Thread: BSEL mod risks?

BSEL mod risks?

Well ok me and my dad both want to do the bsel mod for our oem computers.

he has a Celeron 420 @ 1.6GHz
    I have a Pentium D 925 @ 3GHz

if I do the 800-1066 mod that should leave my pentium d at around 3.9GHz and his Celeron over 2GHz.

Have you ever heard of anybody frying the cpu or board doing the bsel mod? I've only heard of failure to post but undoing the mod fixed all.

Xtreme Cruncher
    at those speeds, you might need more voltages and if your mobo does not permit, it wont boot or be stable. what mobo is it on? never heard of bsel completely frying the chip as long as you can undo it. even if it was to fry it, that intel celery... i mean celeron... isn't worth more than a tomato in the cabinet below, so go ahead and have fun modding it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My concern is frying the mobo more so than the celery lol.

My dad bought the pc it's an Emachine that he got at black friday for $200 with a 17inch lcd monitor and printer so we could not pass that up.It has a different revision of the mobo they were selling at fry's (ECS945GCT) I've heard of people doing bsel on the Celery 420 and get it up to 3GHz before they needed voltmod so I think the celery will do fine.

I'm a little worried about my little oven (Pentium D) I've heard when the 9XX series first came out people could not BSEL mod them, just.. nothing happened and i'm looking all over but cant fnd any records of somebody successfully bsel modding a 9XX series Pentium D.

Lets say if I do get the PD to 3.9GHz do you think i"ll need to V-mod it too?