Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Foxconn Destroyer - bios thread

Xtreme Member
    Anyone have any updates??????????????
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Xtreme Member
    I went back and forth with Foxconn's online support and this is the last message from them and the last message I sent to them...

"Dear ****,

We guess there is a little misunderstanding about the option "CPU And NB HT Speed", the item should be "CPU-NB HT Link speed" that refers to the HT link speed from CPU to NB.
    It will not change CPU clock but the HT link.

Best regards,

Foxconn Technical Support"

"so what your telling me is, there is currently no way to change the north bridge multiplier? if so, could you possibly ask you're BIOS engineers to some how add that function to the next BIOS? There are quite a few of us Destroyer owners who would like to be able to change the North bridge multiplier. 2009/04/25"

I have yet to get a response from that last message....how ever the original message was responded to with in 24 hours. I guess when you ask them to change something, there not too interested with you anymore.
    ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

Xtreme Member
    I might go to the Asus Crosshair II but I have customers I sold a few destroyers to. I am really going to get screwed but I might rma them all to the lol. Bios says AM3 cpu support and the 955BE is an AM3.
    Intel System
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir

Beside the NB-multiplierproblem there are still other issues to resolve by Foxconn which have already been described in this thread. A new bios ist definitely necessary and after almost three months of waiting very late. It confuses me a little bit of reading of new beta-Bioses for some X58-boards every second week and on the other side nothing for all the AMD-boards. In february I prefered the Destroyer instead of the Crosshair II and the M4A79 and I am very close to regret this choice. Sure, Asus is also not the king of customersupport, but you can count on bios-updates and relatively fast fixes for certain major issues. At least for the Enthusiast-Series of boards Foxconn should definitely think about the current state of support.

Xtreme Addict
    i wouldnt buy this motherboard theres no support for it ,no matter how nice it is the bios is still stuck in the past. worst case scenario get the asus m3n deluxe not the crosshair board, bios's are stil popping out for board or get the rebranded 980a still i would get this board. when you have a support thread and ppl have been crying out for this 1 feature and they get ignored its not good

they should just come out and say are board cant do it or our bios engineer's dont know how to emplement it saves a lot of thread posts
    Amd Nvidia/Ati -3dmark06 scorebord revisted

asus L1N64-ws or /b depending on bios chip
    4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=236
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    bix3-with x3panaflo hi output
    antec 850 quattro

heat under msimax abitmax and dfimax

Xtreme Member
    I am looking to pick up 5 980a's. 4 for my customers and 1 for my personal. We are removing all Foxconn products from out retail site. We were pushing there products but the economy is too bad for things not to work the way they are supposed to. They described to support AM3 on the last bios update. We had a thread going on there support site were ppl were going off. I will not deal with them again.
    Intel System

Xtreme Member
    ya this is defiantly leaving a bad taste in my mouth. (so to speak)I have never spent so much money on a mother board before this one. all my others have been cheap $50 boards...I figured Foxconn was looking good and my cousin just bought a cheap $60 mobo from them and it looked good construction wise and performance wise, so I said F-it I want this setup to last at least 2 years spend the extra money and get a good board. Soon after I got up and running I got into OC'ing. had I not I wouldn't have noticed these issues that have been posted here in this thread. Needless to say I am starting to regret buying this board.

also, I did link the text support to this thread, so they know about it.
    ASRock Z77 Extream6
    Intel i7 3770K
    G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1866
    OCZ Agility 3 120GB SATA III
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
    CORSAIR HX1050
    GIGABYTE GTX 770 4GB

Xtreme Member
    Yeah I posted countless times with no reply. Other started to post too with no reply. Its all good. Better to learn now cause I am in the retail business. We did sell a setup with the destroyer but its going to be replaced with the Asus version of the 980a. Like I said... its all good.
    Intel System

At last, today the new P15-Bios has been released. You can find it on http://www.foxconnsupport.com/download.aspx.

Changelog:

Update AGESA Code
    Therefore, the CPU-multiplier problem with the new AM3-CPUs (e.g. Phenom II 955) should be fixed. The CPU->NB multi still cannot be adjusted in the bios. The option just doesn't work.

Xtreme Member
    I received the update May 11th. The first thing I noticed was my cpu voltage was 0.974 before booting. I manually changed it to 1.35. When I got into windows I started cpuz and saw "1.70". The screen flickered and I powered it down. The voltage is big time off. Good luck to anyone using this board. I installed my Asus 980a mobo and I am just darn lucky I didn't burn my cpu.
    Intel System

Hi, I have some questions about some of the BIOS settings on this board and the manual did not answer my questions. Online information sort of gave me conflicting information as well. I am kind of a noob about these types of issues in the bios and foxconn really did not provide a very good explanation in their reply to my questions. Can anyone answer these questions for me at a basic level?

I have 8GB of crucial ballistix ram installed. The specs of the ram are: Timings - 4,4,4,12; Voltage 2.0; DDR2 800 mhz.

In the BIOS the system memory speed value shows 400mhz even if I set the memory to DDR2 800mhz in the bios. Shouldn't this read 800mhz?

Should I manually set the memory speed to DDR2 800 mhz or leave it at AUTO? Is the BIOS correctly identifying my ram type and speed?

The DRAM voltage settings defaulted to 1.8267V the target voltage was also 1.8267V and the current voltage was 1.8080V. Why is the motherboard not auto detecting the voltage at 2.0V?

If I manually increased the voltage to 2.0093V and it put the current voltage at 1.9840V. If I go up to the next voltage setting of 2.0550V then the current voltage goes over to 2.0320V. I cannot get to 2.0000V exactly. Is it best to use the 2.0093V so that the current voltage reads 1.9840V or can I safely use the 2.0550V and have the ram over by .032V?

If I leave the ram timings to AUTO setting, will it autodetect the correct timings (4-4-4-12) or should I set the ram timings to 4-4-4-12 manually?

The Crucial Ballistix are supposed to have the EEP SLI stuff and when I POST the BIOS reports that SLI memory is detected. When I change the SLI ready memory setting in the bios from disabled the only option I have is CPU 0%, there is no CPU Max setting. Should I leave this at disabled? Why is there no CPU max and all I have is CPU 0%?

If I set the AMD K8 Cool & Quiet Control to enabled (or auto cannot remember the setting exactly) it always goes back to disabled. DOes this motherboard with the Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition not support cool & quiet?

Thanks for your time.

Rick
    Phenom II X4 940 B.E.; Foxconn Destroyer; 8GB Crucial Ballistix; WD Caviar Black 1 TB x 2; Windows 7 Pro

Xtreme Member
    I am sure alot of guys would agree with this that it is better to manually set the ram in the bios for the most part. I would manually set it at 4-4-4-12 even though it detects it at that. Get the ram as close as possible to the right voltage. It's not going to hurt it to run it at 2.0320V.
    Intel System

Ok, thanks for the help.

How come the system is showing 400mhz instead of the 800mhz it should be at?
    Phenom II X4 940 B.E.; Foxconn Destroyer; 8GB Crucial Ballistix; WD Caviar Black 1 TB x 2; Windows 7 Pro

Xtreme Addict
    its prob just the div. 400

works out to 800mhz wth ddr2 ok

just like 233 or 333

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Has anyone else tried the new P15 BIOS? Is there a voltage problem with it?

Not at least with my Phenom II 940, but in fact the P15 does not change anything that matters, very dissappointing.

Not being able to adjust the NB multi is a huge problem (for non-black edition processors), but it's not the only one.

I've recently discovered that the FSB defaults back to 200MHz if you allow the system to drop into S3 sleep mode (S1 sleep works fine).

Is there a better way to get in touch with Foxconn than these forums? They've made a highend board that we've all payed a premium for, they're sort of obligated to make it work right!

*bump*

Still waiting for a response from Foxconn.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Leapo View Post
    They've made a highend board that we've all payed a premium for, they're sort of obligated to make it work right!
    same i think too.
    the destroyer-support is really strange...

wont buy a new foxconn under these conditions
    Last edited by AWOS74; 06-01-2009 at 02:36 AM.

Xtreme Member
    i can not say much about the destroyer
    but am building up a list for the bios people to work on
    but i will say the destroyer was not made for phenom II they came out over 6mouths after the board was release
    so i think it doing very very well to support them cpu

i would say the board was a good gamer board but never a good overclocking board
    and you dont want to know what i think of nvidia lol
    but please be nice and give me the list of bug or problem you have and i will try to get them fixed
    but like i said for blackops am working on 1 board at a time so we get each board bios to a good standed if i try to get all board fixed none will get fixed

thanks

Xtreme Addict
    something simple as cpu nb controls multi and volts

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Xtreme Member
    i like how you think its simple lol
    as long as the support in the board is there then yes ok i will request it.

but if the board does not have the support i will say
    thanks

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by msimax View Post
    i wouldnt buy this motherboard theres no support for it ,no matter how nice it is the bios is still stuck in the past. worst case scenario get the asus m3n deluxe not the crosshair board, bios's are stil popping out for board or get the rebranded 980a still i would get this board. when you have a support thread and ppl have been crying out for this 1 feature and they get ignored its not good

they should just come out and say are board cant do it or our bios engineer's dont know how to emplement it saves a lot of thread posts
    i never said it was simple but if they cant do it just say so and dont beat around da bush

4x1gig 8500 gkill bpk
    2x opteron 8224 @ 3.8ghz
    vga= 8800gt
    winxp pro

custom chiller -31 water
    2x dtek fuzions
    antec 850 quattro

Xtreme Member
    i never said it was simple but if they cant do it just say so and dont beat around da bush
    be nice as say stuff like that will get you nothing from me.
    i said i will find out.

but you did say as "simple as "

thanks

Lord Trident, Could we pretty please with sugar on top get NB multi and NB Voltage controls?
    AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6Ghz
    Foxxconn Destroyer (Bios P14)
    2X2Gb Ocz Reaper 1066 @ 533Mhz
    36Gb Raptor + 250Gb WD SATA II + 2x WD Black 1TB
    XFX 8800GTS 320MB SLI
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750
    ZALMAN 9900
    ANTEC NINE HUNDRED

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast