Thread: Summer TEC Revival

Summer TEC Revival

I've been lurking around here for some time now, so I thought I might ask a few questions.

I got a 437W TEC last year to cool my old AMD X2 4400 when I was pushing some serious overclocks, which it did amazingly well. Problem is when I'm not overclocking I don't really need the CPU to be idling at -15C

This thread talks about a TEC controller - would this be able to be adapted to my TEC? I currently use a Meanwell 600W 24v switching power supply. Also I loved the idea of using a T-balancer (greatest things ever) to control a powersupply, but I don't think that would work on my 24v Meanwell...

I'm not great at electronics, so any help would be appreciated!

Xtreme Cruncher
    the controller that jimbo has on post 17 will not help you at all but I think he drew up another one that would work for you.

This is the final controller design that Uncle Jimbo has tested. It has been tested to 30v and will handle 40amps+ easy. I'm in the middle of building three of them right now for a project. Good luck.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...6&postcount=57

You guys are bloody legends

My wife is going overseas, so I'll have plenty of time to mess around and try building a controller. Would you mind mailing me some pics of your controller NotSoCoolJ?