Thread: DFI LT P35 wont turn on.

Xtreme Addict

DFI LT P35 wont turn on.

As the title states, Today when I switched the PC on, it went on for 1 sec then off, since then it havent been turning on. All the LEDs on the board are on(Orange - working) but it wont respond when I click the ON button on the cabbinet.

I have tried
    1)drying the board and CPU area and the PSU with a hair dryer cause there was too much moisture around

2)Removed the whole WC and installed all the stock HSFs

3)checked all the wires

tried again, switched on the PSU, LEDs on the board are working, but it wont turn ON (fans and HDD wont start spinning) when I click the ON button on the case as well as the buttons on the motherboard itself, the LEDs on the motherboard are still working, it just stays there no matter how many times I push the ON button.

Is it Dead ?/
    Last edited by ANP !!!; 07-03-2008 at 08:03 AM.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yeah this board gave me a crap load of trouble and I had this same problem and it turned out my WBbackplate was shorting the CPU area - and my RAM slots still dont work. Check your backplate if you have one.
    For the record I am not sick, nor am I a gamer, nor am I a sick gamer. That name just sounds really cool to me but dont put me under that stereotype at all.

nevermind... addicted to COD4 and Free Online Games baby!

Xtreme Addict
    Damn.

I dont have any backplate, i was using a Fuzion on CPU and MCW30 on NB.

I have sent a email for RMA. But will keep on trying, maybe I can get lucky.
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

I assume that you have tried resetting CMOS and done a "bare build" (single stick ram on factory timings, no drives, video card)?

WCG Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post

I have tried
    1)drying the board and CPU area and the PSU with a hair dryer cause there was too much moisture around
    Your motherboard should be dry as a bone, whatever your cooling method. I prefer the heavy-handed approach: complete dis-assemble, clean, and rebuild. Remove mb from case, use q-tips and 90% or higher iso-propyl alcohol to clean, give it the once-over with the hair dryer, and assemble outside of case. When that works put it in the case.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp