Thread: To patch a few holes (pun intended) -- Need some help on a new setup

Xtreme Member

To patch a few holes (pun intended) -- Need some help on a new setup

I finished my loop, very hasty atm.
    Few questions, my lines are very tight and there are no leaks except for minor dripping on my reservoirs since I didn't get the adapter ( forgot to) , right now using plumber putty to prevent the leak.
    Any canadians know where to get the adapter that will fit on the rad and allow 3/8 compression fittings (bitspower branded) on them?
    Also I'm getting a lot of bubblage in my CPU loop. The loop isn't exposed to air, I have 2 dd acrylic tops with 2 reservoirs and pumps, the pumps are both sending to the reservoir first (when looking at the inlets on the pump, the right is to the radiator, the left is from the end of the loop), I'm wondering how I can fix this? The lines are TIGHT (exception of the radiators but I explained why) the thing is though for my pa120.3 that is cooling my gpu i am not getting those kinda bubbles, i'm getting less foamy ones but little bubbles in that too, could this all be from the sealing of the radiator?
    Also can someone point me to the right place for that adaptor?

Also can I volt mod my pump and up the speed? My loop is rather awkward until I get a dremel so I can cut some holes in the seperator of my v2110b case.

Specs?:
    1 TC PA120.3 (sitting horizontally and held up by ties on the top of the case, nice little stable swing type thing)
    1 TC PA120.2 (Sitting vertically since that's the only place it fit snugly)
    5 S-FLEX scythe fans
    Tygon tubing allt he way around
    Bitspower fittings used everywhere but on the rads and on the waterblock of my motherboard and the exiting barb on my SLI setup since it can't fit a compressoin fitting
    2 Acrylic DDC 3.2 Pumps and tops with everything set up correctly.

Any suggestions?> Thanks guys

Xtreme Member
    I believe most if not all compression fittings are fitted for 1/4 inch size. To use them you will need to get a reducer.

If you live in the US you can get some from Mcmaster Carr. Check the Online-Shop list in the stickies and search for reducers.

Xtreme Member
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but do you need an adapter to connect from G3/8 to G1/4 in a compression fitting?
    If so, I haven't seen any.
    This is the best Canadian site.

In Canada
    http://ncix.com

USA
    http://frozencpu.com

This site ships to Canada, pricey but with great selection.

Xtreme Member
    http://www.frozencpu.com/products/59...tl=g30c101s744

will this work to convert my compression fittings on my tubing to my TC rad? I am hoping someone here knows

I am Xtreme
    Nope, those are for their flow meter which came with 12mm threads.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Member
    So where can I find the proper adapter for TC rads that will allow me to use my compression fittings?
    Anyone?

Xtreme Member
    bump, anyone?!

G-3/8 compression fittings? Good luck. Never seen any before. Don't know of any.

I am Xtreme
    This is now the 4th time I'm saying this.

PETRA, You really need to carry those adapters from Mcmaster (#4860K657) so our mates outside the US of A can use any fitting they want with the TC rads.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

You can try the Alphacool reducers for Enheim pumps, but those need to be used with care or they can pose a leak hazard. They serve the same exact function. Performance PCs ships to Canada. Frozen CPU has those too.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    You can try the Alphacool reducers for Enheim pumps, but those need to be used with care or they can pose a leak hazard. They serve the same exact function. Performance PCs ships to Canada. Frozen CPU has those too.
    The trouble with those though is that some ppl say they have a metal ring on them that gets in the way and prevents the o-ring from even getting close to sealing. It's really hard to tell who has the right ones and who doesn't because retailers never update pics of products when they change.
    Circles SucQ!

Xtreme Addict
    you could use a analog fan controller to adjust the voltage .... sunbeam etc

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    The trouble with those though is that some ppl say they have a metal ring on them that gets in the way and prevents the o-ring from even getting close to sealing. It's really hard to tell who has the right ones and who doesn't because retailers never update pics of products when they change.
    100% agree.

Xtreme Member
    so you guys are recommending I use ghetto barbs?
    Which barbs would I use for Tygon 3/8 ID 5/8 OD?
    If you guys could give a link I'd be so grateful since i need4.

Xtreme Member
    bump?
    I need the proper o ring hex bushings for my rads still

Never go full retard
    Here are some options for G3/8 fittings

G3/8 for 1/2" ID tubing...
    Bitspower G3/8
    EK G3/8

G3/8 for 3/8" ID tubing...
    BitspowerG3/8

G3/8 to G1/4 adapters
    McMaster Item# 4860K657 (Waterlogged already told you this, yet you continue to bump the thread)
    Last edited by skinnee; 07-30-2008 at 01:57 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Bitspower is supposedly about to release an adapter from G3/8 to G1/4, once that happens it should be widely available to anyone.
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel i7 965
    Corsair Dominator 1600mhz 3x2gb
    Nvidia GTX 295