Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [Worklog] sNiPeRbOb's BIG, KOOL, BLACK and BLUE (Formerly Koolance Rebuild)

Great Build Keep it up

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperbob View Post
    ya... My dad's originally from Brooklyn so... I was forced into it

and yes.... that is Alienware... He won that computer for free in some contest. It has a 790i board with a 9600gt. I'd call him out on buying a rip-off, but technically he didn't spend a dime on it yet so... :shrugs:
    Haha, alrighty. Are you almost done with this build?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    getting there... Did all my cable sleeving today! uploading pics on photobucket as i post this... Still looking for funding for a FC block for my 9800GTX+ so I can run it under water.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    So...
    UDPATE TIME! 1/4/2009

Finally decided that enough was enough and that I should probably make use of the 2 cable sleeving kits I had lying around from about half a month ago. I purchased 2 OKGear Wire sleeving kits from PTS and then bought seperate 4" black zip-ties as well as some 3/8 and 1/2 2-to-1 Heatshrink at the local Home Depot.

Here are the "tools" I used

Needle used for tying Flies (fishing lures)

Handy Dandy Thumbtack (used for removing 4-pin molex pins)

Bic Lighter (gotta shrink the heatshrink with something right???)

Did my cathodes first:

Then the 92mm fan above the PSU:

Then moved on to some lovely 4-pin molex:

Sleeved the MCP-655 Power lead:

Documentation of the point where i started to feel a litttle overwhelmed

Finished It all off on the PSU side of the wiring by using 1" 2-to-1 heatshrink to group the molex/4-pin mobo wires and the sata/6-pin wires

Then the fun task of re-running all the wire (my brother stole the camera, so there I am...)

Waiting to put the graphics and sound card back in. Decided to play around with some lighting.

Graphics card back in it's home (waiting on some proper sized heatshrink for the 6-pin connectors)

Thats IT for tonight... Hope you enjoyed my little update. Closer and closer we get to being finished. Still some ideas I am throwing around though for this. When is a project ever really done around here anyways???

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sniperbob View Post
    ya... My dad's originally from Brooklyn so... I was forced into it

and yes.... that is Alienware... He won that computer for free in some contest. It has a 790i board with a 9600gt. I'd call him out on buying a rip-off, but technically he didn't spend a dime on it yet so... :shrugs:
    Great place to live...Go Yanks!

Oh yeah, and nice build. Coming along very nicely.

heat
    TJ07-Ultra 1200W-E8400-Rampage Formula-4870-4gb G.skill-74gb Raptor-500gb Seagate-Windows 7

Apogee GTZ-XSPC Razor-DDC3.2 w/ XSPC top-PA120.3-MCR220-EK 250 res

Xtreme Member
    Awesome stuff cant wait to see more good job with the sleeving man

lol, Why that 9800 GTX heatsink is inverted?
    Sorry for my bad english, its not my native language and my only friend is wordreference.com

E8500 4.2 Ghz // Rampage Extreme // BFG GTX 260 OCX Maxcore // 2Gb Patriot Viper 1970 Mhz CL9 // Samsung Spinpoint 400 Gb // X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty // Enermax Galaxy DXX 1Kw // Lian Li PC-V2110b // MurderMod Sleeving // Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

Ybris A.C.S. Black // EK-FC280 GTX SLI Nickel/Acetal // Bitspower WBAIX48NSE-B // Thermalright HR-09 S&U // EK Multioption 250 // MCP655 & EK D5 X-TOP V2 // BI GTX 360 // Primochill LRT 1/2" x 3/4" // BP Barbs // Distilled + silver

Logitech G9 // Steelpad SX // Sennheiser HD 555 // Steelkeys 6G

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghornN View Post
    lol, Why that 9800 GTX heatsink is inverted?
    It's a PNY 9800GTX+ and the stock heatsink is designed to dump the heat inside the case.... I don't really approve of it, but it just means that I guess I'm going to have to replace it with a FC waterblock hehe

(o.O)
    looks good man, keep it up! Also, I'm from Brooklyn originally too so I approve of that in MA

give me a call next time you're having one of those LAN parties, I'm not too far
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield @ 3.2GHz | Asus P5Q Deluxe mobo | 2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) | Sapphire 4870x2 | Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM | Intel 120GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM | Hitachi 2TB 7200 RPM | PCP&C 750W Power Supply |Cooler Master HAF932 | Windows 7 64-bit | Dell ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Join Us in the XS World Community Grid Forum & Help Fight Cancer and Other Diseases

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    looks good man, keep it up! Also, I'm from Brooklyn originally too so I approve of that in MA

give me a call next time you're having one of those LAN parties, I'm not too far
    I'm not sure when we'll be having another LAN, but I will let you know!

Xtreme Member
    nice sleeving job there bro.

happy new year btw... :p
    Last edited by bianco; 01-06-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by bianco View Post
    nice sleeving job there bro.

happy new year btw... :p
    Hey bro! THANKS for the compliment! I love how rewarding PC work can be.

and oh ya... Happy New Year to you too!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    so, not much to report on the rig... still waiting for heatshrink to truly finish it up... Also throwing around a couple of ideas on cathode colors, like using white for inside the case, with the blue cathode for the front grille.

Instead of continuing on my PC watercooling venture this weekend, I decided to watercool something new: a GBR cichlid! (see pic)

I've had a 10 Gallon Freshwater tropical aquarium for a couple of years now, and it was starting to look like my 5 serpae tetras and 5 head & Taillight tetras needed some company (or someone to rule over them. Ever since I started the tank I wanted a German Blue Ram Cichlid. Beautiful fish with tons of color. If you don't believe me then google it, it puts all the UV tubing and LED fans to shame.

BACK ON TOPIC: I should have some more to post in the near future as funds become available again. I go back up to school sunday and start working again shortly after. I NEED MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Decided to set up shop for a little on my parent's SONY 40" LCD HDTV, so that's where I'm typing this from.

Got bored this morning, and although I do not have a fancy professional photo room (like SNiipE the Photography/mod god does) I figured I'd see what I could make with the resources I had.
    One black sheet, three small halogen lamps, and an Olympus Stylus 850SW with tripod later...

1/10/09
    PICS!!!
    We'll start from the outside and make our way to the full-body shot

Let me know if you like what you see! I know it's not MDPC quality, but it looks good enough for me, and it performs beautifully.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Lookin great man your far too kind in describing me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    Lookin great man your far too kind in describing me
    well, i am humbled by the awesome builds here, yours included. Thanks for checking it out!

Xtreme Member
    It's looking allready much better than when you started it !

the microres is looking funny when not hanging straight
    Duality: Q9550 - P5Q Deluxe - 8GB OCZ - HD5850 - 4,64TB WD - HX650 - X-fi - Aquaero 4 - Lian Li V1000b II Plus @Dual loops watercooling

Loop 1 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - EK Supreme HF - EK FC5850 - PA120.3 - Multires 150
    Loop 2 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - PA120.1 - MIPS mosfet 1&2 - mips NB - Mips Ramfreezer 4 - MIPS SB - Multires 150

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli4v View Post
    It's looking allready much better than when you started it !

the microres is looking funny when not hanging straight
    I love watching the build evolve in front of me! And yes, I do need to figure out some way to mount the micro res so that it sits flush on the front of the case. It does look a bit odd...

UPDATE: 1/12/2009

TOOL TIME!!

So today is the start of my last semester as an Automotive Technology major, as I will be graduating this spring. It just so happens that two of my classes "required" me to have some tools that should come in handy for many other non-auto related projects hehe.

Here they are:

Pro-50 Butane Soldering Iron with 4 tips:

Fowler Digital Caliper (measures in inches and mm's):

Also, had to share this picture. I was messing around with the camera in the dorm room, and found this after browsing them on my PC.

...My roommates Homer Simpson poster decided to make a small cameo

Xtreme Enthusiast
    just got out of my Manufacturing Processes Lab, and I GET TO PLAY AROUND WITH MILLS AND LATHES!!! Should be fun, maybe I can talk my prof. into some custom pieces...

Xtreme Member
    Sick dude!
    Reserved for unimportant things.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow, it's really looking great. Keep it up. Any chances of snapping some pics from the shop?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by headala View Post
    Wow, it's really looking great. Keep it up. Any chances of snapping some pics from the shop?
    I will see If i can get in there after lab next wednesday and snap some pics for you guys. They have a small handful of lathes and mills, as well as a couple band-saws, breaks, a tube bender, and the list goes on and on. In the lab across the hall there is a room filled with CNC machines, where the Mech Eng. students cut designs out of bathroom stall plastic divider material that they have named "stall poly"

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Took some more shots for you guys

custom acrylic mirror (in black)

Misc shots

I also thought of an interesting idea. My MCP-655 is the variable version with speed knob on the bottom. My idea is to drill a small hole into the plastic and thread a thumbscrew into the knob, allowing for easy adjustment of the speed without having to find a tiny flathead screwdriver to squeeze behind the pump. any thoughts? good idea? bad idea?

Xtreme Member
    That koolance CPU block is surprisingly good looking.
    Current Worklog: vDarkness Previous Projects: X360:V1 * X360:V2

Xtreme Member
    I saw Homer ^^, good lookin' pics
    Duality: Q9550 - P5Q Deluxe - 8GB OCZ - HD5850 - 4,64TB WD - HX650 - X-fi - Aquaero 4 - Lian Li V1000b II Plus @Dual loops watercooling

Loop 1 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - EK Supreme HF - EK FC5850 - PA120.3 - Multires 150
    Loop 2 => DDC18w w/ EK X-top V2 - PA120.1 - MIPS mosfet 1&2 - mips NB - Mips Ramfreezer 4 - MIPS SB - Multires 150

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast