Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Performance" loss with 1/4" tubing???

Xtreme Addict
    Looks like Sharka has just about everything I would need as well, they've got 6mm ID tubing and compression fittings as well as 8mm so there is that option. The only thing they don't have that i would normally get is the Swiftech Rad...I'd have to go back to the Black Ice GT Stealth which sounds like a more restrictive rad.

The thing that has me wanting to "settle" for the Black Ice rad and order from Sharka is they've got black 6mm ID tubing which I think looks freaking sweet and it's pretty cheap as well. If I did want to go with 8mm ID tubing and 1/4" compression fittings there is Tygon 8mm ID tubing that's clear and would work great, but it's about 4 times as much and I really like the look of the black tubing.

Honestly...because I'm not insanely worried about temps (as long as they're as good as/better then my air temps by even a small margin) I think I wanna stick with the 6mm compression fittings so I can get the black tubing. I'm gonna be tearing the Shuttle apart to get the interior of the case painted black and sleeve the PSU cables black before the watercooling gets installed and I just think that the black tubing would be too perfect.

It's because I'm doing/planning a lot of this based on aesthetics that I'm probably gonna have some people trying to change my mind, but (like i said) if my temps are even 5C better then my air temps I'll be satisfied enough, because I wanna do all this to reduce noise and to create a system that makes you stop and stare.

I'm gonna be constantly looking for ways to improve the setup as i might not get to start buying things for a month or so but please don't let that stop any of you from commenting on the plans or suggesting new/different ideas.
    • Intel Core i7 875K @ 3.86GHz 1.35v /w Intel Extreme Tower Heatsink
    • Intel Extreme DP55KG
    • 2x2GB Kingston HyperX PC3-10666
    • ATI HD5970 2GB @ 850/1,200
    • Lian-Li PC-7B
    • Corsair TX750 PSU

Xtreme Addict
    A quick question...does the DDC Water Tank addon here have space for 2 fittings in it or do you have to use one of the barbs on the actual pump? I'm not 100% what fitting I would need/use if the water tank is on the pump.

EDIT: I really want the black tubing and don't wanna pay extra shipping just for that so I think I'm gonna go primarily with Sharka for the following:

- D-Tek FuZion CPU Block (it's either this or an older DangerDen block or overpriced Aquacomputers block)
    - Mazzer 6mmID Black Tubing
    - AquaComputer 6x1mm Straight Compression Fitting x 8
    - Black Ice Stealth GT 120 (again, it's either this or Aquacomputer gear)
    - Laing DDC 111GPH Pump /w Alphacool Reservoir
    - Aquacomputer Blue LED (a little something extra to light up the reservoir, it'll be sticking out the top of the case a little bit and I figure it'd look kinda cool)

Essentially all I'm really sacrificing going with Sharka is the Radiator and possibly the CPU block...how's the FuZion compared to the Apogee GT? I'm willing to live with those two changes in order to get the black tubing and then I'll order the EK Full coverage HD4870 block direct from them or more locally from NCIX when they get it in stock.

Sorry for rambling but yeah....back to my original question...how will the fitting work with the DDC and attached Reservoir? Does the Reservoir have two fitting holes or is one on the res and one on the pump?
    Last edited by Cornelious0_0; 07-30-2008 at 01:13 PM.
    • Intel Extreme DP55KG
    • Lian-Li PC-7B
    • Corsair TX750 PSU

Banned
    Fuzion is infinitely better than the Apogee and is highly regarded in the WC community. I own the v1 and v2 myself. For the radiator, it's not a biggie since the restriction is compensated by the Fuzion (it's really free-flowing, even more than the Apogee from what I saw around).
    Last edited by Xilikon; 07-30-2008 at 05:43 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornelious0_0 View Post
    Nice to see you posting regularly here Linus, I just put through a $2,100 order for a watercooled system for a client of mine with you guys and I have been very happy with the service...just had to RMA one of the radiator barbs as I was sent the wrong size for one of them.

I checked NCIX and there isn't a lot of 6mm fittings that I'm looking for, most of the other parts are in stock though that i could use, do you know (Linus) if it's possible to order the 1/4" ID Bitspower compression fittings so that I can deal with you guys isntead of an american company?
    I'll bring in some Bitspower 1/4" compression fittings if you need them. Send me a quick email at Linus@ncix.com with how many you need because I will order about double that to cover you and one other person. We really don't sell a lot of 1/4" gear.

As for that barb problem. It was brought to my attention and I might as well explain it to you personally. That one with the O-ring was ANCIENT inventory from when we were still buying Thermochill from Aquatuning.de. We deal with Thermochill directly now (Canadian so we don't go through US distribution) and the one without the O-ring is the official Thermochill branded barb.

I had asked RMA to recommend you switch to the EK ones which are very high quality and include an O-ring. Hopefully that message got passed along.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Xtreme Addict
    Fuzion is infinitely better than the Apogee and is highly regarder in the WC community. I own the v1 and v2 myself. For the radiator, it's not a biggie since the restriction is compensated by the Fuzion (it's really free-flowing, even more than the Apogee from what I saw around).
    Good to know all around, and more or less what i thought.

Linus, the message did get across, it is the shorter barb WITH the O-ring that I got is the one that fits...I sent in the longer one without the o-ring that I was told was the old Thermochill stock...thanks again for orchestrating the whole thing...I just got an email today saying that the barb got there this afternoon...hopefully it gets back to me relatively soon so I can finish this build for my client.

I might shoot you an email tomorrow or later tonight, I would rather buy almost everything from NCIX if I could but there are some things that I might have to go elsewhere for by the looks of it. I'll let you know what all I'm looking for though and see how things go, thanks for staying in close contact...really makes me want to bring you back some more business as opposed to buying from the states...even if it means having some things special ordered.

Only "catch" is I'm gonna have to build a computer for my fiance before I can put together all this watercooling gear because I'll have to tear apart the Shuttle and she gets annoyed when I start fiddling around too much. I'm getting married in less then a month so cash is tight and some of this stuff is probably gonna get put on hold...but as soon as i can I'll start picking up bits and pieces of this loop.

Linus, if there are some things that you can special order that I need I might get them sooner then I really need them in case something happens but I'll let you know, thanks again.
    Last edited by Cornelious0_0; 07-30-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    • Intel Extreme DP55KG
    • Lian-Li PC-7B
    • Corsair TX750 PSU

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12