Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lian Li PC-A77 Mod: Project [Thessa]

Xtreme Member
    Oh my... *jaw drop*

That is amazing!
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @3.3GHz || DFI x48 T3RS DDR3 || Custom Silverstone Black Temjin TJ-07
    Coolermaster Gemini2 (2 120x120x38 Sunon's) Idle-32 Load-46 || 4Gig Patriot Viper DDR3 1333
    Crossfired 4850's || Gigabyte Odin 800W PSU || 500gig SATA || Logitech G9 || Samsung 2232GW

Initiate Heat Blasters!

"If I'm lacking in boats, it's cause I'm fearful of the Kraken" -MC Frontalot

Xtreme Member
    The only thing that sucks about this build, is that mine is going to be so close to it. Good job man, it looks really nice, and I'm going to have to steal a few ideas off you, even if it will make my build look that much closer to yours (in particular the mesh on the drive bays is a nice touch that I think I'm going to use). I'm amazed at how clean you managed to make that wiring, it's giving me the most trouble out of anything so far (but then again, I'm wrestling with a RAID controller that has obscenely long SATA cables) and hope I can manage to get something that looks even half as nice as what you put together.

MDPC
    As already discussed: Change the clamp that holds the reservoire and we are almost OR already there. All the best to Junkun13 too, that pointed me to the first version of this rig Go for Philippines V2

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dualbrain View Post
    As already discussed: Change the clamp that holds the reservoire and we are almost OR already there. All the best to Junkun13 too, that pointed me to the first version of this rig Go for Philippines V2
    wow...dualbrain checking out my rig. anyway, can you elaborate on the clamps. what do you mean by change? repaint? or are there any other versions of clamps being sold?

Xtreme Enthusiast

Talking

Mabuhay knet370!
    Sak-sakan nang ganda! (Translation:It's very beautiful!)

Win7Pro 32-bit/ ABIT IP35 Pro v1.1 BIOS v.16beta09/ Intel C2D E8400 Batch Q748A223 /Xigmatek HDT-RS1283/ 4GB Corsair CM2X2048-6400C5DHX 5-5-5-18 1.80V ver4.1/ CORSAIR 850AX/ CM Stacker 830SE/ ZALMAN ZM-F3RL 120mm Red LED/120mm Yate Loon D12SL-12 Red LED/ Creative Labs Fatal1ty ProGamer/ MSI R7870/ Dell UltraSharp 2407FPW-HC...new FPS: Groundbranch.com/
    Ace's 40mm fan solution...be my buddy

MDPC
    Quote Originally Posted by knet370 View Post
    wow...dualbrain checking out my rig. anyway, can you elaborate on the clamps. what do you mean by change? repaint? or are there any other versions of clamps being sold?
    You wonder that I check out your rig - or better say "almost one of the most beautiful computers"?

I got an email by Ruben about it ...

Just paint them and you should be there. Also please hide or exchange the cable-ties - cable tie heads are never beautiful. A dream would be to have black PCB graphic cards in it, but I do understand, that it is hard to open the loop again ... but who knows Just follow the motto: No-Compromise!

If you have any questions and especially before you do the final shooting - PN me or ask Ruben for my email-address. You are more than ! I can't guarantee for anything but if you go to "no compromise" and the photos become pieces of art - what can I do?
    Last edited by dualbrain; 07-18-2008 at 03:15 PM.

yay! i'm guessing knet will be very busy this weekend

MDPC
    I just looked at the photos again: The two screws on the vertical mesh at the side towards the front really annoy and destroy the general quality look. It is also bent a little. Maybe you have a second mesh? Sorry *duck and hide*
    I know it's whining from my side on a high level - please forgive.

I am Xtreme
    Myself and mr dual brain here both have ocd

because i was looking @ those aswell!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Xtreme Member
    A dream would be to have black PCB graphic cards in it, but I do understand, that it is hard to open the loop again ... but who knows Just follow the motto: No-Compromise!
    i would like to own black pcb cards as well..but the only cards i know are the 8800gtx, 9800gtx and those overpriced 260 and 280gtx. which obviously i cannot afford anymore. lol! i will try to make a pcb cover out of lasercut acrylic with a bit of design if it will look ok. i will email you the final pics when im done altering those tiny bits you mention.

i also just noticed, the mesh is kindly slightly bent. haha! anyway, thanks for the tips. ill be busy working it out again. hehe.

Xtreme Addict
    knet: just downloaded your hi-res pics...might use them as wallpaper hehehe. my regards to mhike!
    Last edited by emoners; 07-18-2008 at 07:46 PM.

Xtreme Member
    love your rig! what happened to the inside mirror you replaced with mesh? it looked sweet

Xtreme Member
    the mesh was added to blend in more like on the front 5.25 cover and the ram cooler which are all perforated alum.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by emoners View Post
    knet: just downloaded your hi-res pics...might use them as wallpaper hehehe. my regards to mhike!
    lol! im not worthy. haha. anyway, i heard from uncle mhike you planning to go water too. hehehehe

lol! im not worthy. haha. anyway, i heard from uncle mhike you planning to go water too. hehehehe
    hahaha! i'm not that old lol!

Xtreme Addict
    hahaha still thinking about it

Xtreme Member
    i would like to own black pcb cards as well..but the only cards i know are the 8800gtx, 9800gtx and those overpriced 260 and 280gtx. which obviously i cannot afford anymore. lol! i will try to make a pcb cover out of lasercut acrylic with a bit of design if it will look ok. i will email you the final pics when im done altering those tiny bits you mention.

i also just noticed, the mesh is kindly slightly bent. haha! anyway, thanks for the tips. ill be busy working it out again. hehe.
    there are 8800gt's by xfx with black pcb's. they are very cheap.

http://geizhals.at/eu/a314225.html

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp View Post
    there are 8800gt's by xfx with black pcb's. they are very cheap.

http://geizhals.at/eu/a314225.html
    they are not reference design and thus will render my iandh ramsinks useless. also i already have the 8800gts g92 which i think is the better card than the gt. 9800gtx or higher will be my only choice if i where to upgrade just to get a black pcb. sadly i couldnt afford it right now. ;-)

Xtreme Addict
    Fantastic Mod, One of my all time favourites. Does the pump Mod increase the pumps efficiency like the new EK top? Your use of black Tygon has made me rethink my efforts. Well done friend.
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Fantastic Mod, One of my all time favourites. Does the pump Mod increase the pumps efficiency like the new EK top? Your use of black Tygon has made me rethink my efforts. Well done friend.
    with regards to ease of use i think yes. because it's a lot easier to swap fittings with a threaded pump. with the original pump top you are limited to using only 1/2 and 7/16 id tubing at most

Xtreme Member
    knet370: I just purchased an A-77B. I think it looks decent in its stock configuration but what you have done is a work of art! The black powder coat really transforms the "bland" aluminum.

Maybe you should send some of your pics to Lian Li and see what they think.
    Lian Li PC-A77B, Corsair 750TX PSU | Asus Max Formula->Rampage, 1001 BIOS | E8500 @4303MHz, Xigmatek S1283 | 4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066 | HIS 4890 Turbo | Super Talent FTM32GX25H SSD (boot), WD3000GLFS, ST31500341AS, WD6400AAKS | Pioneer 112D | X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro | Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 w/upgraded parts&cooling | LG W2600H 26" monitor | Windows 7 x64

Xtreme Member
    i think lian li should anodize the internals of their cases as well.

Xtreme Member
    i think lian li should anodize the internals of their cases as well.
    At which point the only legal tender that they will accept would be gold.

Although - cant be that expensive if they do it on mass. Would be hella sexy.

JM
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 @3.3GHz || DFI x48 T3RS DDR3 || Custom Silverstone Black Temjin TJ-07
    Coolermaster Gemini2 (2 120x120x38 Sunon's) Idle-32 Load-46 || 4Gig Patriot Viper DDR3 1333
    Crossfired 4850's || Gigabyte Odin 800W PSU || 500gig SATA || Logitech G9 || Samsung 2232GW

Initiate Heat Blasters!

some of their newly released cases already have anodized interiors although a bit more expensive.

Xtreme Member
    How much is a bit more?

JM

Initiate Heat Blasters!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234