Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best reservoir?

Xtreme Addict
    The Aluminum res's from XSPC aren't bad to be honest. (I'm not an XSPC rep but I've been there and used products etc) Got a few from 2yrs ago as well as having got 1 myself and after 2yrs they still look great inside. Draining them apparantly helps prevent but Paul showed me his 1 that he uses for testing with his new block designs and it's his old faithful and I can see why

I'm not too bothered about restriction cause my 1 will be used to feed 2 loops rather than be a dump box...

~Bex
    PROJECT :: The Xtreme (WET) Dream!!!

PERSONAL H2O BESTS :
    E8600 @ 4.8GHz
    E6750 @ 4GHz QX9650 @ 4.6GHz
    i7 920 @ 4.6GHz

PERSONAL AIR BESTS :
    Sempron140 @ 4Ghz (Stock Cooler)
    i7 3960x @ 5.4ghz (Air Cooler)

Bex : "Who said girls can't play PC games or overclock!? Do I look like your imagination!?"
    Aaron : "TBH, a girl doing all that is a pretty perfect girl!"
    Swift_Wraith : "could someone please check bex for a penis?"

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    just like there is no best radiator, or best pump, or best cpu block.

There is no best reservoir. Because each has an application fitting its need.

The overall recomended tho is the MCRes from swiftech due to its size and function. its a great res at a cheap price. Some will say EK, however they all have horrible vortex issues.

I like my koolance res, however cleaning is a PITA since you cant remove the top.

So to each his own is the proper answer. YMMV!
    I would like to take this opportunity to announce the following accessories coming up within days for the MCRes Micro: new 1/2" barb adapter (chrome plated brass)for the PG7 fill-port, to be coupled with new remote fill-port (chrome plated brass)to install at top of case or as needed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mcresmicro-with-fill-port.jpg 
Views:	567 
Size:	134.3 KB 
ID:	82414  
    Last edited by gabe; 07-22-2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: add picture
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good news Gabe.
    We still need another port at the bottom of the MCRES. It would work great for temp sensor or change the outlet position.
    I use the MCRES for some months now, the only downside I have to say is that it is impossible to be cleaned properly inside.
    My Lian Li G70
    Asus P6X58D-E * i7-930 * Saphire 7970 * 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 C7 * Crucial M4 256GB SSD * Lian Li G70W Powdercoated
    Watercooled by single loop Coolgate Quad 120 + Swiftech MCR220 with San Aces H1011 * EK Supreme HF * Koolance VID-AR797 * EK Asus X58 full set * DDC 3.25 with EK Dual Top/Res

Gabe, you are releasing some good stuff.

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    Gabe, you are releasing some good stuff.
    thanks! but we are not done yet.. more coming in the upcoming weeks..
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by leo_bsb View Post
    Good news Gabe.
    We still need another port at the bottom of the MCRES. It would work great for temp sensor or change the outlet position.
    I use the MCRES for some months now, the only downside I have to say is that it is impossible to be cleaned properly inside.
    that's not an easy one to solve unfortunately from a mechanical standpoint. have you tried pinesol + distilled water? it removes gunk quite well..
    CEO Swiftech

Hamster Powered
    Quote Originally Posted by leo_bsb View Post
    Good news Gabe.
    This is the only thing my four Micro-Res are missing to make them perfect.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    that's not an easy one to solve unfortunately from a mechanical standpoint. have you tried pinesol + distilled water? it removes gunk quite well..
    I will try to find a similar product in Brazil and to try.
    Regarding the secondary outlet, please think about it
    My Lian Li G70
    Asus P6X58D-E * i7-930 * Saphire 7970 * 6GB Corsair XMS3 1600 C7 * Crucial M4 256GB SSD * Lian Li G70W Powdercoated
    Watercooled by single loop Coolgate Quad 120 + Swiftech MCR220 with San Aces H1011 * EK Supreme HF * Koolance VID-AR797 * EK Asus X58 full set * DDC 3.25 with EK Dual Top/Res

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I like my 4" PVC testing resevoir. It's ugly as all will get, but it'll bleed out a system almost instantly and houses aquarium heaters nicely...

Last edited by Martinm210; 07-22-2008 at 08:38 PM.

Wow great news gabe, I'm planning on ditching my tube reservoirs for Swiftech Micro-Res. The only problem is that there isn't a port on the bottom that there isn't a port on the bottom, that will truly make this a great reservoir.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Im part of the make your own crowd.

Question

@ Gabe,
    Please most of us have micro res with cracks and i hope the quality of the new res will be looked into.
    Do you have any explanination to these crack, like what can be the cause and how to prevent them?
    One extra port under the res will make it unbeatable
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Slide1.JPG 
Views:	483 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	82434  

MAIN RIG--:
    ASUS ROG Strix XG32VQ---:AMD Ryzen 7 5800X--Aquacomputer Cuplex Kryos NEXT--:ASUS Crosshair VIII HERO---
    32GB G-Skill AEGIS F4-3000C16S-8GISB --:MSI RADEON RX 6900 XT---:X-Fi Titanium HD modded
    Inter-Tech Coba Nitrox Nobility CN-800 NS 800W 80+ Silver--:Cyborg RAT 8--:Creative Sound BlasterX Vanguard K08

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mankz_91 View Post
    Im part of the make your own crowd.
    That's gorgeous and a great idea. Any chance you could explain how you did that? Looks to me like 3 sheets of acrylic sandwiched together. First sheet has the holes for the fittings, second sheet has the channels for the fluid, and third sheet has the etchings and holes for LEDs. I'm assuming that that's being mounted as the window on your case.

Xtreme Addict
    I just got 2 EK for my next dual loop. However, if a new mcres comes with an additional G1/4 for a sensor + top fill port tapped at G1/4 to accomodate usual fill ports, I'll buy two without even installing EK
    Q6600 G0 L740B126 Lapped, 2x1Gb Kingston HyperX DDR2-1200
    Gigabyte 8800 GTS 512Mb OC 756-1890-1000
    TT Toughpower 750 W (W0116) new 8xPCI-E Rev.
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400 AAKS rocks
    WC: Swiftech H2O-Apex Ultra 220 GT + PA120.3 5v
    OCZ XTC RAM Cooler, HR-05 IFX + 80mm FAN (NB), 2x HR-09U type 2 (mosfets), Modded Zalman ZM NB-47J (SB), Arctic-Cooling MX-2
    Vista 32 bits
    ------------
    - ASUS P5K Premium bios 0612: (3.84GHz 8x480) @1.432v

------------
    - P5B Deluxe: 3.60GHz (9x400) @1.33v *** Old Setup (P5B deluxe)

OCCT 2.x Final Download

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you guys are looking for something like the Aquatube but made aof acrylic, Watercool makes something like that:
    http://www.pc-cooling.de/Wasserkuehl...eh%E4lter.html
    There's also mounting plate for it:
    http://www.pc-cooling.de/Wasserkuehl...%FCr+AB-G.html

I got some acrylic stuff from watercool and I must say the quality is great, couldn't expect more.

Xtreme Addict
    Gabe, why not just get your res top tapped g1/4" so it is more "universal"?
    "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times challenge and controversy."
    Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

DIY: Self Clinching Nuts

Canon EOS 7D | Tokina 12-24mm f/4 | Canon EF 24-105 f/4 L | Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8 L IS Mk II | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4 L | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6 L | Canon EF 100-400mm f/4-5.6 L

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiGfever View Post
    This is the only thing my four Micro-Res are missing to make them perfect.
    QFT!
    Gabe, put me down for one of each when available.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by orclev View Post
    That's gorgeous and a great idea. Any chance you could explain how you did that? Looks to me like 3 sheets of acrylic sandwiched together. First sheet has the holes for the fittings, second sheet has the channels for the fluid, and third sheet has the etchings and holes for LEDs. I'm assuming that that's being mounted as the window on your case.
    Basically. Its 3 sheets of 10mm acrylic. The rear sheet has 3xG1/4" threads, with the top one being used as a fillport, the smaller outer holes are tapped to M5 to hold it all together. The middle sheet is cut with a laser and etched with sponsors logos, while the outer sheet is to keep the water in

In the end product, the lighting is suplied by 4" and 8" CCFl's.

For more, have a look at the link to my project in my Sig.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggy View Post
    Zaskar, that was like the copper variant only a limited edition. You can't buy it anymore. That thing was sold out on the same day.
    yeah, hard to understand, like other posters said, I reacted the same when I read your post: being aware that most people prefer no alu in their loops, why didn't you produce this res, in its copper version, on a regular basis? too expensive to produce?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos4 View Post
    yeah, hard to understand, like other posters said, I reacted the same when I read your post: being aware that most people prefer no alu in their loops, why didn't you produce this res, in its copper version, on a regular basis? too expensive to produce?
    or atleast the Plexi one, which also was said to have sold out on the first day. That unlike copper cant cost more to make then aluminum can it?

Xtreme Addict
    for the copper version...the problem is that AC members are persuaded that mixing alu and other metals is not an issue...they said it in a thread here, and they already said it @ [Hard]forum...and it sounds like many customers in Germany follow this idea...so they have no problem with their customers there. Too bad as there's more than Germany to the WC market guys! Using anti-corrosion might work, using alu in res is not as bad as in rads but honestly, copper is such a nicer material, and a better performer as well...and AC can't deny that themselves, they wouldn't have made this limited edition if they thought differently

edit: I read a thread started by Saaya this afternoon, a very good thread by the way, that could in fact
    confuse many of us regarding the mixing of metals in loops:
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=195880
    Last edited by Logos; 07-23-2008 at 12:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    The raw bar stock for the plexi aquatubes is rape. The back side, not the front.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Alphacool makes a res that's similar to the Aquatube. Never mind the anodized AL stuff, they do have one that's POM. Not as sexy as the Aquatube, but the same idea. It's called something like Alphacool Bullseye.

For looks and ease of bleeding and cleaning I'd go with EK as well. The new Koolance res looks nice and feels solid (I have the 80mm version), but cannot be opened and cleaned.

I made my res a while back, holds heaps of water, years later still no leaks, easy to fill and bleed, can monitor temps.

Last edited by Mycobacteria; 07-23-2008 at 09:26 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to announce the following accessories coming up within days for the MCRes Micro: new 1/2" barb adapter (chrome plated brass)for the PG7 fill-port, to be coupled with new remote fill-port (chrome plated brass)to install at top of case or as needed.
    Gabe, if you could produce a smoked res in that shade or maybe a bit darker, you have another hit on your hands. I for 1 would get at least 2 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibbler View Post
    Alphacool makes a res that's similar to the Aquatube. Never mind the anodized AL stuff, they do have one that's POM. Not as sexy as the Aquatube, but the same idea. It's called something like Alphacool Bullseye.
    I have one and let me tell you, it's not that great. The threads stripped out on mine and I had to install SS Helicoils to be able to use it. On top of that, it very small (despite being oversized) and noisy...I had to fill it up completely to get it to shut up, which is not why I bought it. I wanted to be able to use it as visual confirmation that the pump was running.
    Last edited by Waterlogged; 07-24-2008 at 12:15 AM.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast