Thread: Help me choose a Motherboard / RAM setup for my current hardware.

Help me choose a Motherboard / RAM setup for my current hardware.

So ive given up trying with 790i after EVGA failures and reading of bad reports in their forums of the 790i boards and other 7 series boards.

I need serious help selecting a new board.

I have:

2 gtx 280's
    1 gt9600
    1 TV tuner card
    1 Sound Card

Essentially ill need 7 slots... however i may be willing to get rid of the tv tuner for an external or the GT. But if not would be best.

DDR3 or DDR2 - i have 8GB of ddr3 but it seem to fail with my 790i board unless u know OCZ will work with it then dosent matter.

Please help me choose high end memory + motherboard combination (hopefuly 8GB of RAM) that will work comfotably together.

Xtremely unstable
    You surely want to sli the GTX280 cards yes? The 8gb ram is tough on nvidia chipset I think and certain intel based boards aren't going to play well either. I really like my MSI 780i although I don't think I would like it so much if I had my heart set on 8gb. As far as high end ram, ddr2 prices are so good right now I wouldn't consider any top end kit out of reach. I have c4 ocz reaper, c4 adata vitesta, and c4 patriot viper, all 2x2gb kits and all extremely sound.
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

I am Xtreme
    Why on earth would you run 280GTX in SLI and a 9600GT ? I would love to see a piccie of ya current setup with all them cards installed...... if ya don't want to continue with eVGA only option is to go for an Asus or MSI but those are really too many cards for a game system... bundled with 8GB of ram and an OC it will be hard times to get it to run 100% smooth...Hope you a big tower case as if you gonna put this all in a medium tower it will create a nuclear meltdown for sure...

Do you really already have all that hardware or do you intend to buy this all ?
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree