Thread: asus maximus 2 ... what ram are yall using...

Xtreme Member

Question asus maximus 2 ... what ram are yall using...

im having a hard time finding some good stable ram for this thing ... what are yall using ...

i was thinking some OCZ reapers would be my next buy to see if they worked ... yes/no?

using ocz flex ii 4gb and just recently ocz gold 4x1gb ocz gold, both sets works flawless.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i'm using some crucial ballistix tracers at stock. i heard these recent ones were crap so i haven't OC'ed it crazy yet, nor do i recommend them lol. but if you want something that just works, they work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    im lookin into the corsair dominators ... i looked on their site and they said they worked with the board ... soooo i think i may try those next .... what ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by Copenhagen69 View Post
    im having a hard time finding some good stable ram for this thing ... what are yall using ...

i was thinking some OCZ reapers would be my next buy to see if they worked ... yes/no?
    Im using Crucial Balistix 800mhz@1000 4,4,4,12 2.2v on same board and works great! If couple of mems doesn't work with your sample then i thing that u have to change board to the new one...

Xtreme Member
    ya im trying this pair and if they dont work .... then i dont know what im gonna do ... but their website says they do so i dont see why i would have a problem unless something is faulty...

Xtreme Addict
    im lookin into the corsair dominators ... i looked on their site and they said they worked with the board ... soooo i think i may try those next .... what ya think?
    You wanted 2x1Gb or 2x2Gb kit of the dominators? There is a very high chance that you won't be able to find Micron ones on sale because they now put some D9 replacement like Quimonda, Powerchip, Elpida etc.
    2x1Gb 8500C5DF are 100% D9 based.
    As for 2x2Gb kits they usually come with some Powerchip ic's but they overclock pretty well, check the bandwidth section to see.
    Last edited by mad_skills; 07-13-2008 at 10:31 PM.

Xtreme Member
    ya from what ive seen out of that thread they are saying power chips ...
    but people are gettin 550 to 575 out of them ... so thats not bad at all ... well IMO

Xtreme Addict
    ya from what ive seen out of that thread they are saying power chips ...
    but people are gettin 550 to 575 out of them ... so thats not bad at all ... well IMO
    Yy, they overclock pretty well considering what chips they gave and the density of the chips, also they don't need much voltage.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_skills View Post
    Yy, they overclock pretty well considering what chips they gave and the density of the chips, also they don't need much voltage.
    ya thats another thing i saw that i liked is that they dont need much voltage which is always a nice thing