Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Black Ops BIOS of the Day: G28

Quote Originally Posted by broller View Post
    hi sorry to post lare but i was having same probs with qx9770 and what i did was flashed to 27 then 26 and then back to 28 for some reason that has fixed it for now but it was only happening in vista Attachment 82999

Attachment 83000
    Download the awesome Crystal CPUID for these scenarios
    http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalCPUID/

click Function, then Intel enhanced speedstep control, and select multiplier , like the 11.5x you've set in bios, and its done.

Quote Originally Posted by Slovnaft View Post
    I just got this board in last night and could only spend about an hour fiddling before getting frustrated and going to bed.
    First, I did the online BIOS update to version P05 i believe. This isn't by and chance the official release version of G28? Would I be better off with G28?
    Also, I'm having serious power issues. It either has huuuge vdroop or is severely undervolting. I mean, I set cpu target voltage to 1.4 in BIOS and cpuz reads 0.880 at idle and 0.956 at load! My RAM isn't stable at stock speeds I have to underclock to at least 1200 depending on my oced cpu speed.
    I'm chalking most of this up to the hope that there's something about this board that I just have to 'feel' and will eventually understand.
    In the mean time, any help? It sounds like G28 might fix some of this?
    CPUZ reads vcore wrongly for Blackops. G28, maybe you should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by flanr View Post
    To lardarse and saaya

just to let you know that there are 2 or 3 people including myself that are having issues with P05

the problems i am having are

1. after powering up from cold after been plugged out all night i get a post code of 54

2. intermittent shutdown and restart loops - would need to clear cmos to get going again

3. post codes varying between 61 - 64

when i was on G27 i never had any of these problems

you can check here for the other users who have tried P05

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=198071

i have now reflashed back to G27

i just wanted to let you know about these problems

Best Regards
    flanr

Thanks hopefully there will be a new P bios out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by negev View Post
    I found G28 to be slightly more stable, however I also had ram problems. Not sure whether its the sticks or the board, but I have to run my Geil memory at 8-8-8-26 2.0v to get 1600MHz stable instead of its rated 7-7-7-24 @ 1.9v.

Geil have told me that the max safe voltage is 2.2v, so I might try upping the vdimm at the weekend to see if I can get the timings tighter but I really can't be bothered at the moment, I'm just happy that everything is stable with a mild overclock of 3.2ghz. Not gonna push much harder until i get h2o.

Play with the board a bit, like everyone says it takes time to get used to it but it is really cool
    perhaps the Performance level is a little tight by default, you can try 7-7-7-24 but performance level set at 7 to 9 levels...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234