Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why is there NO 7/16 UV Tubing

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinm210 View Post
    No, that's the diameter difference. The wall thicknes would be half that or the difference in radius (3/8"-1/4").
    Duh.. radius vs diameter. Should've known better. Thanks Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    WOW! I would have never expected such crappy advice from Aquatuning. Using any other size than what the fitting is specified for is begging for trouble. If you stick 7/16" over a 1/2" barb, what happens?....it expands, meaning the O.D. is no longer 5/8", It's also not 3/4" meaning your risking either cutting the tube or a leak depending on the fitting your using.
    Um. Many people here use 7/16" tubing over 1/2" barbs. I'm one of them. It allows for a very tight seal (especially on the Dtek 1/2" barbs with the huge lip!) and is less prone to leaks. Now you can't use 7/16" tubing on 1/2" compression fittings, the wall thickness is slightly thinner so it doesn't work, as martin mentioned.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Um. Many people here use 7/16" tubing over 1/2" barbs. I'm one of them. It allows for a very tight seal (especially on the Dtek 1/2" barbs with the huge lip!) and is less prone to leaks. Now you can't use 7/16" tubing on 1/2" compression fittings, the wall thickness is slightly thinner so it doesn't work, as martin mentioned.
    I have no problem with ppl stretching 7/16" over standard barbs Sparky, I do however have a massive problem with ppl doing the same on compressions, which is where my rant was aimed. It seems Aquatuning is saying that it's OK to do so if you follow those links.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    WOW! I would have never expected such crappy advice from Aquatuning. Using any other size than what the fitting is specified for is begging for trouble. If you stick 7/16" over a 1/2" barb, what happens?....it expands, meaning the O.D. is no longer 5/8", It's also not 3/4" meaning your risking either cutting the tube or a leak depending on the fitting your using.
    I think the compression fitting that they claim to fit on 7/16" there is BP 1/2"IDx5/8"OD rated for that kind of tubing with wall thickness 1/16 inch (1.6 mm). >> Tygon spec.
    7/16" tubing have wall thickness of 3/32 inch (2.38 mm).

So I thought there will be a problem in either closing down those outer compression part or there will be just a very snug fit since the ID of 7/16" tubing is a little bit smaller and it will expand over the inner barbs

Then again probably Vincent have a better answer of that.

I have no problem with ppl stretching 7/16" over standard barbs Sparky, I do however have a massive problem with ppl doing the same on compressions, which is where my rant was aimed. It seems Aquatuning is saying that it's OK to do so if you follow those links.
    Ah OK I misunderstood. Yes, 7/16 on 1/2 compressions does not work from what martin's testing showed.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Compression fittings and 7/16 tubing? eh?
    I thought using 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs negates the need for clamp which negates the need for compression fittings in first place!

Oh wait, bling

Quote Originally Posted by majestik View Post
    Compression fittings and 7/16 tubing? eh?
    I thought using 7/16 tubing on 1/2 barbs negates the need for clamp which negates the need for compression fittings in first place!

Oh wait, bling
    I still use clamps. No way will I ever use tubing without clamps. 1/2" EK barbs for example, the 7/16" tubing still goes on and off relatively easily. 1/2" Dtek barbs, well, it is extremely hard to get off but I still have wormdrives on there.

Function/safety 1st. Bling 2nd. Unless adding some bling equals like 0.5C temp difference, then depending on the type of bling I may put that ahead (like I know the UV dye decreases cooling a tiny bit but I like the glow over just plain clear). But safety #1, always.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Member
    Its in stock now here

First impressions are good the flexibility is great and tubing feels a nice high quality and is not as ridged as Masterkleer.

mini test wise I found it easier to put on a 1/2" EK barb then the Masterkleer. It also bends nicely but on tighter bends will need to be used with coils

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Pc's View Post
    Its in stock now here

First impressions are good the flexibility is great and tubing feels a nice high quality and is not as ridged as Masterkleer.

mini test wise I found it easier to put on a 1/2" EK barb then the Masterkleer. It also bends nicely but on tighter bends will need to be used with coils
    Very nice!

Now only to get it on this side of the pond.

Xtreme Member
    just add it to the basket and it will calculate it up to 2kg (about 10m) right there and then :P

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    Ah OK I misunderstood. Yes, 7/16 on 1/2 compressions does not work from what martin's testing showed.
    they don't say that you can use ANY 7/16" tubing, google translator is a POS

they clearly state that the minimal outer diameter is 15.9/16mm, , inner diameter doesn't matter as long as it isn't bigger than the fittings OD and you can still close the barb
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What about the black XPSC 7/16 tubing?

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by generics_user View Post
    they don't say that you can use ANY 7/16" tubing, google translator is a POS

they clearly state that the minimal outer diameter is 15.9/16mm, , inner diameter doesn't matter as long as it isn't bigger than the fittings OD and you can still close the barb
    Please translate this then.

Auch für Sondergrößen 15,9/11,1 Schäuche sind diese Anschlüsse sehr gut geeignet!
    ...because with Babelfish I get this

Also for special sizes 15.9/11.1 Schäuche are very well suitable these connections!
    and with another translation site I get this

also at Sondergrößen 15,9/11,1 froths are this connections very possession suitable!
    Both of which seem to say that ANY 15.9/11.1 tubing (that's 5/8"x7/16" btw) will work with those fittings....which is wrong to say. Those fittings should only be used with 16/12 or 1/2"x5/8" tubing only, anything else is asking for trouble.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Xtreme Member
    I already bugged their forum with that. :-D But got only one reply. Probably I will bugged their email later for some pictures. Anyway I am more interested in 1/2" Fatboy barbs.
    Theoretically if the tygon and the compression barb spec taken as approximation a tolerance around 0.78mm-0.95mm is needed to fit 7/16"x5/8" tubing into 1/2"x5/8" compression fittings. Dont know unless they/someone try it.

By the way the tubes already arrived :-D The colour are awesome. But it is more stiffer than other 7/16"x5/8" tubing.
    Personnally I wont bend it more than 5 inch for safety measure. Sometimes at 4 inch the tube start to get an oval shape ~.~ But no problem since cpu and nb are in different loop. The tubing are also not very sticky so no hotwater needed anymore to put the new tubing into 1/2" barbs which only can be done easily with a used 7/16" tubing.

The green and orange one have a little bit more intense colour without UV lights than in the pictures. The blue one is a little bit darker without UV lights than in the pictures.
    It just because my mediocre camera and photographic skill.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	134 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	82859

Name:	2.JPG 
Views:	136 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	82860

Name:	3.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	82861
    Last edited by Sparda; 08-01-2008 at 05:41 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Sparda, why not do the smart thing and wait for BP to release their 7/16" compressions?
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Member
    Sparda, why not do the smart thing and wait for BP to release their 7/16" compressions?
    Mehh. Like I said I not really into compression fittings. If I am really into it I already bought two of those for testing. Btw there some clearance issue with me. So I just bugged them with question.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123