Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Advanced Overclocking Championship 2008 (aocc2008) - Hong Kong July '08

Xtreme Member
    Just got back home.
    It was a fun filled event and it was nice to meet so many well known overclockers from around the world.Got to learn a lot from this event.
    Thanks to Asus, VR-Zone and all other sponsors for making this event possible.

The_MAN_eta
    Quote Originally Posted by Ming@s View Post

Portugal

IEAHHHHHHH Congratz Portugal!

Champion
    Arrived back home (Cape Town) at a little after 1pm on Friday - which works out to close to 20hours of travelling! Only managed to recover enough to reply now From all us South Africans at the event (press included), we had a great time meeting, learning & partying with you guys

Thanks to Asus, VR-Zone, FSP, Western Digital, Kingston & nVidia. And of course thanks to all the other competitors for a really friendly environment to participate in! I will try sort the msn list out later tonight, so expect a few invites soon

France (jmax oc, dami1stm, pascal):
    Thanks for being so friendly & sharing the recipe to your LN2 drink, those alcohol crystals where something else :P Hope your 'new' room & last night out on the town went well - we had too much fun with you guys in Hong Kong!

UK (Sacha35, Bazx, Harry):
    A real class act guys, helpful, humorous & knowledgeable. Thanks for the smoking retreat as well Look forward to seeing you in Tai Pei! Oh yes, thanks to Harry for testing all the exotic foods for us

Team Australia (T_M, Youngpro, Moloko):
    Great to meet you guys, some other benchers from the southern hemisphere. Quick to share your wealth of knowledge & discuss some crazy ideas with us I was surprised to hear that benching head count in Aus is not that different to SA. Moloko is just to funny, looking forward to reading the mag.

Finland (SF3D, Sampsa):
    You guys are very easy going & seemed like naturals at these competitions. Enjoyed the post event dinner as well, sorry we missed the drinks. See you at the GB comp Congrats on your 5th place!

Sweden (Elmor, Crotale):
    Never got much time to chat, but enjoyed watching the tri-sli bench with Team Finland & Italy. We can catch up in Tai Pei Congrats on your 2nd place!

Singapore (NightRaven, clon22):
    You guys amazed me, 15minutes into prep time before the event you had everything setup & where listening to music :O Another relaxed bunch, was good to get time to talk as well Congrats on your 4th pace!

India (Harshal, Darky):
    Another entertaining bunch, also benched hard Harshall... Strawberries & Pink

USA (Fugger, Gautam):
    Thanks for the long chats & insight into the past Charles, was good to finally get to know you a little better. Kept missing you though Gautam :/ are you attending the Tai Pei event?

Thailand (Zolkorn, Pegazus):
    You guys are a very friendly team, I enjoyed the numerous conversations outside the Dragon Center with you guys. Are you going to attend Tai Pei event?

Turkie (Brandybuck, ataruz):
    Two people I kept getting confused & only managed to get your names right by the last day :P Great to meet, very friendly & managed to prep in almost no time at all - well done guys.

Portugal (ojdr2001, Ricky):
    Orlando you are super helpful guy & Ricky you just smile all the time, was great to meet you two 2001 legends. Thanks for the 2001 tips very helpful & congrats on your 3rd place

Japan (Cal930 & Duck):
    Was great to meet the PI legends & get a few words in! Was really interesting watching you guys bench. Look forwards to meeting again in the future.

Italy (Giorgioprimo and... Hicookie :P):
    Good to meet you Giorgio, you are a really strong bencher & worked hard at it for days. Thanks for being quick to share knowledge & hardware with the rest of the guys

-----------------------------------------
    Korea (OC_Windforce, Park)
    Hong Kong (Lok, Alex, Hixie (beer wench)
    Indonesia (Hazzan, Erick Decoy)
    Malaysia (Coolice, Sanko)
    China (1.time, susie, Artkobe) - Congrats on your 1st place!
    ^^ Sorry I never got to speak to you guys much, there where just too many guys there & I definetely need to polish up on my foreign languages a little more I think
    -----------------------------------------
    hardware flux

Champion
    some more pics

the hotel entrance

Orlando and Ricky at the group dinner out

night lights of hong kong

many buildings were full of lights

street scene

cal930 and duck of team japan

the venue

inside the golden computer mall

neo driving for a bit

the aftermath

love you long time

in kh if you looking for something you go to the district...like this 4 or so blocks of primarily shoes

or the market for cheaper stuff

yes there were plenty of ppl wearing masks...or talking with their hands in front of their mouths

not enough pavements?...no problem we build more

and even hang art all over them

and contrary to popular belief even 7million population cities have trees

Turkey Man
    Some great photos there

Xtreme Legend
    Nice photos

It was really nice to meet you guys. Always happy and smiling. Really hope to meet you again

Quote Originally Posted by TraX View Post
    France (jmax oc, dami1stm, pascal):
    Thanks for being so friendly & sharing the recipe to your LN2 drink, those alcohol crystals where something else :P Hope your 'new' room & last night out on the town went well - we had too much fun with you guys in Hong Kong!
    hi TraX !
    Many Thanks, really a pleasure the last night with you, Flyteck and Neo in the night club & Pubs of Hong Kong !
    AOCC 2008 Video : here and LN2 & Pastis @ HK

Only Extreme Need Apply
    nice to meet u guys didnt have much time to catch up with some of u but i think we will someday

Just having some fun and messing around with the Asus P5Q3

CPU Voltage is OKAY!

nonono wait wait wait. what is the cpu voltage?

Go eat Shi(f)t and die for trying to input some lame voltage you jackass!
    Buildin

Only Extreme Need Apply
    Overclocking is about just 3 things!

BOOZE, CHICKS and CHIPS!
    Buildin

Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ojdr2001 View Post
    Nice photos
    It was really nice to meet you guys. Always happy and smiling. Really hope to meet you again
    Looking forward to meeting up again Orlando

Quote Originally Posted by Westyle View Post
    hi TraX !
    Many Thanks, really a pleasure the last night with you, Flyteck and Neo in the night club & Pubs of Hong Kong !
    Your new hotel room was a real experience Seems like you all survived though :P
    hardware flux

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    Giorgio sums it up for us, he ate everything they brought to the table. Hats off to the adventurous.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Go7biARJvM
    ROFL! I played that about 10 times, very good!

I mean, It's nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    with great MHZ comes great responsibility
    CPU:Q6600 G0 @ 3.825
    Motherboard:Asus P5E X38
    Memory:2x2GB OCZ Reapers DDR2 1066
    Graphics Card:Asus 4850
    Hard Drive:2xSegate 500gb 32MB Cache raid0
    Power Supply:Xion 800W
    Case:3DAurora
    CPU cooling: D-tek Fuzion V2 (Quad insert removed)
    GPU cooling: mcw60
    Monitor:24" LG

Quote Originally Posted by TraX View Post
    Your new hotel room was a real experience Seems like you all survived though :P
    yes...we survived

this is the combo Shower/toilets...very practical !
    AOCC 2008 Video : here and LN2 & Pastis @ HK

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314