Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: ASUS Rampage Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6 View Post
    if your using 0404 BIOS then that is it, go back to 0403. if not, then i don't know.
    Thx!!!you are right!its ok now!
    CPU: Intel Core2 Extreme QX9650.
    MB: ASUS Rampage Extreme.
    Cooling: Thermalright True Black 120.
    RAM: Super ☆ Talent DDR3 1800Mhz 1Gb x2.
    PSU: Tagan TG1300-BZ.
    Case: Casetek CK1022-6.
    LCD: DELL 2408WFP.

Xtreme Member
    thx@all

another question :
    i have my sistem working on a benching table and yesterday i was trying to resolve a problem with some cables and i touched the rear of my motherboard causing the sistem reset, i tryed to touch pcb andmove it casusing another reset.. can be a ground problem ? i have the motherboard on the benching table without all support for the motherboardand maybe if someone is miss can cause that ??

or can be ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rob2k View Post
    The Super Talent Project X looks competitive on paper but really need feedback from experiences on this board as don't want to have to buy a third set !!!.
    Not sure if you were still deciding, but I got 2 retail kits of ProjectX (the 7-6-6-x 1600Mhz and the 7-7-7-x 1800Mhz). Both are D9GTR and both have overclocked really well. I recommend them to anyone! the 1600mhz kit can hit @ 2.05v - 917MHz 7-6-6-18 1T (P1 & P2 enabled on the 790i), but CAS8 clocks really dont impress. The 1800Mhz kit can do @ 2.05v - 963Mhz 7-7-6-18 1T, or @2.075v - 1040Mhz 8-8-7-21 1T.

Stability for me is 32M, not prime95 or anything...

It looks .. so pretty. O-o ...

I need me one of those. (Nice results by the way mate.)
    Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 4.25G 24/7
    EVGA GeForce GTX 280
    EVGA nForce 790i FTW (THANKS VINCE!!)
    CoolerMaster Stacket 830 SE
    ULTRA ChillTEC
    OCZ SLI-Ready DDR3 2000mhz EPP 2.0
    Saitek Eclipse II
    Razer Deathadder
    Sceptre 24in

Xtreme Member
    i have an 8600 with this board.

i have core 0 and core 1.

which is the setting CPU GTL for the cpu 1 ? (its the second core )

Xtreme Addict
    hey guys,

just got the board, and it powers off randomly.. took a look at the bios.

checked temp settings and found out that the NB was at 75C in bios.. the heatsink is not even hot at all, anybody with same problem..?

flashed til 0301 now, same ...

Xtreme Enthusiast

Me Too!!

Quote Originally Posted by aerie View Post
    thx@all

another question :
    i have my sistem working on a benching table and yesterday i was trying to resolve a problem with some cables and i touched the rear of my motherboard causing the sistem reset, i tryed to touch pcb andmove it casusing another reset.. can be a ground problem ? i have the motherboard on the benching table without all support for the motherboardand maybe if someone is miss can cause that ??

or can be ?
    @aerie; I also had this happen, but it just went into an endless reboot cycle. I have it open on my desk for benching and was placing some fans when it just went bananas. Only way I could get it back was to pull the battery, have dinner + a couple slurps. Now I'm back in. Don't know what the heck happened.

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

Xtreme Member
    now I am a little scared successive post with problems with the Rampage Extreme I already have the motherboard just waiting for the other parts to arrive

just want to ask does anybody know what DDR3 Kits over@locker886 is using? I know its a Micron D9JNM chip but what brand? i know you need a little luck to get DDR3 modules that good but just want to ask

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=195122
    Last edited by @@@@; 08-29-2008 at 09:13 PM.
    In progress......

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Expat GriZ View Post
    @aerie; I also had this happen, but it just went into an endless reboot cycle. I have it open on my desk for benching and was placing some fans when it just went bananas. Only way I could get it back was to pull the battery, have dinner + a couple slurps. Now I'm back in. Don't know what the heck happened.
    now i have placed correctly all skrews and seems to be ok .

what u mean with bananas ?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Guys.. the thread OP had not had more time with this board, so we had moved to another thread to discuss the Rampage Extreme. Most of the information can be found between this thread and the following through the link:

Quote Originally Posted by eternal_fantasy View Post
    Hay ladies and gentleman of this thread, please make your way to 3oh6's "Live MB OC Report :: ASUS Rampage Extreme", so we can keep all our info together for the Rampage Extreme motherboard.

Will be a huge asset for us with such knowledgeable guy as 3oh6, and the Intel page seems very much more alive then the review page

Anyway HEAD OVER THERE NOW!!!!

All follow up posts will be on that thread---

EF

Quote Originally Posted by creidiki View Post
    We are a band of fearless modern-day alchemists who, for fun, run solutions through sophisticated, if overpriced, separator setups, and then complain when we succeed in separating said solution.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Bananas!!

Quote Originally Posted by aerie View Post
    now i have placed correctly all skrews and seems to be ok .

what u mean with bananas ?
    @aerie; Glad to hear that you got it sorted. "Bananas" is slang for "it went crazy" or "nuts"

More & more very expensive, quickly obsolete parts!!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    hey guys,

just got the board, and it powers off randomly.. took a look at the bios.

checked temp settings and found out that the NB was at 75C in bios.. the heatsink is not even hot at all, anybody with same problem..?

flashed til 0301 now, same ...

Seems bad contact between NB and heatpipe mate, no bios will solve that, only one thing to do : pop it off and verify the TIM and replace with new one... I always use Arctic ceramique on the chipsets...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    Pull the powercord?

I've had little time to test this board further recently
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly_K View Post
    does anyone else's rampage extreme ROG light and start button flash on and off when your shutdown ?

Mine doesn...just wondered if it's normal. My striker II extreme ROG light stayed on all the time.
    Maybe its related, but I had the light behind the confirm button go out and stay out when the others were on. I guessed it was a faulty switch (although the switch still worked fine) I then did a clear CMOS (button on the backplate) and it came back on and has stayed working. Maybe it was coincidence, but its odd it came back after a clear CMOS.

You can stop the ROG logo flashing when its off using the BIOS (404) setting Advanced/LCD Poster+LED Control/ROG Logo

Xtreme Member

THIS IS MY PROBLEM OF RESET,
    i have my system mounted on a benching table and i found that if i touch with my finger those 2 contact the sistem RESET. not always but if i touch those sometimes it Reset, i have tryed 4-5 times and after 2-3 touch sistem reset!!

what can be ??

Xtreme Member
    quite nice review elmor ...

SILVERSTONE TJ07 . ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME . INTEL C2D E8600@ Q822A435 . 6GB CELLSHOCK PC3 15000 . EVGA GTX 285 . WD VELOCIRAPTOR 300HLFS . WD AAKS 640GB ''RAID0 . CORSAIR HX 1000W . X-Fi FATAL1TY TITANIUM . LOGITECH WAVE . G9 LASER . Z5500 . DELL ULTRASHARP 2047WFP
    Aquaero VFD . Enzotech revA . Laing DDC 12v . Black Ice GTS-Lite 360 . Swiftech Mcres Micro . 3/8"
    By MrHydes®

sales
    feedback Techzone

Xtreme Member
    any new on the LLC issue?
    with 0501 and a E8600 i cant give more than 1.80000V in bios without issues with LLC enabled..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    someone know vmem read on this mb?

Xtreme Member

SILVERSTONE TJ07 . ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME . INTEL C2D E8600@ Q822A435 . 6GB CELLSHOCK PC3 15000 . EVGA GTX 285 . WD VELOCIRAPTOR 300HLFS . WD AAKS 640GB ''RAID0 . CORSAIR HX 1000W . X-Fi FATAL1TY TITANIUM . LOGITECH WAVE . G9 LASER . Z5500 . DELL ULTRASHARP 2047WFP
    Aquaero VFD . Enzotech revA . Laing DDC 12v . Black Ice GTS-Lite 360 . Swiftech Mcres Micro . 3/8"
    By MrHydes®

sales
    feedback Techzone

Xtreme Member

Exclamation Interested In Rampage Extreme!

I am very interested in a DDR3 based x48 ASUS. I am looking at either this or the P5E64-WS Workstation version. What can you guys say inpraise of this compared to the P5E3 or WS versions? I plan to OC a Q9550 and OC'd DDR1800, and later mess w/ DDR2000. Can I get a quick recap on teh pros and cons of this mobo?

Thanx in advance!
    4.250GHz (1.331v) @ 212 x 21 @ 2:8 DDR1600 @ 6-7-6-18 (1.657) ASUS RAMPAGE EXTRENE w/ Q6600 @ 3.8Ghz daily

ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME, X58 w/ ICH10R
    Intel Core i7 930, rev. DO, batch #3951A824
    Mushkin Redline 998691 PC3-12800
    ASUS ENGTX460 GTX-460 DirectCu 1G
    Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty Champion
    SilverStone Strider ST80F 800W Quad 12v
    WD Raptor 74GB, 10K x4
    Danger Dan WaterBox Plus
    Windows 7 Enterprise x64
    Swiftech Apogee XT Copper Top w/ AS#5 (lapped to CPU)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567