thanks for the pat on the back
    Both
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

Xtreme X.I.P.
    now the latter is actually interesting... i think ever since dell bought them they really slowed down and i actually havent heard anything about them or their products ever since, but they did and i suppose still do offer quite nice products for people who dont care about the price and just want a fast machine. hows working with them? nda signing marathon right? i remember when you sign their nda, mentioning that you did sign an nda with them already breaks the nda

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    now the latter is actually interesting... i think ever since dell bought them they really slowed down and i actually havent heard anything about them or their products ever since, but they did and i suppose still do offer quite nice products for people who dont care about the price and just want a fast machine. hows working with them? nda signing marathon right? i remember when you sign their nda, mentioning that you did sign an nda with them already breaks the nda
    Ahh, the famous Dell concrete *da. See I can't even type it But it's not all bad, they just need to get their poop in a group. I agree, Alienware needs to change.

Just glad that there is a fairly thick line between what I do and what they do.

EDIT:

Alright Dell crap aside I want a new Black Ops board. Point me in the right direction saaya
    Last edited by ReverendMaynard; 08-14-2008 at 06:27 AM.
    GB 790XTA UD4
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I dont want to seem like an A$$ but the lack of supply (NO Stores in Canada have these in stock or even carry them...) makes me have to go to something else
    Really sucks but I guess thats the way it is.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmmm i met some good sales guys here and talked to a friend at a big shop, im pretty sure i can pull some strings within the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if you guys can hold your breath that long...

Xtreme Addict
    hmmmm i met some good sales guys here and talked to a friend at a big shop, im pretty sure i can pull some strings within the next 2 or 3 weeks, so if you guys can hold your breath that long...
    Any news on that saaya? I'm still on board with Foxconn, but I need availability
    GB 790XTA UD4
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Did foxcon ever come out with that 790i board i heard something about for a while?
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmm quality control at foxconn is very tight, if theres a tiny issue that no end user will ever experience or care about, they still tend to delay the whole thing...
    that caused us a LOTof issues with 790i... its impossible to tell if it was our design or the 790 chipset, but in the end it simply didnt work out.
    from every batch of boards some worked flawlessy and some had random issues... one would fail in long term reboot tests and hang every now and then, some would crash in 3dmark every now and then... but the biggest issue was memory stability. around half the boards of every batch had issues with that while the other half worked flawlessly.

in the end we decided to skip 790 in favour of other projects

about availability, working with sales now and they are in talks with a canadian distributor

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    any news on a dual gainstown board?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    that caused us a LOTof issues with 790i... its impossible to tell if it was our design or the 790 chipset, but in the end it simply didnt work out.
    from every batch of boards some worked flawlessy and some had random issues... one would fail in long term reboot tests and hang every now and then, some would crash in 3dmark every now and then... but the biggest issue was memory stability. around half the boards of every batch had issues with that while the other half worked flawlessly.
    I wonder if the truth will ever come out about this, as it seems to be a repeat of the problems of the 680i... It's 50/50 if you got a good board or not. I know others on this forum are saying the 790i issues are all fixed but i don't believe that myself, i think all the people left with one are just those who got a good board.

With the info coming out on some bad manufacturing decisions that have affected their mobile chips, you have to wonder if something similar isn't going on with their chipsets. Something like that would explain why some boards are good and some boards are bad.
    TJ07 | Corsair HX1000W | Gigabyte EX58 Extreme | i7 930 @ 4ghz | Ek Supreme | Thermochill PA 120.3 | Laing DDC 12v w/ mod plexi top | 3x2gb Corsair 1600mhz | GTX 680 | Raid 0 300gb Velociraptor x 2 | Razer Lachesis & Lycosa | Win7 HP x64 | fluffy dice.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    any news on a dual gainstown board?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Xello View Post
    I wonder if the truth will ever come out about this, as it seems to be a repeat of the problems of the 680i... It's 50/50 if you got a good board or not. I know others on this forum are saying the 790i issues are all fixed but i don't believe that myself, i think all the people left with one are just those who got a good board.

With the info coming out on some bad manufacturing decisions that have affected their mobile chips, you have to wonder if something similar isn't going on with their chipsets. Something like that would explain why some boards are good and some boards are bad.
    no comment...
    Last edited by saaya; 09-14-2008 at 07:34 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    starting from today you can order quantum force motherboards through newegg from the US!
    Hope this solves the problem, and sorry things didnt work out earlier...

Xtreme Member
    starting from today you can order quantum force motherboards through newegg from the US!
    Hope this solves the problem, and sorry things didnt work out earlier...
    so this thread is kind-of old, but I just thought I would post this Newegg.ca

It's the Canadian web site for Newegg.....I didn't know they had one, maybe some of you didn't either.

I hope this wasn't an obvious thing I dumbly found.(I only saw it on the rebate form I filled out for my Destroyer)

Note: I live in the USA, so that might be a good reason I didn't know about this :P

Xtreme X.I.P.
    heh, thx m8
    i guess some people might not know that newegg shipps to canada now

HWGurus
    And is there any possibility to buy BR in some store,or maybe directly from foxconn, that is shipping to Croatia?

Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    And is there any possibility to buy BR in some store,or maybe directly from foxconn, that is shipping to Croatia?
    From what I've heard, there should be some Blood Rage boards available in Croatia (Bencomp.hr) in coming weeks.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by quake6 View Post
    sorry, we dont sell directly to end users, we cant :/
    we can do group orders tho in case several people want to order boards together, then i can maybe hook them up to sales

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12