Thread: Cypher's stop-gap PC-8.

Xtreme Member

Cypher's stop-gap PC-8.

Long story short, this build was originally going to be a corker. A fully custom job with internal/external powdercoating, custom laser cut side panel, watercooled crossfire graphics and a SB750 motherboard hopefully helping me overclock my long idle Phenom 9950....

BUT!

I've been having an absolute nightmare with work recently (more specifically, getting paid for the work), and now have found out i'm potentially completely out of work. This means the project, for now, has to be scaled down some.

The powdercoating is taking a backseat, the dreams of crossfire graphics is going out the window and i'm gonna have to pull some old hardware out of retirement (the 512MB GTS and 790FX DFI mobo). I will still be getting the side panel done though, cant let all that watercooling goodness be hidden away can we. :wink:

Anyways, the last couple of watercooling bits should be here tomorrow and I only need to do a few cuts in the mobo tray and then I can have a functioning AMD rig again. PICTURES!

Heres the floor all butchered up (remember this is all temporary, so excuse the remaining tape, lack of filters, missing screws etc):

Not bad for my first bit of free hand dremel action, no?

The actual build went pretty swimmingly, no major problems or hiccups:

All I need to do is wait for the leak test to complete, plug in the few cables thats required and then give it all a wipe down and polish (oh the fingerprints!).

oooh, exciting.

Xtreme Member
    All done now. All cables in, booted into windows first time no headaches.... just need to buy another keyboard to use it. >.<

Proper picture time!!!

oooh, exciting.

Banned
    Looks good!

BUT

No zip ties or barbs = increase heart rate

[XG] Xtreme Gamer
    Sad to hear, but its looking good cypher!
    I am Xtreme

Xtreme Member
    Looks great mate, what kind of coolant are you using ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTxP]Riggs View Post
    Sad to hear, but its looking good cypher!
    Oh yeah I forgot to be human.

I hope you find a more stable job in the near future and that you do recover the pay they owe you. If you ever get the, "Oh next week we'll pay you" it could be because the business is going bust. Anyhoo whatever may be the issue with you and them, let that be something to remember and not something to repeat . I'm looking forward to my turn later on lol.

Xtreme Member
    Acid green Feser.

And yeah I know I should secure the tubes with cable ties (I bought some UV green ones to match funnily enough), but to be frank I couldn't pull it off a barb with all the force I could muster, even some side to side action wouldn't get it off the D-Tek's.... and I work in construction, so believe me I got some good grip. :P

EDIT: And thanks for the words of encouragement mate, it's always a blow to find yourself out of work (and a blow directed to the sack when it's just before christmas). But like most people i've been in the same situation before, you just gotta get past it. Personally I see it as a opportunity for new adventures.
    Last edited by D-Cyph3r; 11-06-2008 at 05:19 PM.

oooh, exciting.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    The air vortex in the tube looks awesome (I know it shouldn't be there but it's cool nevertheless). In fact the whole build looks good.

Unfourtunate to hear about your job, I hope you manage to get yourself sorted out