Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Live MB OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    Bad luck man.. do you have another set of memory to try when the new one arrives? cus some RAM are just not compatible atm...
    Funny u should say that... ive been looking for a decent 2x2gb kit actually... been keeping an eye on a couple of sets of g-skills (12800CL7D-4GBHZ). Any tips for a good/alternative set for this board?
    System Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x2gb G-Skill Ripjaw 2133mhz
    MSI Radeon R9 290X
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    2x Crucial M4 256gb RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.12 3TB HDD
    Corsair AX860i.

Watercooling Specs
    EK Supreme HF, XSPC EX360, XSPC EX240, DDC Ultra w/aquacomputer top, Aqualis XT res, Kryographics 290X GPU block

[QUOTE=eternal_fantasy;3187952]Indeed, no need to worry too much, just keep these things in mind. As 3oh6 said, as long as it is stable, then it is fine.
    Please post back your results when you get your board! [/QU

I was very lucky with my S2E from and i feel that two times lucky is much....With my small experience and S2E big issues (corruption and
    stability issues) i had S2E working (1800:1800 synced-linked) from
    day one and temps was great...So i hope i will not have to go on water
    for such speeds...I will sure post my results

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sirsim View Post
    Indeed, no need to worry too much, just keep these things in mind. As 3oh6 said, as long as it is stable, then it is fine.
    Please post back your results when you get your board!

I was very lucky with my S2E from and i feel that two times lucky is much....With my small experience and S2E big issues (corruption and
    stability issues) i had S2E working (1800:1800 synced-linked) from
    day one and temps was great...So i hope i will not have to go on water
    for such speeds...I will sure post my results
    As you can see in my sig, I too am not a fan of the S2E... had more windows installations in a week then I've had all previously combined...

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMK View Post
    Funny u should say that... ive been looking for a decent 2x2gb kit actually... been keeping an eye on a couple of sets of g-skills (12800CL7D-4GBHZ). Any tips for a good/alternative set for this board?
    I was looking at that set but went for the A-Data instead, boy have I regretted that decision
    You should give it a try, been hearing good things about the G.Skill, and 3oh6 seems to be having a blast with his.

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

[QUOTE=eternal_fantasy;3188170]As you can see in my sig, I too am not a fan of the S2E... had more windows installations in a week then I've had all previously combined...

I must admit that when i first sow your sig (some time ago) i thought to wait little longer and see how you will rate RAMPAGE
    Last edited by sirsim; 08-03-2008 at 12:16 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I was looking at that set but went for the A-Data instead, boy have I regretted that decision
    You should give it a try, been hearing good things about the G.Skill, and 3oh6 seems to be having a blast with his.
    Thanks for the tip... think im gonna order some for when get my extreme replaced!
    System Specs:
    Core i7 2600k
    Asus Maximus V Gene
    4x2gb G-Skill Ripjaw 2133mhz
    MSI Radeon R9 290X
    Asus Xonar Essence STX
    2x Crucial M4 256gb RAID 0
    Seagate 7200.12 3TB HDD
    Corsair AX860i.

Watercooling Specs
    EK Supreme HF, XSPC EX360, XSPC EX240, DDC Ultra w/aquacomputer top, Aqualis XT res, Kryographics 290X GPU block

uncore challenged...
    so far so good...

Click link for full size screenshot...
    910MHz :: 1.96v

but tRD of 7 seems to be running out of gas here and more vNB isn't helping...might be too much for the temps after all. this is the kit i am working with...G.Skill PI 2x2GB PC3-12800 7-7-7
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [QUOTE=sirsim;3188220]
    As you can see in my sig, I too am not a fan of the S2E... had more windows installations in a week then I've had all previously combined...

I must admit that when i first sow your sig (some time ago) i thought to wait little longer and see how you will rate RAMPAGE
    Oh I've already feel it is the best motherboard I've personally used , both in design and practice, and will rate appropriately so, even with the memory issues. But I will wait for a couple more BIOS releases to sort out the memory compatibility before that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMK View Post
    Thanks for the tip... think im gonna order some for when get my extreme replaced!

Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    so far so good...

910MHz :: 1.96v

but tRD of 7 seems to be running out of gas here and more vNB isn't helping...might be too much for the temps after all. this is the kit i am working with...G.Skill PI 2x2GB PC3-12800 7-7-7
    Thats an amazing kit! more then I can say about my A-Data 4GB..
    Have you tried using CL8 and see how high it will go? And how much vNB are you using atm?

We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

uncore challenged...
    Have you tried using CL8 and see how high it will go? And how much vNB are you using atm?
    i have only just begun with this kit...still trying to figure this board out. apparently tRD 7 is still got some juice in it...secondaries on this kit needed to loosen up a touch. it's been a while since i clocked anything on a capable Intel board so bear with me

920MHz :: 1.96v

and all voltages are there in the screenshot...PC Probe is pretty much what is set in the BIOS...so, 1.55v for vNB
    i don't quote in my signature, but best WR ever...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor3lBR View Post
    It holds the current WR for the least vcore required to run 4500Mhz stable (1.32vcore)
    i can't even make that shyt up ^^^

Xtreme Member
    Bye Bye OCZ - Hello G.Skill

Thanks for the recommendations guys and to 3oh6 for posting your results. Just ordered mine from here :-
    http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...0hzseries.html

Hope to get Vista activated tonight

Will be happy to run memory at 1800Mhz with a multi of 9 for 4050Mhz.

My rig :QX9770-C1 on Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme cooler
    XFX GTX280 XT. Creative X-Fi Elite Pro.
    OCZ 4x1Gb PC3-16000C9 2000Mhz Platinum EB
    Samsung F1 1TB & 2X500Gb Hitachi SATA 2.
    2xSamsung 20XDVD-RW SATA
    Vista Ultimate 32bit
    Asus Rampage Extreme
    Bios : 0403
    Enermax Infinity 720w
    CM Stacker 832 5x120 fans.

Xtreme Member
    I got those ones one the way:

http://www.memoryc.com/computermemor...seriescl7.html

Hopefully they arrive tomorrow

Xtreme Member
    Wow, 200+ euro.... I should have just ordered that instead of this cpu-in-a-box....

Guys, notice anything strange when you first turn on the motherboard? Sometimes, it just won't turn on. Have to wait a few seconds to try again. And the ROG logo just blinks...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    i have only just begun with this kit...still trying to figure this board out. apparently tRD 7 is still got some juice in it...secondaries on this kit needed to loosen up a touch. it's been a while since i clocked anything on a capable Intel board so bear with me

920MHz :: 1.96v

and all voltages are there in the screenshot...PC Probe is pretty much what is set in the BIOS...so, 1.55v for vNB
    My limit on the vNB while watercooling using the fusion block was around 1.60-1.65V, before the system became unstable just from the hot northbridge. At 1.7V the system won't even post. So I think you're at the limit of air cooling with 1.55V at the moment. In my experience Intel's X38 and X48 chipsets are very sensitive to heat, and was much more stable and overclockable If I was able to keep it under 47 degrees. It even needed less voltage to run at the same settings. Any plans on putting the NB under water? You will gain more then if you were to watercool the CPU

MemoryC should give us commission for getting them business!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxx View Post
    Wow, 200+ euro.... I should have just ordered that instead of this cpu-in-a-box....

Guys, notice anything strange when you first turn on the motherboard? Sometimes, it just won't turn on. Have to wait a few seconds to try again. And the ROG logo just blinks...
    JUST the first time you turn on? because it normally detect the memory/CPU etc, but dosen't give it enough power to run at its rated speed, so at the subsequent power up it lowers the speed of the components to POST.

Does it happen after you've set the BIOS voltages like rising the VDimm and VCore?

JUST the first time you turn on? because it normally detect the memory/CPU etc, but dosen't give it enough power to run at its rated speed, so at the subsequent power up it lowers the speed of the components to POST.

Does it happen after you've set the BIOS voltages like rising the VDimm and VCore?

Rampage Formula does the same thing after bios changes like loadline calibration
    enable/disable, voltages changing (not all the times though) e.t.c.Its not an issue it works like this..But for Extreme i don,t know...
    Last edited by sirsim; 08-04-2008 at 04:19 AM.
    Rampage Extreme
    QX9650+Thermaliright U-90i
    Powercolor HD3870X2
    2x1Gb G.Skill F312800 1600GHz (7-7-7-18 1.9V)
    COSMOS S case+750W Toughpower PSU

Xtreme Member
    So I think you're at the limit of air cooling with 1.55V at the moment.
    1.55v I got mine at only 1.33v and its already 49c at boot up.
    It happens everytime I turn it on. Even loading default settings from the BIOS does this sort of behaviour.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by maxxx View Post
    It happens everytime I turn it on. Even loading default settings from the BIOS does this sort of behaviour.
    Is there any problem after you manage to get the system to boot? On my Rampage Extreme it boots up pretty much stright away. The ROG logo pulses when the system is off anyway. Or do you actually mean blink, as in higher frequency then pulse?
    You can try if you have another set of ram, and see if that still happens.

Xtreme Member
    Or do you actually mean blink, as in higher frequency then pulse?
    It does blink during boot up. Doesn't really matter, i'll turn it off in the BIOS.

I'll try 1 pc of ram and see if it behaves the same. I have no spare DDR3 at the moment and I am thinking of getting those G.Skills you guys are using.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We really need someone with insider connections to stealth-drop BIOS' for us Rampage Extreme users like in other motherboard threads... The Asus FTP site is still only showing 0301 as its only BIOS

And reading a Taiwanese forum Xfastest.com the OP Rampage Extreme reviewer are commenting that these X48 chips are different from regular X48s found in mobos like the Rampage formula/BlackOps/DFI X48-TxR etc, with different chip ID, the reason behind why it can acheve such high FSBs not capable with other X38-X48 boards.

Xtreme Member
    Yes, that would be good to get things really moving.

Someone like PMP on the SIIE thread

Xtreme Member
    Stupid Question.

Some of you are talking about high NB temps.
    I know you can remove the water block to mount the passive cooler, is it possible to mount say a Swiftec NB cooler in place of the passive cooler to get better temps and still leave the rest of the cooling intact?
    The reason I am asking is I was thinking out the same thing for mine when it arrives.
    GA-EX58-UD3R rev 1.6[/COLOR]
    6gb Patriot DDR3 @ 1333mhz
    166 QPI Core i7 920 @ 3.33ghz
    4 X 80gb Veloci Raptors in Raid 0
    Creative Xfi Fatal1ty
    2 Sapphire 4870s in Crossfire
    Dell 3007 WFP
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000watt PSU
    Lian Li PC-A10B
    Air Cooled by Noctua

Xtreme Member
    What about the CellShock in your signature,how they doing?

Has anyone tried this kit?

http://www.plaisio.gr/product.aspx?c...roduct=1107143

I got the Rampage Formula and i want to move to Extreme.

stealth
    Last edited by stealth; 08-04-2008 at 07:53 AM.
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe,Opty 185 2.6Ghz(Toledo)@3003Ghz(273X11,1.3v,HT 1365Mhz),Asus 8800GTX 768mb,Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL PRO@DDR546 3-3-2-6 1T 2.8v,PCP&C 750Watt Quad,WD 120GB Sata, WD 250GB Sata2,X-Fi Fatality,Nec ND4551A.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by REVHEAD View Post
    Stupid Question.

Some of you are talking about high NB temps.
    I know you can remove the water block to mount the passive cooler, is it possible to mount say a Swiftec NB cooler in place of the passive cooler to get better temps and still leave the rest of the cooling intact?
    The reason I am asking is I was thinking out the same thing for mine when it arrives.
    I'm sure nothing is impossible with a little modding

Quote Originally Posted by stealth View Post
    What about the CellShock in your signature,how they doing?

Has anyone tried this kit?

http://www.plaisio.gr/product.aspx?c...roduct=1107143

I got the Rampage Formula and i want to move to Extreme.

stealth
    My 1800 kit is absolutely fine with the Rampage Extreme, you can see what it can do in THIS post. However it cannot go above 1960Mhz DDR CL8 even with 2.1V.
    Also in that post you'll see that the blue CellShock DDR3-1866 D9JNL kit you've linked is NOT compatable with the Rampage Extreme with the current BIOS, but I'm sure it will be with later BIOS releases. I couldn't get it to enter windows at default settings using the blue kit...

Xtreme Member
    Also in that post you'll see that the blue CellShock DDR3-1866 D9JNL kit you've linked is NOT compatable with the Rampage Extreme with the current BIOS, but I'm sure it will be with later BIOS releases. I couldn't get it to enter windows at default settings using the blue kit...
    It's a pity...looks good Ram,i can't understand why isn't compatible with the board.

Thanks a lot for the info.

stealth
    Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe,Opty 185 2.6Ghz(Toledo)@3003Ghz(273X11,1.3v,HT 1365Mhz),Asus 8800GTX 768mb,Corsair Twinx2048-3500LL PRO@DDR546 3-3-2-6 1T 2.8v,PCP&C 750Watt Quad,WD 120GB Sata, WD 250GB Sata2,X-Fi Fatality,Nec ND4551A.

Xtreme Member
    I just ordered a E8600 to go along with this board, I sure hope I can hit the 4ghz Dream 24/7, my crossfire will enjoy that. I dont expect anything better than what I am allready getting from my quad so the E8600 may be my ticket.
    Maybe my board and chip will arrive on the same day, the sooner they get there the better haha.
    GA-EX58-UD3R rev 1.6[/COLOR]
    6gb Patriot DDR3 @ 1333mhz
    166 QPI Core i7 920 @ 3.33ghz
    4 X 80gb Veloci Raptors in Raid 0
    Creative Xfi Fatal1ty
    2 Sapphire 4870s in Crossfire
    Dell 3007 WFP
    Cooler Master Real Power Pro 1000watt PSU
    Lian Li PC-A10B
    Air Cooled by Noctua

Xtreme Member

Back in business....

Well after 2hrs of being on the phone to a MS Vista expert I'm back up and running . Somehow the activation process became corrupt (whilst trying to get the OCZ to run at decent speeds). So after lots of 'slmgr' commands that failed a safe mode and restore done the trick so I now have a new product key and can get back into Windows.

Still not used the system in anger yet - waiting for new memory to arrive - but some strange things :-
    1) Everest now reports hard disc temps and M/B temp but no N/B temp.
    2) The sata connections report the correct drives in the bios (Samsung port 1, Hitachi at 3 & 4, Optical 5 & 6) but in Windows using disc management or Acronis Disk Director it sees them in a different order - Samsung boot disc is disk 2 with Hitachi at 1 & 3.

Might not be strange but just unique to Intel chipset as I have always had Nvidia chipsets in the past.

to this thread Revhead and Stealth.

Page 4 of 119 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast