Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why is there NO 7/16 UV Tubing

Xtreme Addict

Thumbs down Why is there NO 7/16 UV Tubing

How is it that out of all the manufacturers, nobody had come out with this version?

Or does someone know a NA retailer that has them? cause Sidewinder, Jab-tech, PTS, NCIX don't have anything.

I don't want UV dye cause you people here taught me that Distilled+Nuke is the way to go but.. I want some UV in there. Grrr

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    I've made the same complaint...
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Xtreme Addict
    Is there anyone here that can do something about this?

Seems like you'd have quite a monopoly since you'd have no competition.

Banned
    The problem is with the manufacturers, not retailers...

Xtreme Addict
    I know. I was wondering if anyone had contacts/worked inside a place that could make such a product.

I realize its not as easy to make as metal blocks but... think of the market share!

I am Xtreme-ly Unemployed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojamijams View Post
    but... think of the market share!
    That's the whole problem... This is such a tiny, pipsqueak of a market when compared to other users of flexible tubing products (industrial, medical, automotive, scientific, etc.) that none of the major manufacturers, like Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics, are going to bother. Unless, of course, someone is willing to pony up for a bajillion feet of tubing...

7/16" ID, 5/8" OD is a bit of an odd size.
    I'm doing science and I'm still alive...

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    ahhhh common , we could put together an order for at least 101 feet..
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Addict
    Well all the people who make 1/2" UV tubing (I don't know who Feser gets to make it for them) should realize the popularity of 7/16" tubing, and just make that instead. Or maybe not instead, but just slightly increase their product selection. I can't see it causing them to make a new industrial line in a factory, just slightly smaller ID and OD.

Believe me, I'd love to have some 7/16" ID 5/8" OD UV green tubing like feser's tubing. The UV dye just keeps fading after a while and needs cleaned out every so often. the UV green water in clear tubes and the clear res DOES look a bit cooler really since the res glows as well, but UV tubing would just make it that much simpler.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I agree. I never realised how much I like 7/16" ID until I started using 1/2" ID in my test rigs. I never had a leak before with my standard 7/16", now I've had several in my testing rigs with 1/2", good thing they are not in my system.

Using 7/16"ID tubing is probably the single most effective way at protecting yourself from the consequences of a leaking system, that and using good oversized barbs will almost completely eliminate the chance.

I'm really liking the UV reactivity of the UV tubing over dye, if it came in 7/16" ID, I'd be willing to pay a premium for it.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I don't know about the other retailers but 7/16 does NOT outsell 1/2" for me. XS and the wisdoms that are common here (whether they are misguided or not isn't for me to judge) represent a VERY small portion of even the water cooling market, which is very small compared to the enthusiast computer market, which is very small compared to the computer market in general. We're talking about a small portion of a small portion of a small portion... Very few (if any) manufacturers would produce a product based on XS unless it's something that can be machined onesie twosie like a delrin or copper part etc.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Maybe they should start making 9/16" OD fittings for 1/2" tubing :P
    [ Lian-Li V1000B // EP45-UD3P // E8400 // HD4870 ]
    [ W/C by EK, MIPS, D-tek, Bitspower, Swiftech, XSPC]
    [ Project LucentTide - WORKLOG! ]

Xtreme Addict
    QUick question on something I'm not sure on, 7/16" ID tubing would work on the 1/2" fittings in my loop?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMojoZ View Post
    QUick question on something I'm not sure on, 7/16" ID tubing would work on the 1/2" fittings in my loop?
    Yes, you can also get 3/8" tubing on 1/2" fittings. That's a big part of why it works so well in minimizing the chance of leaks. I would never use 3/8" fittings, but that's just me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    Yes, you can also get 3/8" tubing on 1/2" fittings. That's a big part of why it works so well in minimizing the chance of leaks. I would never use 3/8" fittings, but that's just me.
    Ive tried the 3/8s on 1/2 barbs. Be prepared to skin your knuckles
    [ Lian-Li V1000B // EP45-UD3P // E8400 // HD4870 ]
    [ W/C by EK, MIPS, D-tek, Bitspower, Swiftech, XSPC]
    [ Project LucentTide - WORKLOG! ]

Quote Originally Posted by lyl View Post
    Ive tried the 3/8s on 1/2 barbs. Be prepared to skin your knuckles
    Use a lot of hot air to soften the tubing. A politician is useful in this application
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Maybe if Bitspower or Koolance made compression fittings for it, then it might sell better

Thats my main problem with 7/16" tubing, I like compression fittings.

Xtreme Addict
    It is just too hard for me to justify anything more than what the 7/16" that Petra's sells costs... ima cheapskate.
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskar View Post
    Maybe if Bitspower or Koolance made compression fittings for it, then it might sell better

Thats my main problem with 7/16" tubing, I like compression fittings.
    http://www.dangerden.com/store/produ...&cat=34&page=1
    Won't this work?

N/M I found this link
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...F2%22+5%2F8%22
    Seems some Koolance compression fittings work.
    Last edited by Justintoxicated; 07-14-2008 at 11:07 PM.
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm the 9/16 OD fittings is actually a cheaper alternative I suppose. Though it probably would be an issue on some CPU blocks.

So 3/8" tubing CAN fit on 1/2" barbs? Maybe thats the solution then.. not the best but.. only one I suppose if you want UV tubing.

Banned
    Add those lovely 7/16" barbs for the 3/8" tubing lovers like me. I guess it's easier to build slighty oversized barbs than to make specific sized tubing (this involve heavy machinery modification, thus requiring thousands of feets to rentabilize).

Xtreme Addict
    I've done a LOT of 3/8 on 1/2, but now I pretty much just use 3/8 all around. Makes it easier to deal with considering some of the tolerances in my case.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    I've done a LOT of 3/8 on 1/2, but now I pretty much just use 3/8 all around. Makes it easier to deal with considering some of the tolerances in my case.
    You don't find its more leak prone with 3/8 tubing on 3/8 barbs?

Martin was saying 1/2 tubing on 1/2 barbs gave him more leaks then a tighter fitting 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs

Xtreme Addict
    Hmm the 9/16 OD fittings is actually a cheaper alternative I suppose. Though it probably would be an issue on some CPU blocks.

So 3/8" tubing CAN fit on 1/2" barbs? Maybe thats the solution then.. not the best but.. only one I suppose if you want UV tubing.
    Why not get the compression fittings for 3/8" tubing? They shouldn't leak at all.

You don't find its more leak prone with 3/8 tubing on 3/8 barbs?

Martin was saying 1/2 tubing on 1/2 barbs gave him more leaks then a tighter fitting 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs
    Well maybe if your not a fan of hose clamps :P But if their all properly clamped none should leak, but things don't always go perfectly/as planned ofcourse.

Banned
    I do use 3/8" tygon R-3400 on D-Tek 3/8" barbs with 75% not clamped at all. No leak However, to pull that feat, you must use thick walled (1/8" thick) because thin ones cannot hold without being clamped.

I only clamp on some important parts like reservoir, cpu and pump.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast