confirmed just today
    LN2 for vga confirmed just today

We have to go to show Francophone rules

PAstaga et frites power !!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Jugeen, today AOCC Berlin is not a competition or a contest : it's a common WR breaking :jap:.

Pt1t, thank you for this offer but I would rather prefer a fair competition from Asus German...

Achill3uS, , some guys already tested 4870 X2 and 4870 CF undel LN2. And when you will hardly reach 810MHz at the GPU without vmod since it will be too hot, you will be destroyed without any chance by more than 5000 points with a quad CF benching over 950MHz GPU. And the "risk" is little since 4 hours benching for one bench only is very very easy. You have time to destroy 2 Graphics cards, take 2 others GC, make 2 other insulations, vmods and others benchs impossible to reach in aircooling. It's not a contest

Xtreme Legend
    3DMark 06 with 2 4870X2 in 3DMark 06 will be fair for everybody, trust me

You can run the cards with stock coolers and get all out of gt3. No need for more than the stock cooling for 06.

Even if you would use ln2 on card it wouldnt give you a single extra point.
    Last edited by Kinc; 08-14-2008 at 10:56 AM.

edited !
    Last edited by asus france; 08-14-2008 at 11:43 AM.

OCTeamHungary™
    come on guys! we can bench together, rather we should arrange a x58 under subzero benching

Xtreme X.I.P
    Quote Originally Posted by asus france View Post
    Kinc,
    do you think it's normal i have to ask other team to know wich benchmark and wich material will be used for this lan?
    I have 4870X2 @ work, hot hot hot !!

i'm sure ln2 is better for this card ( but the pro, it's you :-) )^^
    CPU will do all Single 4870*2 scaled from 800 to 900mhz GPU under 3dmark2006 gives +70marks, Quad core to 4ghz.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinc View Post
    3DMark 06 with 2 4870X2 in 3DMark 06 will be fair for everybody, trust me

You can run the cards with stock coolers and get all out of gt3. No need for more than the stock cooling for 06.

Even if you would use ln2 on card it wouldnt give you a single extra point.
    Even, it is not normal

And it is not because that.

As the test SM2.0 is 100% CPU limited, as the SM3.0 is already much less and it is there we can win lot of points.
    - Just, call me dami1 -

- We do not born expert, but we can become one -

Xtremely Addicted
    We only have 2 teks (very very tight fit, not same dimension as before) so maybe team up Wondering if me cpu tube wil be ok for socket

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by dami1stm View Post
    Even, it is not normal

And it is not because that.

As the test SM2.0 is 100% CPU limited, as the SM3.0 is already much less and it is there we can win lot of points.
    It would give you more in 3Dmark 03 and all vantage presets. But not in 3DMark 06.

It is totally limited by cpu speed when using 2 pcs 4870X2. Nitrogen for 1 pc 4870X2 will increse the perofrmance in 06 greatly.

Note: Im not speaking about the competition just the natural behavior of 3DMark 06 with 4870X2 crossfire.
    Last edited by Kinc; 08-14-2008 at 11:31 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    As Marcus says, it's all about system preformance in 3DMark06. Having GPU pots won't benefit anyone at all, actually it would be an disadvantage due to more things to keep track on and things that could go wrong
    2008 - AOCC WW #2 | MOA EU #8 | GOOC WW #1
    2009 - GOOC WW #3 | MOA EU #3 | MOA WW #1 | GB TweaKing #6 | ASUS ROG OCS #2
    2010 - MOA EU #1 | GOOC EU #13 | MOA WW #1
    2011 - MOA EU #4 | MOA WW #?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinc View Post
    It would give you more in 3Dmark 03 and all vantage presets. But not in 3DMark 06.

It is totally limited by cpu speed when using 2 pcs 4870X2.
    We are doing some SM3 tests CPU 4.3GHz single 4870X2 stock and OC.

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    As Marcus says, it's all about system preformance in 3DMark06. Having GPU pots won't benefit anyone at all, actually it would be an disadvantage due to more things to keep track on and things that could go wrong
    that's the point m8

jmax_oc: i understand your opinion, but remember when Andre's 4 way pot result was broken with aircooled cards... and okay its more event then contest, but in our mails it seems it's a contest also (its in the name), i could send them to you if you don't have them... anyway we will have fun and will see about the details...
    Last edited by Achill3uS; 08-14-2008 at 11:32 AM.
    I think mine is better.

Admin
    OT: Are the the 4870X2 mounting holes different from the 3870X2? I heard that they were.

Marcus, if these cards have cold bugs I'll know who to blame.

I don't doubt no gains from high card clocks in '06, that is to be expected just considering the 3870X2 results.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast