Thread: Thermochill radiator casings are made of steel?

Xtreme Addict

Thermochill radiator casings are made of steel?

2 days after flushing my radiators and im noticing some small rust spots on one of my PA120.3's around the fan holes and in a few other spots where the paint was bad and I guess moisture/water got underneath it.

I really would of thought the casing would of been stainless or something like that.

Life's Replay
    I know what you mean. When I forgot to order the correct adapters, I ended up attaching the tubing + barbs to the radiator with superglue, epoxy and silicon and a great deal of rust formed around the connector areas. It's all been fixed now, but I wonder if it has caused any damage.
    Self-proclaimed and convincing.

Intel i5 760 | Prolimatech Genesis CPU Cooler | EVGA GTX 480 | Arctic Cooling Accelero Extreme Plus II GPU Cooler | Corsair Vengeance 4 x 4GB DDR3-1600 | Crucial C300 64GB SSD | 5 TB+ of storage | Corsair Obsidian 550d | Corsair HX850

13" Macbook Pro

Nikon D90 | Nikon 55-200mm f/4-5.6 VR | Nikon 35mm f/1.8G | Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 Macro HSM | Nikon SB-900 | Braun 5000

Twitter | Life's Replay

steel costs less than stainless. I don't know what the others use for their casings but it wouldn't surprise me if it was steel as well.
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    steel costs less than stainless. I don't know what the others use for their casings but it wouldn't surprise me if it was steel as well.
    my mcr320 had a brass housing, old watercool.de rad stainless steel, el-cheapo rad for 20$ with stainless steel...

i don't really get it why thermochill sells the most expensive rads and actually has the worst build quality of almost all rads out there, no tapped fan mountings, cheap mounting brackets, crappy paint jod and so on...

only the performance justified buying a TC but the feser brings in same performance with a MUCH higher build quality at the same price, TC REALLLY has to improve their details or they'll lose alot of customers due to crappy packaging and all the other issues you get when buying a TC rad (i put a 120.2 in a friends PC and HWlabs + all german WC producers + xspx appear to have much better details such as fan mountings + packaging, not to mention the paint jobs....
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by generics_user View Post
    my mcr320 had a brass housing, old watercool.de rad stainless steel, el-cheapo rad for 20$ with stainless steel...

i don't really get it why thermochill sells the most expensive rads and actually has the worst build quality of almost all rads out there, no tapped fan mountings, cheap mounting brackets, crappy paint jod and so on...

only the performance justified buying a TC but the feser brings in same performance with a MUCH higher build quality at the same price, TC REALLLY has to improve their details or they'll lose alot of customers due to crappy packaging and all the other issues you get when buying a TC rad (i put a 120.2 in a friends PC and HWlabs + all german WC producers + xspx appear to have much better details such as fan mountings + packaging, not to mention the paint jobs....
    Well TFC rads in the US cost around $15-$25 more, but worth it in my opinion.

When your spending that much money on something, who would think 15-25 bucks more is too much to make it "perfect".

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by generics_user View Post

Ditto, n not forgetting the 3/8 threads, why cant they just use normal 1/4