Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why banned from news forums for editing tags?

^^^ Seriously.... dude. When i have a problem/request, and its damned rare I do, I PM staff. End of. I don't go aorund attacking staff just for kicks. And neither do most of the folks here. So my advice to you is get a big Mug of it.

PS: Your 'blogsite' 'deepthought86' is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post

Now you've really hurt my feelings and shown me the error of my ways with your mature comment

Quote Originally Posted by DeepThought86 View Post
    Now you've really hurt my feelings and shown me the error of my ways with your mature comment
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?u=43619

^^ You advertise it here, yet it hasn't been updated since July 2007?

BTW I love this.... "Deep Thought 86: thinking ahead so you don’t have to!"

I love that. I really do!!!!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    NO! See my earlier post in this thread, I totally agree it's silly and immature (although I was greatly amused by it ).

My beef is that a perma-ban from the news forum, with no warning, from an anonymous mod is out of line when much more serious things happen (are happening as we speak in some news threads). My contention is that the mod did so out of fanboi'ism rather than evenhandedness which is why he has been too afraid to own up. If he was justified wouldn't he have chimed in already? Or was it part of some secret tag abuse crackdown week and my keyboard was in the wrong place at the wrong time?
    Grow up.

In your own words, mods are not infallible. This means, shock horror, that they're going to miss things sometimes. They're not perfect, and you can't expect to run the argument that "what I did wasn't as bad as XYZ so I don't deserve to be punished'. In the first place, there is a report post button for a reason. It is the responsibility of everyone to report out-of-line posts, the mods are not here to change your nappies for you. If you want clean forums you have to work for it as well, seeing as there are about 10 or so active mods yet 76,241 XS members - you cannot in all seriousness expect them to keep the forums squeaky clean without a little help.

Secondly, the rules are not relative. If you break them and you are caught you can expect a punishment. It is completely irrelevant that someone else didn't get caught - because the idiot who pulled out in front of you didn't indicate, does that mean that you don't have to either?

While the punishment is determined by the mod in question, I in no way see this as unjust. You abused a feature, so you were banned from accessing that feature. Tough.

And lastly, to top it off, you don't have a public whinge unless it's absolutely necessary. If, for example, you brought this up with an admin and they told you to **** off. That sort of issue deserves a public comment thread, because the rest of the forum deserves to know. If you think we're even remotely interested in reading your pathetic drivel about how the XS mods are oh so terrible, how they're abusing their power, how you've been most awfully slighted, then you need to take a serious reality check. You abused a public feature and crapped on a thread. You got banned from that feature and got sat in the corner for a few days. How peculiar.

Dave & nameless mod, I've been here. I mod/admin a couple other forums around the wobble, just rest assured that your work is appreciated and we're most of us right behind you when you have to do what you have to do to control a problem member.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Grow up.

In your own words, mods are not infallible. This means, shock horror, that they're going to miss things sometimes. They're not perfect, and you can't expect to run the argument that "what I did wasn't as bad as XYZ so I don't deserve to be punished'. In the first place, there is a report post button for a reason. It is the responsibility of everyone to report out-of-line posts, the mods are not here to change your nappies for you. If you want clean forums you have to work for it as well, seeing as there are about 10 or so active mods yet 76,241 XS members - you cannot in all seriousness expect them to keep the forums squeaky clean without a little help.

Secondly, the rules are not relative. If you break them and you are caught you can expect a punishment. It is completely irrelevant that someone else didn't get caught - because the idiot who pulled out in front of you didn't indicate, does that mean that you don't have to either?

While the punishment is determined by the mod in question, I in no way see this as unjust. You abused a feature, so you were banned from accessing that feature. Tough.

And lastly, to top it off, you don't have a public whinge unless it's absolutely necessary. If, for example, you brought this up with an admin and they told you to **** off. That sort of issue deserves a public comment thread, because the rest of the forum deserves to know. If you think we're even remotely interested in reading your pathetic drivel about how the XS mods are oh so terrible, how they're abusing their power, how you've been most awfully slighted, then you need to take a serious reality check. You abused a public feature and crapped on a thread. You got banned from that feature and got sat in the corner for a few days. How peculiar.

Dave & nameless mod, I've been here. I mod/admin a couple other forums around the wobble, just rest assured that your work is appreciated and we're most of us right behind you when you have to do what you have to do to control a problem member.
    I'm too lazy to reply to each of your points

But I'd like to present you with the "kissup of the year" award. If you ever become a mod yourself I'm glad to know you'll deal with dangerous thought-corrupting people like me in an appropriate way

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I'm too lazy to reply to each of your points

But I'd like to present you with the "kissup of the year" award.
    Proving beyond anything I could ever point out your level of maturity.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Proving beyond anything I could ever point out your level of maturity.
    I thought by now my level of maturity was beyond doubt?

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Maybe you need another vacation so you can go back to pre-school and learn how to respect one another's opinions with out the flame baiting.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ Maybe a few more tags just to prove your intellect.
    Last edited by [XC] mysticmerlin; 06-12-2008 at 05:09 AM.

Attack Dachshund
    from The Green Mile:

"I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker. "

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB12 View Post
    from The Green Mile:

"I think this boy's cheese has done slid off his cracker. "
    The elevator doesn't reach the top floor? Not playing with a full deck of cards?

Admin
    Wow this thread is still alive at 4:55am. Somehow my mod privileges haven't updated yet, maybe the database is slow?

In related news, the Dual Core Kuma cancelled thread is hot and heavy with personal insults and insinuations, but that's ok. Just don't touch the tags boys!

Oh, and the cowardly fanboi mod still hasn't owned up to who he is!

I think I'll go drown my sorrows with some passive-aggressive flame wars in the Intel forums. E8400 deterioration thread here I come...
    Just to help you narrow down your search, I thought I'd let you know that mods can't ban. Only Admin with red or orange titles can ban.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Legend
    watches Ron's finger hovering over ban button
    muhahahaha muhahahahaha
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

XS News
    Fugger was joking right?
    RIP Dad. I will miss you always.

Q6600,DFI X48 T2R,280 GTX,4gig ReaperX,XiFi Prelude,LL TYR PC X-2000,Westinghouse 37,Klipsch 5.1 Ultra

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    He was serious.
    He just told me that he's thinking about firing all the current team and run the place on his own with a little help from DeepThought86
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Love will tear us apart
    Quote Originally Posted by chunkylover77 View Post
    Fugger was joking right?
    I think it's safe to assume yes.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtreme Cruncher
    My money's on Vapor. He's got the quickest ban finger in all of the wild west!

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post
    Haha nah Fugger is a really nice guy. I got to meet him at CES.
    Haha I know... I was just joking. Fugger couldn't scare a fly .... except maybe with LN2.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Grow up.

Very well said and Thank you.
    Another point needs to be made here. The mods and admin here are all volunteers who give their time. We are forum members that love the hobby just as the rest here do.
    I have many days that when I login to the forum it may be 1-2 hours of answering PM's, tossing spammers, modding reported posts before I get to look at the forum myself for my interests. This isn't a complaint, just a statement of fact. I don't mind this work as I love the guys here and also the forum for what it brings to us all.
    BUT that time does have a cost, you are trying to help people and keep the forum from being a flamefest and there are times when you may act too fast and find out later that you made a mistake. We are all human but as I mentioned earlier we all work with good intentions.
    There is no mod or admin here that goes looking to start a fight, just the opposite, we only interfere to stop them.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
    My money's on Vapor. He's got the quickest ban finger in all of the wild west!

Haha I know... I was just joking. Fugger couldn't scare a fly .... except maybe with LN2.
    Nah, if it were Vapor, the guy would have to go through 3 anonymous proxy servers just to look at the site.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    ^^^ Seriously.... dude. When i have a problem/request, and its damned rare I do, I PM staff. End of. I don't go aorund attacking staff just for kicks. And neither do most of the folks here. So my advice to you is get a big Mug of it.

Isnt it against the rules to link to your own website unless its done under the edit details.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Royal Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Just to help you narrow down your search, I thought I'd let you know that mods can't ban. Only Admin with red or orange titles can ban.
    But he got banned from the News section, which is something super moderators (orange) and moderators (black) can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt.Planet View Post
    Isnt it against the rules to link to your own website unless its done under the edit details.
    Technically speaking you have to request an exception to have a link in your sig to a website that isn't an explicit (or maybe inplicit) partner of XS. So for example a HWBOT link would be considered ok. Now if I had a link to say 'www.GaySystems.org/forums' in my sig then I would be breaking rules if i did not request prior from Admin (gaysystems.org probably resolves back to [h]ardforums /viscious rumour/ ). Now I would imagine that the spirit of the sig rule carries over also to permanent XS realestate like profile comments etc.

Xtreme n00berclocker
    Technically speaking you have to request an exception to have a link in your sig to a website that isn't an explicit (or maybe inplicit) partner of XS. So for example a HWBOT link would be considered ok. Now if I had a link to say 'www.GaySystems.org/forums' in my sig then I would be breaking rules if i did not request prior from Admin (gaysystems.org probably resolves back to [h]ardforums /viscious rumour/ ). Now I would imagine that the spirit of the sig rule carries over also to permanent XS realestate like profile comments etc.
    Yea apparently hes breaking another rule it looks like according to rule 4.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rules thread

4. We do not permit advertising of any kind.
    This includes offering items for sale or trade (other than in the Classifieds). Posting to your homepage, an eBay URL, a URL to another site, or announcements of new sites. This applies equally to commercial and private sites/ads. This is also not to happen within user signatures. Links to deals available online are to be posted only in Online Deals & Sales. The only allowed links in a signature will be links directly related to XtremeSystems, Xtreme D2OL, Xtreme Folding@Home and XtremeSystems affiliated website or organization. If you wish to link to your site, you may do so in your usercp which links in every post you make.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Love will tear us apart
    (gaysystems.org probably resolves back to [h]ardforums /viscious rumour/
    Excellent comic relief!
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

Xtremely unstable
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I love the guys here...
    *slowly backs away from Dave*
    dx58so
    w3520@4100
    4x1gb corsair ddr3-1333
    gtx 295
    TR ultra-x, 2 scythe ultrakaze push/pull
    xclio stablepower 1000
    vista ultimate

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -------------------------------

would you crunch if you thought it would save her life?

maybe it will!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast