Thread: quadcore 1333MHZ run on AsusP5NE32sli mobo?

Xtreme Member

quadcore 1333MHZ run on AsusP5NE32sli mobo?

can a quad core 1333MHZ fit the Asus P5NE32 SLI mobo? Asus spec indicates it suppose to be ready for quad core at 1333MHZ.

Has anyone test quad core 1333MHZ on this mobo? I want to get this quad core chip but I am sceptical if it will run at all.

Xtreme Member
    if im not mistaken, all P5N's are nvidia 600 chipsets, and they don't support 45nm quad cores, which are the 1333FSB ones. they should support the 65nm ones fine tho

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ap4lifetn View Post
    if im not mistaken, all P5N's are nvidia 600 chipsets, and they don't support 45nm quad cores, which are the 1333FSB ones. they should support the 65nm ones fine tho
    Asus claim on its site that the mobo supports 1333MHZ bus speed for quad core. Is Asus wrong? the company sold alot of this mobo on the market.

Xtreme Member
    well theres some truth to that, u can overclock the FSB of the q6600 to 1333 and it'll support it, but it won't support the 45nm quads because of last minute changes made by intel.

I am Xtreme
    45nm quadcore ran fine at stock on my Striker... though once you start pushing things, 400FSB+ values stability goes downhill... it will work at stock but don't expect too much of it... if you want quadcore action bundle it with a decent mobo...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree