Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD SB 800 Features

Xtreme Mentor
    what dose E-sata use (sata1)1.5gbs or (sata2)3.0gbs ?

usb 3.0 is suppose to be 4.8gbs vs 480mbs usb from 2.0

how ever if e-SATA is using Sata it can get to 6gbs & I'm sure we'll see more devices use e-sata over the coming years.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    P.S. Sata III
    Why, did Sata II already come out?
    Sata 3Gbps != Sata II. Common misconception.
    http://www.serialata.org/namingguidelines.asp

Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    it's called FW800
    It'd be an alternative if it was widely available.
    As of now, it only comes on a few external drives and camcorders;
    but I haven't seen many pendrives or others with fw; and those
    devices that have fw are a very small percentage in the market and
    cost a significant amount more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rammsteiner View Post
    [EDIT]What is MAC LAN for anyway? Just to connect to a MAC?
    No, networking devices have a MAC address and MAC layer.
    I'm sure you have seen it, an IP address is 123.456.789.123
    for example and can be dynamic; a MAC address is eg.
    12:3a:bf:19:5c:67, and is static and can identify a machine.
    Usual suspects: i5-750 & H212+ | Biostar T5XE CFX-SLI | 4GB RAndoM | 4850 + AC S1 + 120@5V + modded stock for VRAM/VRM | Seasonic S12-600 | 7200.12 | P180 | U2311H & S2253BW | MX518
    mITX media & to-be-server machine: A330ION | Seasonic SFX | WD600BEVS boot & WD15EARS data
    Laptops: Lifebook T4215 tablet, Vaio TX3XP
    Bike: ZX6R

Xtreme Addict
    Well, you can change a MAC address, but it's still a lot more static than an IP address. The wireless network on the university where I study uses the MAC address of my laptop to verify whom I am, along with account and password and stuff. But I will have to register the MAC address of my mobile phone's WiFi to be able to use the wireless network on my university for example, otherwise they won't allow me to connect wirelessly. It's more of a security feature in this case as I can only use certain features when I'm on the university's network and they don't want someone to just hop on to the network and start using it as well. (I use VPN at home to do the same)
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    what dose E-sata use (sata1)1.5gbs or (sata2)3.0gbs ?

usb 3.0 is suppose to be 4.8gbs vs 480mbs usb from 2.0

how ever if e-SATA is using Sata it can get to 6gbs & I'm sure we'll see more devices use e-sata over the coming years.
    eSATA currently uses SATA 3,0 GB/s and maximum cable length through a native eSATA port is 2 m. while a 'passive' port is reduced to 1 m. because it lack the signaling needed to support longer cables. When a mobo has a build in eSATA connector found at the rear port cluster, then it will be of the full eSATA port.
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Banned
    Wow, SB8xx are going to be a kickass SB's. AMD are improving everything they can while fighting on every front. That SB should add a great value to the upcoming Deneb based platforms. Deneb loks like it is going to be more competitive to Yorkfield then Phenom was to Kentsfield. It seems they have fixed the Spider. In such case the Spider2 with an Radeon 48xx will offer a great performance and will have a very high overall value for the price it has. Bravo AMD!
    Last edited by gOJDO; 07-02-2008 at 12:53 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank M View Post
    No, networking devices have a MAC address and MAC layer.
    I'm sure you have seen it, an IP address is 123.456.789.123
    for example and can be dynamic; a MAC address is eg.
    12:3a:bf:19:5c:67, and is static and can identify a machine.
    Thx for the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by gOJDO View Post
    Wow, SB8xx are going to be a kickass SB's. AMD are improving everything they can while fighting on every front. That SB should add a great value to the upcoming Deneb based platforms. Deneb loks like it is going to be more competitive to Yorkfield then Phenom was to Kentsfield. It seems they have fixed the Spider. In such case the Spider2 with an Radeon 48xx will offer a great performance and will have a very high overall value for the price it has. Bravo AMD!
    No, were you... positive

Anyhow, if it's going to compete against Yorkfield majorly depends how Deneb is going to do in the end; most important thing I think is to improve Vcore/clock scaling. But as long as they rule out most things which might be a drawback it's only better. Got to start somewhere at some point and fix/improve things step by step and everytime you did one piece you've one thing less to worry about... at least, that's how I think when i got to tidy my room

But Im dieing to see RD890 features though. I hope metro posts them tomorrow... (which is only in one hour).
    Synaptic Overflow

CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller