Thread: AMD AOD Extreme Hardware Requirements

Xtreme X.I.P.

AMD AOD Extreme Hardware Requirements

Hello,

I just got some information about the hardware requirements of the new AMD AOD Extreme.

Here is a SS of a internal AMD document which explains all the needs.

If you have all what is needed to improove your overclock, you can download AMD AOD Beta from here:

http://www.chw.net/foro/exclusivo-am...t=AMD+AOD+Beta

Hope you like it

Source

Xtreme Mentor
    Thanks Metro

From this document it looks like either SB750 has PLL which replaces CPU internal one, or it has complete IMC .

Any more info??
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    Thanks Metro

From this document it looks like either SB750 has PLL which replaces CPU internal one, or it has complete IMC .

Any more info??
    SB750 has PLL integrated in itself,but has no IMC .There might be additional logic in there,which AMD may call SB750 IMC,but it's not the integrated memory controller (we all love ).
    Anyhow,sounds exiting and all,we just need a motherboard in hands of an experienced Phenom OCer(we have a bunch of them already in AMD section,credits to KTE ).Oh and we need an average Phenom ,just to check how further will the board allow it to go

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I just bought a 'new' AMD motherboard, turns out only half of the chip package was new, even with the SB700 already out..

Also, the board (GA DS5) doesn't even support Phenom 9850, even though it's the supposed 'high end' chipset (790FX).

Damned if I'm going to buy another one, I'm so dumb when it comes to new purchases I'll end up buying the worst SB700 board they have on offer by virtue of natural law.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightman View Post
    Thanks Metro

Any more info??
    Afaik SB 700 also had a PLL but it had issues so it wasnt really used (or completely used) now this was fixed with SB 750. IMC is a surprise to me too, not sure about the letters or what they mean.

P.D. I have more info but on the CPU side

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    P.D. I have more info but on the CPU side
    Do tell,if you are allowed to .

Xtreme Addict
    Yeah, it's all getting closer and closer, I hardly can wait. Im very curious what that add-on thingy all is about. Maybe it's like an add-on for the clock generator on the SB750 and the only real change was an additional connector to support/replace the clock generator external?

It wont be an IMC tough. If it was even possible imagine the bandwith and latency nerf you get there

Quote Originally Posted by bowman View Post
    Damned if I'm going to buy another one, I'm so dumb when it comes to new purchases I'll end up buying the worst SB700 board they have on offer by virtue of natural law.
    No, you're not dumd. Gigabyte ed it up on that board because it simply is supposed to support the Phenom 9850BE. Since the DS4 and DQ6 both support the 9850BE, it makes even less sense.
    Synaptic Overflow

CPU:
    -Intel Core i7 920 3841A522
    --CPU: 4200Mhz| Vcore: +120mV| Uncore: 3200Mhz| VTT: +100mV| Turbo: On| HT: Off
    ---CPU block: EK Supreme Acetal| Radiator: TCF X-Changer 480mm
    Motherboard:
    -Foxconn Bloodrage P06
    --Blck: 200Mhz| QPI: 3600Mhz
    Graphics:
    -Sapphire Radeon HD 4870X2
    --GPU: 750Mhz| GDDR: 900Mhz
    RAM:
    -3x 2GB Mushkin XP3-12800
    --Mhz: 800Mhz| Vdimm: 1.65V| Timings: 7-8-7-20-1T
    Storage:
    -3Ware 9650SE-2LP RAID controller
    --2x Western Digital 74GB Raptor RAID 0
    PSU:
    -Enermax Revolution 85+ 1250W
    -Windows Vista Business x64

ORDERED: Sapphire HD 5970 OC
    LOOKING FOR: 2x G.Skill Falcon II 128GB SSD, Windows 7

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by metro.cl View Post
    Hello,

I just got some information about the hardware requirements of the new AMD AOD Extreme.

Here is a SS of a internal AMD document which explains all the needs.

If you have all what is needed to improove your overclock, you can download AMD AOD Beta from here:

http://www.chw.net/foro/exclusivo-am...t=AMD+AOD+Beta

Hope you like it

Source

! Thanks bro!
    I used to be a schizophrenic; but we're okay now.