Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worklog Section Rules

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by AKHandyman View Post
    New to this worklog thing ... any thing that I should know before I start one? I want to keep it on my computer and add to it when I get things done and then post in here. Is there like a template or text box anyone uses? I am new, so anything would be greatly appreciated in advance.
    No basic outline really. Many people do something similar to what I have done, in which they state what they will do with the build and list their parts list and goals. You're basically free to do what you like though!! Have fun
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    New to this worklog thing ... any thing that I should know before I start one? I want to keep it on my computer and add to it when I get things done and then post in here. Is there like a template or text box anyone uses? I am new, so anything would be greatly appreciated in advance.
    No template as such - but what I could recommend is to write the log in something like MS Word and then when you are ready to post just copy and past it over and add in any smilies that you want to use. Thats what I did for mine That way you can edit it and save it as you write without having to post a half completed update.

Good Luck

Thanks guys ... I suspected that by doing a log in Word or InDesign would be the trick. I'll keep it in mind when I get ready. Thanks again
    Intel i7 7700K @ 5.1 GHz w/Corsair H115i * ASUS Maximus Hero IX* BIOS 0701 * 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz * 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (RAID 0) * 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (Steam Drive) * 4TB WD Green (Storage) * Corsair HX1000i * Corsair 750D Obsidian Airflow Edition

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks guys ... I suspected that by doing a log in Word or InDesign would be the trick. I'll keep it in mind when I get ready. Thanks again
    Its more interesting for the rest of us here to see individual updates as you progress. It allows us to give you input as well as see how its coming along so we could possible use some of the ideas in our own builds.
    Ba da dum dum dum.

Thanks again ... I know how important updates are. I just wanted to find out if there were any special ways of laying out the work-log on these forum pages. I have spent a considerable amount of time going over many of the logs. All are very good. I definitely have a feel for how I want to proceed now. I will start on mine very soon.
    Intel i7 7700K @ 5.1 GHz w/Corsair H115i * ASUS Maximus Hero IX* BIOS 0701 * 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz * 2 x 256GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe (RAID 0) * 1TB Samsung 850 Pro (Steam Drive) * 4TB WD Green (Storage) * Corsair HX1000i * Corsair 750D Obsidian Airflow Edition

Xtreme Member
    Can you ask for advice in your worklog?

OVERCLOCKAHOLICS
    Quote Originally Posted by OggeOJ View Post
    Can you ask for advice in your worklog?
    Don't think that would be a problem.

Nice one, will post my log next week, kiu!

Smile

Hello :] Was eagerly eating (yes, eating) so many worklogs here and got an idea about making things easier. Topics Naming convention!

What information will you get from 'Extreme Watercooling System (ASUS)' (nothing personal, just a top topic for now) and from '[CM][HAF X 942][1 Loop] Extreme Watercooling System (ASUS)'?

Many of us are interested in building our own monsta-systems and watching many worklogs for getting experience, i.e. will that fat rad fit that case etc. And we just can't get all beautiful worklogs that use one specified case by using simple search (you know, fulltext search will not give you 100% good results and when you get only nice named topics life is better ).

What I think about: [Case Manufacturer][Case Model][Number of loops] _space_ Anything else (we are in widescreen century, we have enough room for any wild symbols and names).

Maybe after getting most of topic names to one specification we can even change output of liquid worklogs section - we can have nice manufacturer logos for example instead of [Asus] or [CM] with some vB plugin (like on-the-fly transformation, because we need to save text in names of topics for proper search).

Hope all that information wasn't so boring, hope to read opinions about this idea
    q6600 g0 @ 2.7 - H50 @ p12, p14 push-pull
    p5q premium rev. A2 bios 1611
    4x1G ocz reapers @ 400
    g92b 512Mb
    2xWD1500HLFS raid0 16Kb ich10r
    1xST 1Tb 340NS
    1xST 1.5Tb 341AS
    2xWD20EADS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12