I'm starting a new thread so I can add the pictures and info I discovered when rebuilding my G70 loop.
You can check some old pictures at the thread linked on my sig. I had the G70 powdercoated since my first build, I showed some pictures in my last try on rebuildind using some push in fittings that was a total fiasco.
- my temporary old loop:
- I received some new parts. I changed my P35 Asus for a Maximus Formula so I can do Crossfire. I bought one 4870 and I'll add another one on september. Upgraded RAM too, 4GB was so cheap I coudn't resist.
- I bought the XSPC res/top . I noticed the problem some guys complain about the threads on the res. The problem on mine was not the quality of the threads but the angle of the outlet threads. When I tried the Koolance fitting one border was touching the acrilic first, avoinding the oring to sit flush and seal. I did some milling on the border of the res (and some scratches too) and solved the problem. So it is not a quality control issue, is a designing issue. I'll mount it with the XSPC bracket, it is a simple acrilic bracket with 4 threaded holes. After I bought it I saw the one sold by Petra, too late.
- I'll have the koolance 4870 full cover block this week and I'll post some pictures later.
- Thanks to Utnorris I have now some power over my PA120.3. 3 SanAces H1011. My fear was that they would not fit the G70 using the shroud. Well, I can confirm it fits but it was my best lucky this year. I'll quit the lottery after this rad mount. Check the pictures.
- used but like new condition
- bare wires. I used some old fans wiring and some quick solder.
- Check this mounting. It is a really tight fit but it worked. You loose 3 drive bays on height. Maybe you can use a short drive or rheobus on the third bay from the top.
What a difference from my old YL medium. These are really powerfull fans.
- My new res/top. I'll try to route the tubbing in a really short loop. I'll need my new VGA block to try it. The fan on the back of the case will be placed on the outside. The fittings are koolance 3/8x1/2, really nice finish and fitted on my Fuzion V1.