Thread: Which CPU Block?

Xtreme Member

Which CPU Block?

I am just about to start a rebuild and I think it's about time to upgrade my CPU block. I have a bowed Fuzion 1 atm. This block already has a new home waiting for it in a different PC (D-Tek fans don't get upset!), so basically I want to know what I should get next, which I think will either be an EK Supreme or Fuzion 2.

The loop will consist of a DDC w/ Petra's Top, a PA120.2, the CPU block, and an EK NB-5 cooling an E8500.

Opinions? It seems like the Supreme would give better temps, but it is also much more restrictive than the Fuzion 2.

Xtreme Member
    Queue R3 EK FTW post in 3... 2...

Edit: to be a bit more on topic here, from what I've been told with a single DDC3.2 you'll probably get better results from the FuZion 2 than the EK, but if you get a pump with a bit more power (or a second DDC3.2 in series) the EK will give you better results. Of course, I haven't tested this myself, this is mostly just what I've read in other posts on here, and it's somewhat up for debate.
    Last edited by orclev; 07-31-2008 at 01:23 PM.
    Curiosity was framed, Ignorance killed the cat.

Xtreme Member
    Don't quote me ( god knows I'm probably wrong ) but a multi block loop the Fusion V2 would be the best. In a single block loop the EK supreme rules.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you're not going to add anything else to that loop then flow is pretty irrelevant (the NB doesn't care much and will still be cool enough) and the Supreme will be the best. Ina CPU only loop (which yours pretty much is) all that matters is performance.

Xtreme Addict
    Fuzion2.

By the way, how did you bow your Fuzion?

Xtreme Member
    I'm still undecided, I doubt it will make that big of a difference as they are both great blocks.

@BlueAqua, there was a small washer included in the D-Tek nozzle kit which I think gives it a slight bow. That's what I was refering to.

Xtreme Addict
    MCW6002 > EK Supreme.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

I have three blocks in my Fuzion V2 loop and like the results (DDC3.2 w/ alphacool top).

Xtreme Member
    On second thought I think I'll just stick with my Fuzion V1 for the moment. I may upgrade a little ways down the road, but I don't think the performance difference will be big when I do. Even Eddy said the difference is only around 3C. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll probably go with the Supreme when I do decide to upgrade.