Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NEW! SMP windows beta clients v6.22

Banned
    Post you complete fahlog.txt in [ code ] [ / code ] tags please ( without the spaces offcourse )

Also, if you're running beta software, there is an official forum allocated to handling bug reports. Xs is a folding team, we/I try to help everyone but no one here is official support, just want to make sure you understand that. Don't want to put you off folding if no one here seems to be able to help out ( not that it happens allot I think ).

If there is a serieus problem I'll post it there if needed, not trying to make you feel more responcible to report it yourself I happily do these things if it means getting more people onboard

Also, this my personal opinion and in no way related to whatever the official standpoint of XS is ( infact, don't think there is one except that if it crunches it's good ).

Btw, to make it easier to debug include screenshots of taskmanager showing the processes during startup of the client. So the main exe process should be running in ss one, the next screenshot should be made just before you get the error message

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I'm going to take a look again at the F@H forum and see if I can find something. I know there's bugs, but I am a little disappointed that I have not been doing smp for 2 days now. Maybe I'll try the 5.91 route and upgrade it?

I'll take a look and see what happens.

Is anyone actually running 6.22 yet on here?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Banned
    I'm at 94%, will update when the wu finishes but I'm on vista x64 so I just have one upgrade option. http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=4271 that is the link to the thread about the new client, just four pages and not allot of info yet so I'm sure they'll appriciate you signing up if you don't have an account there and reporting the issues yourself as you know firsthand what happend. If you're to bussy I'll report it when I upgrade myself ( hopefully without issues ).

Nerdy Powerlifter
    I just reinstalled 5.91 so that I can at least get one WU in before I am forced to upgrade.

I'll be reading about how to upgrade instead of fresh instal.

I'll sign up anyways so that if anything goes wrong... they can help me out...

Any word on auto-updating the smp like gpu?
    You must [not] advance.

Current Rig: i7 4790k @ stock (**** TIM!) , Zotac GTX 1080 WC'd 2214mhz core / 5528mhz Mem, Asus z-97 Deluxe

Heatware

Banned
    Not going to happen, btw Gpu also doesn't auto update.

There is no client for Folding At Home which updates, only the cores autoupdate. That's why the beta clients expire, they get debugged untill they are working like they should and get taken out off beta. There are still V4 clients folding out there, they can't can't use any of the newer cores which need functionality added in the newer clients but they will continue to run as long as there are wu's being put out for those older cores.

Xtreme Cruncher
    @Synth: quicky question... is there any chance of this kind of situation could've happened; you installed it right way, but taking initial start the shortcuts weren't on the spot. That would lead into folding in uniprocessor-state of this 6.22-client and your f@h have fahcore_82 folding, amber wu at queue.dat and work-folder.
    When after this, you corrected shortcuts, folding in smp-mode client did get confused leaved it running at low efficiency.
    If that was the case... simply deleting queue.dat, work-folder, unitinfo.fxt and fahcore82.exe and restarting the client might have been sufficient. That we won't know... until I try this scenario myself but not today. If I have the opportunity I will do it tomorrow.

Of course... it could have been that client didn't like to act properly under program files -location...

...I try to do a guide when I've enough time... which I was lack of yesterday, today,...

Banned
    Sc00p did you read post 38 by any chanche

You're right though

I'm going to update myself now, will post when it's done

Xtreme Cruncher
    Maybe he's putting the flags in the wrong place? I know with the uni-processor we would put them in the registry under "Image Path".......
    i3-8100 | GTX 970
    Ryzen 5 1600 | RX 580
    Assume nothing; Question everything

Banned
    Well my update seems to be without problems. I download only the new exe, dropped it in the right place and added -smp to my existing shortcut ( edited for the right exe offcourse ). The timestamp on this version is even more off then the previous one, but so far no real issues. Core usage is still maxed out, still using MPI also because there is no DEINO X64 support.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123