Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Why banned from news forums for editing tags?

Banned
    Oh, and notice the "Hannah Montana" tag. Most epic thing ever.

In case anybody thinks I'm not a net force for good on Xtremesystems I'd like to point out a glaring grammar mistake near the top of the front page of the web site (not the forums).

"Xtreme Systems Is The World Renown Social Network For Computing Without Limits!!!"

That underlined word should be Renowned

Last edited by DeepThought86; 06-12-2008 at 11:45 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Omastar View Post
    Oh, and notice the "Hannah Montana" tag. Most epic thing ever.
    LOL That tag is funny.

The link in your Sig is down though.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I seriously did not know whether or not Charles was kidding to begin with. I had to convince myself that he was

Oh and on a side note...

Shucks...

I told my self to post yesterday, now here I am stuck all the way on page 5 ...

Nevertheless...

Last edited by .Logic; 06-12-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought86 View Post
    A permanent ban--no, exile is a better word--from the news forum isn't minor!!!! It's the kind of thing that makes carefree happy-go-lucky men into constipated thread-crapping sociopaths. It's taking a heck of a lot of willpower for me to not go and PM Shintai with rude comments about his sphincter and a Skulltrail board...

Besides, what do I have to lose anyway? Wait, don't answer that
    you could have waited a few days, then pm'd a mod with something like "i've seen the error of my ways, could you please reconsider the ban and think about a temporary one instead as a second chance?"
    or, you could have bought a get out of jail card by sending Movieman a Quadcore

but instead you spawned this thread, sure makes for a good read at work and a laugh or two... but didn't really help your cause.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    In case anybody thinks I'm not a net force for good on Xtremesystems I'd like to point out a glaring grammer mistake near the top of the front page of the web site (not the forums).

"Xtreme Systems Is The World Renown Social Network For Computing Without Limits!!!"

That underlined word should be Renowned

I will resist pointing out your glaring spelling mistake

/me reads thread with amusement
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    This is the last straw Dave, If I find out it was you, you are gone.
    Movieman doesn't have to take this crap! You can't give him the boot , because .... well ... he QUITS! Yeah thats right! You won't have Dave to kick around anymore!

... No need to thank me Dave. Someone had to stick up for you. Good luck in your next mod job.
    Sourcing parts for a mildly over clocked abacus.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Who was it that banned deepthought86 from the news forum? Was it, Movieman? Officer Barbrady? Mr Garrison? The 1991 Denver Broncos?

Use the power of your CPU and GPU to contribute to science! Become a member of one of the most competitive teams in the world of distributed computing, help find cures for diseases and various other charitable scientific causes. It's as simple as running a program! Go visit the World Community Grid and Folding at Home Forums for more information on these projects. CRUNCH 'N FOLD!

Quote Originally Posted by s1nykuL View Post
    I will resist pointing out your glaring spelling mistake

/me reads thread with amusement
    Really? I thought his GRAMMAR was great.

Admin
    Finally back on the forum and it was me (looks like some members know staff well ) who banned you for 5 days removed News access.

First things first about your tags.

1) You posted them 5-12-2008, at which point they were logged and deleted.

2) Then you posted them again on 5-13-2008, at which point they were logged and deleted.

3) Then, 4 hours later on 5-13-2008, you posted them AGAIN. At which point they were logged and deleted (yet again).

4) At this point, we (staff) had a fairly long log of tag abuse but were unsure what to do in terms of punishment.
    4a) When we (staff) finally settled on a system for dealing with it, it was at the time that PMs/User CP/etc were broken. Giving profile infractions (what we do now) was impossible.

5) It has nothing to do with any sort of bias. Every questionable tag we've had the ability to log, has been logged. There's probably more AMD-bashing than anything else really (other than straight up flaming, maybe).

Now about your punishment:

1) You're not the only one with News section access revoked.

2) You were certainly not the only one temp banned.

3) You were not contacted for a warning due to forum problems. And due to the quantity inappropriate tags, you were past the point of receiving just a warning anyway.

4) Who said you were permanently removed from News? Just because we don't have the ability to have it show "You will see the Xtreme News section in xxx days" doesn't mean you were permanently removed.

Since we've clamped down, tags have mostly remained clean and have become a useful search tool. Abusing them is worse than trolling a thread. It's an attempt to dismantle a forum feature.

*scurries to hard-delete the tags in this thread pretending they didn't happen*

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post

2) Then you posted them again on 5-13-2008, at which point they were logged and deleted.

3) Then, 4 hours later on 5-13-2008, you posted them AGAIN. At which point they were logged and deleted (yet again).
    wow. what a putz clearly cant learn
    DNA = Design Not Accident
    DNA = Darwin Not Accurate

heatware / ebay
    HARDWARE I only own Xeons, Extreme Editions & Lian Li's
    https://prism-break.org/

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Finally back on the forum and it was me (looks like some members know staff well ) who banned you for 5 days removed News access.

4) At this point, we (staff) had a fairly long log of tag abuse but were unsure what to do in terms of punishment.
    4a) When we (staff) finally settled on a system for dealing with it, it was at the time that PMs/User CP/etc were broken. Giving profile infractions (what we do now) was impossible.

5) It has nothing to do with any sort of bias. Every questionable tag we've had the ability to log, has been logged. There's probably more AMD-bashing than anything else really (other than straight up flaming, maybe).

Now about your punishment:

1) You're not the only one with News section access revoked.

2) You were certainly not the only one temp banned.

3) You were not contacted for a warning due to forum problems. And due to the quantity inappropriate tags, you were past the point of receiving just a warning anyway.

4) Who said you were permanently removed from News? Just because we don't have the ability to have it show "You will see the Xtreme News section in xxx days" doesn't mean you were permanently removed.

Since we've clamped down, tags have mostly remained clean and have become a useful search tool. Abusing them is worse than trolling a thread. It's an attempt to dismantle a forum feature.

*scurries to hard-delete the tags in this thread pretending they didn't happen*
    Well at least my name is cleared and I don't have to go to OC whatever looking for a Mod position..
    Ya hear that Charles, I was framed, framed do ya hear me..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
    My money's on Vapor. He's got the quickest ban finger in all of the wild west!

I win .
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    I am tempted to add the tag "tag abuse". But perhaps I should just keep my head down
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Admin
    Oh, and the cowardly fanboi mod still hasn't owned up to who he is!
    This is such a foolish statement.

My buddy Eric is anything but cowardly. He just told me a couple of days ago he beat up his little sister.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    This is such a foolish statement.

My buddy Eric is anything but cowardly. He just told me a couple of days ago he beat up his little sister.
    Nothing wrong with that. I beat up my sister plenty of times. She now appreciates it. She can lift me off the ground (75kg) and can handle herself.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Couple thoughts on Vapor for the OP and for the rest here also.
    Vapor is probably the hardest working guy on this site.
    He is my main "go to" guy if I need something done.
    He always gets done what I need and always with a smile and a good attitude.
    When the spammers hit us BAD here one night it was just he and I on that could deal with them.
    For 20 mins we were going as fast as possible to rid this placed of these scum.
    I spend a lot of time on the forum due to my life situation so maybe I see things that many don't here.
    This place would be a far lesser place without Vapor and that's no BS.
    As to the OP, you couldn't carry Vapor's jockstrap let alone fill his shoes.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    As to the OP, you couldn't carry Vapor's jockstrap let alone fill his shoes.
    Who the heck is OP? I wouldn't carry anyones jock strap.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
    Naah--- no lock on this one. Too much good carma is flowing.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Who the heck is OP? I wouldn't carry anyones jock strap.

Naah--- no lock on this one. Too much good carma is flowing.
    OP= Thread originator, and as to carrying a jockstrap, an old expression my friend, meaning that the guy,well, you figure it out..
    And my Texas friend, that's 'Karma" not carma!

Aussie God
    Quote Originally Posted by M.Beier View Post
    Nah, Runmc aint giving random bans, thats Vapor & Kunaak's job...

I nailed it, weeee

No hard feelings about infractions
    Competition ranking;
    2005; Netbyte, Karise/Denmark #1 @ PiFast
    2008; AOCM II, Minfeld/Germany #2 @ 01SE/AM3/8M (w. Oliver)
    2009; AMD-OC, Viborg/Denmark #2 @ max freq Gigabyte TweaKING, Paris/France #4 @ 32M/01SE (w. Vanovich)
    2010: Gigabyte P55, Hamburg/Germany #6 @ wprime 1024/SPI 1M (w. THC) AOCM III, Minfeld/Germany #6 @ 01SE/AM3/1M/8M (w. NeoForce)

Spectating;
    2010; GOOC 2010 Many thanks to Gigabyte!

Wanna Pull My Finger?
    i've never seen Vapor do any thing random or without cause. From reading the entire thread it sounds like the punishment is just.
    Donate to Xtreme Systems!

Now Showing:
    Gigabyte x48-DQ6, Q6600,OCZ 1066 Reapers,2 750gb seagate 7200.11 hd, BFG 8800GTS 512,PC P&C 750 Quad psu, 24" Sceptre lcd, Antec 900

my wife's system now!
    Intel C2D 6400, Zotac Matx mobo, 1gb kingston mem, Nvidia 7050, I Feel really Good now!
    Jon C2D 6600 Zotac mobo 1gb mem............................................... ................. HTPC qx6700@3.0ghz
    Annabelle Amd 3800+@2.4ghz, Biostar mobo, 1gb ocz pc4500 beta's................. Optyx2 opty165@ 2.1 ghz

'Want a real high?
    Come crunch WCG and you'll feel like your on QuadCaine"

First loops are like first sex, all hands and thumbs till you figure out what goes where, then it's what ever works best for you.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    OP= Thread originator
    how do you get T & O words to be OP=

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] mysticmerlin View Post
    Hey who are you?? your an impersonator!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] mysticmerlin View Post
    Because I do and thats all that matters so there!
    HMM, just remembered, you...ahh..
    Last edited by Movieman; 06-13-2008 at 11:44 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast