Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1572

Thread: Nehalem-EP......BLOOMFIELD

Xtreme Recruit
    sounds like a winner mainstream part, intel did a very smart move makin PCH only on MB and
    NB built on die of Cpu..

its very tempting to get a bloomfield but if thats gonna cost alot i see lynnfield as a winner

I am Xtreme

Intel lengthens first-gen 'Nehalem' CPU shelf life?

Quote Originally Posted by Register Hardware
    A report on Japanese-language site PCWatch has the gen. It shows Intel's second-gen desktop Nehalem, codenamed 'Lynnfield', appearing in H2 2009, probably in the third quarter of the year.

Lynnfield was first roadmapped for an H1 2009 release. It's a quad-core part and incorporates HyperThreading to allow it to appear to an operating system as eight cores. It has 8MB of L2 cache and supports DDR 3.
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/06...oadmap_update/
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by JCornell View Post
    It's for temporary I think ... until they releases the Logo for Xeon.
    Not to mention "if" Gainestown will part of Xeon category
    Well, the Xeon logo has stayed practically the same between generations, NetBurst, Conroe, Penryn, duo or quad.. So I'd expect them to leave it.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Absolutely! Remeber that odl thread where I tried to say better performance will make some folks forget about extreme overclocking?

Not being able to overclock like Phenom, I doubt and 2.66GHz is already as fast as a 3 to 3.2GHz Penryn in many cases (what I'm told) so even at stock and less than $300, who cares?
    how about a 3gig nehalem compared to a 4.2penryn in games supporting only two cores?
    seems like phenom vs x2 to me, and this is intels first shot at integrated memory controllers... shouldnt that mean more heat, more die size, and less ocing headroom?
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

Quote Originally Posted by Newblar View Post
    how about a 3gig nehalem compared to a 4.2penryn in games supporting only two cores?
    seems like phenom vs x2 to me, and this is intels first shot at integrated memory controllers... shouldnt that mean more heat, more die size, and less ocing headroom?
    I realize this is outside your 3GHz to 4.2GHz example but, I hear they've demoed nehalem running air cooled @ ~4GHz which theoretically would make it slightly faster then a 4.2GHz penryn running even a two core game (and defiantly faster with software that can use more cores).

Now, if you bring price into the picture the penryn may equate to cheaper performance

I am Xtreme
    Don't know! I bought a Wolfdale because I use more Single and Dual threads than 4 or more. I don't multitask because there are 4 computers in my home. If I had a need for 4 cores like many others here do I'd get one. I try to buy the right tool to fit my use pattern.

More heat, but also more surface area to remove the heat. It is a lot larger than Penryn and thank goodness, no more Hot North Bridges to deal with. Like now. My Wolfdale is running at 30C and the North Bridge is at 42C. But one thing to consider here. Once that part (NB) of the processor is made with a better process and shrank down the 45nm don't expect it to run at 42C.
    Last edited by Donnie27; 08-29-2008 at 07:47 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cryomonkey View Post
    I realize this is outside your 3GHz to 4.2GHz example but, I hear they've demoed nehalem running air cooled @ ~4GHz which theoretically would make it slightly faster then a 4.2GHz penryn running even a two core game (and defiantly faster with software that can use more cores).

Now, if you bring price into the picture the penryn may equate to cheaper performance
    gotta LINK?
    4.0ghz nehalem is the amd killar
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

I am Xtreme
    gotta LINK?
    4.0ghz nehalem is the amd killar
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/int...ield,5968.html

According to several of our sources, Intel is well on its way with silicon yield, and early samples confirm this. With our own sample in house, we were able to overclock our samples by nearly 1 GHz. What are the performance figures for a quad-core Nehalem system running at nearly 4 GHz? We’ll come back with more as soon as we develop a viable suite of benchmarks to show some real-world gaming and productivity performance.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Mmm....4Ghz and counting.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Wuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Sweet now i wanna see dual gainestown ocing results!
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Does anybody have everest memory bandwidth tests with Nehalem and that 3-channel DDR3?

http://mato78.com - Finnish PC Hardware news & reviews
    BulldogPO @ Twitter

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    If Tom's Hardware can get 4000 then one of the guys here can top 5000..
    Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    Sweet now i wanna see dual gainestown ocing results!
    yea, me too and for more reasons than you know.
    I have a request in for one of those boards to review..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Wuf
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post

You're not the only one who works for a hw site and writes reviews
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    You're not the only one who works for a hw site and writes reviews
    The best of luck to you!
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Member
    so what do you guys think a crossfire 4850 setup, 4gb of DDR3, and nehalem cpu/mobo would cost?
    around $1,500 USD?
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat

I am Xtreme
    so what do you guys think a crossfire 4850 setup, 4gb of DDR3, and nehalem cpu/mobo would cost?
    around $1,500 USD?
    It should still come down to what features you want? If the board looks like a Gigabyte DS4 you have one price, if it looks like an Asus MaximumPrice might be $450. Motherboards are the only unknown part of the equation. I think Crossfire 4850s might be under $300 by the 4th Quarter. Mine was $170 shipped. If I trusted rebates, I could have gotten it for about $150.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme

QFT! Got the wife an 8GB iPhone for our 25th Anniversary, it is Silver LOL!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Mentor
    QFT!!! No doubt!
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

intel Ganestown rely worth it? rely worth the upgrade (CPU / memory / etc) ? i hear that Desktop Nehalem will lunch in November... but wath about the Xeon Ganestown ? I'm consideing in buying a nice gift before Xmass.
    I wold rather buy dual Ganestown , bether value in time
    ------ NO SIGNATURE ------

Xtreme Member
    Dell will release their new PowerEdge R710 Server based on dual gainestown in november. So maybe a launch in October should be possible. Nehalem is always worth the upgrade.

cu, BitpowerPM
    PC: Asus DSGC-DW, Dual Intel Xeon E5345, 4x1 GB FB-DIMM DDR2-667, 4x250 GB RAID10 + 250 GB backup, 8800 GT -.-
    PC: Intel P4C 2,4 @ 3,0 GHz, 2 GB DDR400, GF FX5900 XT (477/777 MHz), 320 GB disk space
    Server: Intel PM 745 1,8 @ 2,4 GHz, 256 MB DDR-266, onboard i855GME graphics, 200 GB disk space ^^
    Notebook: Intel PM 735, 1 GB DDR333, Radeon 9650, 80 GB disk space

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by BitpowerPM View Post
    Dell will release their new PowerEdge R710 Server based on dual gainestown in november. So maybe a launch in October should be possible. Nehalem is always worth the upgrade.

cu, BitpowerPM
    Hey, I heard this too!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogPO View Post
    Does anybody have everest memory bandwidth tests with Nehalem and that 3-channel DDR3?
    Everest is not a hard mountain to claimb any more!!!!

<== you when you see the OC memory results!

hahhhaa .. just teasing!

Xtreme Member
    @Drwho?

you mention before that some DDR3 memory makers are not following the proper reference/guidelines in their DDR3 modules do you have list to those manufacturers that follow the reference/guidelines ?

and also is it possible that those memory makers that follow the reference/guidelines has a more capable Modules specially when overclocking

thanks for the reply I am setting up a built for Nehalem so i need a little info,
    planing to wait for the Asus ROG x58 board but if other board makers step up to the plate
    I will consider them as well the more the merrier
    In progress......

Xtreme Enthusiast
    @ anyone

I have a question about tri-channel memory. Since we all know that Nehalem will allow for 32GB/s of memory bandwidth in tri-channel mode (assuming three sticks of DDR3 1333MHz @ 10.6GB/s each), will it also be possible to run 32GB/s in dual-channel with two sticks of DDR3 2000MHz (16GB/s each)?

The reason I ask is because DDR3 2000MHz sticks are still pricey, and I was wondering if I could get two now and wait for a third down the road.
    EVGA X58 SLI Classified E759 Limited Edition
    Intel Core i7 Extreme 980X Gulftown six-core
    Thermalright TRUE Copper w/ 2x Noctua NF-P12s (push-pull)
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 590 Classified [Quad-SLI]
    6GB Mushkin XP Series DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20
    SilverStone Strider ST1500 1500W
    OCZ RevoDrive 3 240GB 1.0GB/s PCI-Express SSD
    Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional / Logitech G51 5.1 Surround
    SilverStone Raven RV02
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 RTM

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by AuDioFreaK39 View Post
    @ anyone

I have a question about tri-channel memory. Since we all know that Nehalem will allow for 32GB/s of memory bandwidth in tri-channel mode (assuming three sticks of DDR3 1333MHz @ 10.6GB/s each), will it also be possible to run 32GB/s in dual-channel with two sticks of DDR3 2000MHz (16GB/s each)?

The reason I ask is because DDR3 2000MHz sticks are still pricey, and I was wondering if I could get two now and wait for a third down the road.
    I don't think so..That's think not know.
    I think it will run at 2/3 of max with 2 sticks and remember, this was designed for DDR3-1333 not 2000.. You may get better than 2/3 of max but I don't think you will get the full benefit without using 3 sticks..

Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 364344454647484956 ... LastLast