Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Apogee GTZ

Xtreme Addict
    hey, that dead horse insulted my rig. He was asking for it.

nice to see a new block from swiftech good step moving away from the alu, would love to see the results and the insides

Xtreme Addict
    I am now extremely eager to see the insides. Patience... Patience..

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

I am Xtreme
    God, i wish i hadnt bought my <insert newest block here>

These kinds of posts always crack me up. They get even better in cases like this where not a single number of the blocks performance as been released yet, like that mythical .5°C is going to help your OC by 1MHZ.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    That block looks real sexy. Love the hard mount like on the Fuzion v2.

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

Xtreme Member

Wow. That block just dropped it likes it's hot! Let's just hope the performance delivers and has low restriction.
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore
    Koolance - better than crack!

But just as good for you.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

These kinds of posts always crack me up. They get even better in cases like this where not a single number of the blocks performance as been released yet, like that mythical .5°C is going to help your OC by 1MHZ.
    True

Honestly I don't think it'll be about performance with this block. I'm betting that it'll perform similar to the supreme and fuzion, so I think the appeal will come from something other than performance. Maybe it'll be ease of use, price, brand.

Some people unhappy with the fact that they can't use 1/2" compression fittings on their fuzion may want to switch to this block.

Competition among CPU water-blocks is huge, so every detail counts.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    It was tough but I kept my mouth shut about this one.
    Heard about it a few days ago.. A little "birdie" told me..
    Now a question for you Gabe, looking at this, will it work on socket 771 like the Apogee GT's? I just see the one mount pattern or are my eyes not working properly?
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by migueld View Post
    True

Honestly I don't think it'll be about performance with this block. I'm betting that it'll perform similar to the supreme and fuzion, so I think the appeal will come from something other than performance. Maybe it'll be ease of use, price, brand.

Some people unhappy with the fact that they can't use 1/2" compression fittings on their fuzion may want to switch to this block.

Competition among CPU water-blocks is huge, so every detail counts.
    ... Gabe did say it was going to be like nothing ever before.. So i'm going to say that its going to be an internal change.
    "fightoffyourdemons"

Xtreme Addict
    On some setups, Swiftech blocks have a great advantage: low pressure drop compared to the Fuzion and most WB. On a single loop it doesn't matter, but on 3/8 ID and a multi blocks loop, getting this WB instead of others could be a good choice depending on your setup.

But, I also agree, that if you already have a good WB, no need to change now, especially if you know you're one of those Xtreme that'll get a Nehalem as soon as it is out.

Personally, I'm keeping my old Apogee GT in my current big 4 radiators project. I don't see any reason to change it. 3-5°C enhancement won't increase my current OC at all.
    Q6600 G0 L740B126 Lapped, 2x1Gb Kingston HyperX DDR2-1200
    Gigabyte 8800 GTS 512Mb OC 756-1890-1000
    TT Toughpower 750 W (W0116) new 8xPCI-E Rev.
    Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400 AAKS rocks
    WC: Swiftech H2O-Apex Ultra 220 GT + PA120.3 5v
    OCZ XTC RAM Cooler, HR-05 IFX + 80mm FAN (NB), 2x HR-09U type 2 (mosfets), Modded Zalman ZM NB-47J (SB), Arctic-Cooling MX-2
    Vista 32 bits
    ------------
    - ASUS P5K Premium bios 0612: (3.84GHz 8x480) @1.432v

------------
    - P5B Deluxe: 3.60GHz (9x400) @1.33v *** Old Setup (P5B deluxe)

OCCT 2.x Final Download

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post
    Are you serious? You look at a block.. it doesn't look sexy in your eyes... who cares about whether it performs or not, right?

All a water block is for is to look good inside a case, right?

We have no performance figures. We have no idea what's inside the block. Yet, you've already come to the conclusion that you don't like how it looks on the outside, and therefore you will never buy it?

How a block performs is paramount, the most important thing say with in a range of +/- 3 degrees
    but since most blocks perform very close to the same in the upper class, which are the ones we're talking about, then YES it does come down to looks......

I don't like the black derlin blocks, they look industrial. when i think of sexy i think of blocks like the apogee with the copper top or even better the enzotech sapphire below...

or the new Koolance stuff...

I am also a big fan of clear acrylic, because i like UV liquids.

XSPC-EdgeAcrylic

EK_Supreme

So that is the kind of stuff think i think is sexy

to each his own, but I do like the new mounting hardware on the swiftech block, looks much more solid!

PS, most of the stuff i use is swiftech, the MCW355, the radiators, I use a great Storm Rev2 and also a Apogee GT and GTX, the radbox, the resi's, plus I'm sure i am missing simething...
    my main comment was i didn't like the look (except the mounts) I am tired of black Derlin blocks...that is just me...
    but I am sure any new products from Swiftech are going to be great additions to the watercooling community...

Regards
    Steve
    Last edited by systemviper; 07-11-2008 at 01:51 PM.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Banned
    Having seen an Edge in person now I no longer think it's cool. The acrylic on my mate's one wasn't perfect meaning that light was significantly distorted and everything appeared blurry. Looks like Swiffy, Enzotech and D-Tek for me.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I like the look of the block *because* it's industrial-looking and not flashy. All the examples you listed above that were shiny metal or see-through acrylic are just noise...added flare that may not add anything to a modded rig. The GTZ is stealthy...it's like it appears out of nowhere to keep the CPU cool.

Banned
    Hai, I like it. Only D-Tek have that industrial look and it's nice to have other options.

I'm eager to find out why it's different. Parallel channels for the quad cores?

Xtreme Member

If you guys stare into the pic of the Apogee GTZ you can see "GTZ" engraved into it.
    Quote Originally Posted by inCore
    Koolance - better than crack!

But just as good for you.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've also heard that if you state at a girl's boobs long enough, you can see the inside of a jail cell.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by YMAA View Post
    I've also heard that if you state at a girl's boobs long enough, you can see the inside of a jail cell.
    Either that or have a suddenly deeply redened face with finger prints in it..
    Or be suddenly be singing alto when you used to sing baritone..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wasn't too bad for me, I went from bass to baritone. Pleasant change, to be honest.

Hamster Powered
    The outside looks nice, time will tell about performance.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Assistant Administrator systemviper's Avatar
    Having seen an Edge in person now I no longer think it's cool. The acrylic on my mate's one wasn't perfect meaning that light was significantly distorted and everything appeared blurry. Looks like Swiffy, Enzotech and D-Tek for me.
    It seems with the workmenship that people have complained about on the resi's and now from what you say about he Edge, they have
    lost some of their luster and it's more of a "wait and see" on thier stuff.
    HWbot - Team: XtremeSystems
    XS cruncher - Team: XtremeSystems
    OCN Feedback
    HEAT

*** Being kind is sometimes better then being right.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post
    Hai, I like it. Only D-Tek have that industrial look and it's nice to have other options.

As long as it isn't cross drilled parallel channels with dimpled bottoms and an ultra thin base, I'll be happy... I'm working on something along those lines atm.

I really do like the looks of this block better than both the Apogee GT and GTX. I may have to buy one to match my MCW60 (isn't that sad that I'm a parts manufacturer yet am too lazy to machine a single block for my own system? )
    Asus G73- i7-740QM, Mobility 5870, 6Gb DDR3-1333, OCZ Vertex II 90Gb

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by eXa View Post
    ?

what do u mean?

I mean that upgrading the base to the same as the GTX and fixing the barb spacing would be a huge plus. Also making it a bit taller so that it clears ramsinks would be lovely as well.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post

These kinds of posts always crack me up. They get even better in cases like this where not a single number of the blocks performance as been released yet, like that mythical .5&#176;C is going to help your OC by 1MHZ.
    dude, all i meant was that it looks better than my (coming) fuzion, i dont know about the performancd, i couldnt care less if it would had performed slightly worse or slightly better, i just like the looks of it better than of the fuzion
    dont need to flame me, thx for tha diss man, real nice

Q9450 @3.60 Ghz, Striker II Formula, Evga 9800GTX (863/2050/1200), 2X2gb 1100 5,5,5,18 D9's at 2.20V
    Cooled by: MCR320, D-Tek Fuzion V2, MCP335 w/ EK G3/8 TOPS, Full BP high flow 1/2" fittings
    Oh and Vista Ultimate (i know, I KNOW!)

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MomijiTMO View Post

DD with brass top is as industrial looking as it gets :P
    Enermax Liberty 620 Modular
    Liquid Stacker
    8GB G.Skill PC2 8800 5-5-5-15 @ 400MHZ (PC6400 Speed)
    DFI LP LT X48-T2R
    Liquid Cooling:
    Thermochill PA 120.3 W/ Panaflo L1BXs/L1As
    D5 andFuzion V2, DD MCP Universal
    8800GTS G92
    Intel Q9450 @3200MHZ @ 1.18v (Wont OC any higher despite voltage increases)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by iandh View Post
    As long as it isn't cross drilled parallel channels with dimpled bottoms and an ultra thin base, I'll be happy... I'm working on something along those lines atm.

I really do like the looks of this block better than both the Apogee GT and GTX. I may have to buy one to match my MCW60 (isn't that sad that I'm a parts manufacturer yet am too lazy to machine a single block for my own system? )
    Is that a hint..?

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast