Thread: Alarm / moniter for pumps?

Xtreme Member

Alarm / moniter for pumps?

I have been meaning to post this for a bit, however I get reading the threads and before i know it, I can leave from work

Back in the day I used MBM. Mainly because it would send the alarm threw your mobo speaker. I do not use speakers, I only use a 5.1 headset. Family couldn't take it anymore.

So the vast majority of programs out there are no good (For me). There alarms trigger threw the speakers and I don't always have my headset on.

I use too have mobo's that would shut you comp down if the RPM's on the fans died. Have not seen that in a while.

So I am looking for either software that will moniter the RPM's of the pumps and if one dies, will trigger an alarm three the mobo speaker.

Or hardware that will do the same (With an on board speaker).

Only thing I found thus far is this:

Not a fan, but having something in case a pump died would make me feel a lot better. I think I could even make myself buy and install the ghastly looking thing. (Oh btw, I had one die once before and it worries me now).

So what do you guys use? What else am I missing.

As always, thanks in advance.
    Best wishes
    Chris
    Last edited by Stealth42o; 08-01-2008 at 04:31 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    check the followings:
    http://www.t-balancer.com/english/pr...tban_bigng.htm

or Aqua Computer Aquaero
    http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/e_shop-index.htm

these things can, not just alarm you through sounds and leds, but also turn off your machine before it overheats if some fans or a pump fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm building one this school year for my senior project

Will monitor pump speed, fan speed, and water temp, display the info on an LCD, and in the event of a pump failure it will sound an alarm and perform a hard shutdown of the PC. Object is no more than 6 seconds after pump failure the PC will be OFF.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My mobo has that option (striker 2 formula) of shutting down if a fan's/pump's rpm's die

Q9450 @3.60 Ghz, Striker II Formula, Evga 9800GTX (863/2050/1200), 2X2gb 1100 5,5,5,18 D9's at 2.20V
    Cooled by: MCR320, D-Tek Fuzion V2, MCP335 w/ EK G3/8 TOPS, Full BP high flow 1/2" fittings
    Oh and Vista Ultimate (i know, I KNOW!)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos4 View Post
    check the followings:
    http://www.t-balancer.com/english/pr...tban_bigng.htm

or Aqua Computer Aquaero
    http://www.aqua-computer-systeme.de/e_shop-index.htm

these things can, not just alarm you through sounds and leds, but also turn off your machine before it overheats if some fans or a pump fail.
    Very nice, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    I'm building one this school year for my senior project

Will monitor pump speed, fan speed, and water temp, display the info on an LCD, and in the event of a pump failure it will sound an alarm and perform a hard shutdown of the PC. Object is no more than 6 seconds after pump failure the PC will be OFF.
    Would be nice! Exactly what I am looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 71 (Bryan) View Post
    My mobo has that option (striker 2 formula) of shutting down if a fan's/pump's rpm's die
    My last bunch of mobo's have not . Nice feature.
    Last edited by Stealth42o; 08-01-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah, im really happy it came with it since now i dont have to worry about killing everything of the pump dies, and i will also add pins from a fan to the pumps 3-pin connector so that i can power a fan from the same header as i monitor the pump, it like a win win situation since i wont be monitoring that specific fan anyway

Q9450 @3.60 Ghz, Striker II Formula, Evga 9800GTX (863/2050/1200), 2X2gb 1100 5,5,5,18 D9's at 2.20V
    Cooled by: MCR320, D-Tek Fuzion V2, MCP335 w/ EK G3/8 TOPS, Full BP high flow 1/2" fittings
    Oh and Vista Ultimate (i know, I KNOW!)

Xtreme Member
    Am also looking for something to power down the mobo in case of pump failure, for the 2nd pump thats is, since the 1st pump is connected to the mobo cpu rpm pinout.

Hv looked at MCubed and AC Aquero, they are wonderful products in their own right with fantastic features, but am looking for something simple that does not require much installation or connection, preferably something simple.

Thx

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos4 View Post
    So what's the learning curve on this thing? Cannot find a review. Anyone run one?

Nm found one:
    http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&articID=533

Still anyone running one, please post up.
    Last edited by Stealth42o; 08-02-2008 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Found one.