Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast

Thread: Nehalem-EP......BLOOMFIELD

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    oh my friend, if you haven't decided on a career yet definately study to be a diplomat.
    Damn, that was good..
    QFT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Not even close to being the same. Only a few folks thought 3GHz would be the norm for Barcelona, while most folks think 2.66GHz Nehalem is way under clocked.
    this is funny, so because people THINK differently about these chips than the amd ones, just cause of that they will OC like mad? I'm sure they will, they are intel, but ur sole reason is what people r thinking?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    your point being?

i dont see any relevance with this, and the thing i posted...
    maybe you should become politician, they also start talking about something else....
    You don't see any relevance because it suits your position to ignore the relevance.
    The relevance is that your saying "show me" clocks over 3000mhz on Nehalem.
    My point is and was that if I could clock the clovers way beyond what was seen at the start of release on them then certainly others with greater skills than myself are clocking Nehalem to over 3000mhz and screen shots I've seen bear out my point.
    Nehalem has been run to over 3000mhz even if you haven't seen it yourself.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    thats not 3.2GHZ+, but doesnt matter

i dont have any doubt i believe nehalem will OC pretty nicely, my point was just that sometimes not all our dreams or hopes come true, remember phenom....
    but some people don't even bother to read that, they just make fun of someone's opinion, even an XS moderator, retardation of society i think
    I get what you're saying, you're seeing it from a Phenom prospective, AMD hoodwinked folks. Maybe you're thinking Intel will do the same, that's possible but not likely. The problem is Intel can be scumbags enough to do it but because it is not in their best interests, more than likely they'll not! Sure if Intel needed to, they lie or try to pull a fast one just like AMD did.

The first Spec test exposed K-10 BTW. "AMD was already faster at that test". Overclocking isn't about a dream come true. It's about credible folks getting their hands on them and passing on that info. MovieMan was trusted before he became a Mod and folks like FuD have proven that they can't be trusted.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Sz View Post
    this is funny, so because people THINK differently about these chips than the amd ones, just cause of that they will OC like mad? I'm sure they will, they are intel, but ur sole reason is what people r thinking?
    Unlike with AMD, folks think after testing and research then come to a conclusion. Many folks here broke records overclocking all kinds of AMD processors. They're not Fanboys because they are now doing the same with Intel processors. If that still was the case (out of nowhere comes great overclocking and performing AMD processors), there'd be a lot less Intel sensationalism and more folks on the AMD side of the forum. Yes I said think, I do mean thinking clearly with an open mind.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Xtreme Monster
    The top players who are holding it, officially can not leak anything related to overclocking at an early stage, current Intel X processors sales would suffer a lot due of the act.

Quote Originally Posted by Intel's vice president Mentzer
    There's a very small segment that just love to play with this stuff. They're very important to us because they are also the people who set the tone for what they think is a good chipset.
    Source

So Intel has clearly decided to embrace the overcloking, no sense would make if they leave this part of the market out. This is a cheap marketing strategy. Nehalem extreme versions will fly.

Metroid.

Banned
    You don't see any relevance because it suits your position to ignore the relevance.
    The relevance is that your saying "show me" clocks over 3000mhz on Nehalem.
    My point is and was that if I could clock the clovers way beyond what was seen at the start of release on them then certainly others with greater skills than myself are clocking Nehalem to over 3000mhz and screen shots I've seen bear out my point.
    Nehalem has been run to over 3000mhz even if you haven't seen it yourself.
    so when someone says there is proof about 3.2ghz+ nehalems, i may not doubt him..... owkee, i get your point of view, shintai is your friend, not ask too much of him, noo, don't let him show any proof of his argument, way to go, now where not even allowed to doubt a statement

I don't even want to explain my point for the 3th time....

Xtreme Monster
    so when someone says there is proof about 3.2ghz+ nehalems, i may not doubt him..... owkee, i get your point of view, shintai is your friend, not ask too much of him, noo, don't let him show any proof of his argument, way to go, now where not even allowed to doubt a statement

We have seen Nehalem running at 3.2 right here Hexus. That would be more than enough to back up some claims around here as for the higher frequencies than this, you definitely have the right to doubt or distrust anything because no proofs have been showed of the act. If there is no proof, the claims may be personal, if the claims are personal you can distrust them, simple as that.

Metroid.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Metroid View Post
    The top players who are holding it, officially can not leak anything related to overclocking at an early stage, current Intel X processors sales would suffer a lot due of the act.

Metroid.
    That argument doesn't hold much water as this is exactly what they did for C2D with early OC leaks all over the web.

Xtreme Mentor
    Mr. Multithreaded, you'd like it or not, but you'll see Nehalem way above 3GHz as the norm. Get over it. There is no need of repeat MM's arguments again as you will never agree/accept them.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Mr. Multithreaded, you'd like it or not, but you'll see Nehalem way above 3GHz as the norm. Get over it. There is no need of repeat MM's arguments again as you will never agree/accept them.
    thats not 3.2GHZ+, but doesnt matter

i dont have any doubt i believe nehalem will OC pretty nicely, my point was just that sometimes not all our dreams or hopes come true, remember phenom....
    but some people don't even bother to read that, they just make fun of someone's opinion, even an XS moderator, retardation of society i think
    are you stupid or pretending to be?

Quote Originally Posted by LowRun View Post
    That argument doesn't hold much water as this is exactly what they did for C2D with early OC leaks all over the web.
    intel was losing in performance back then, so by releasing that stuff, some users might held back on buying A64 because the next best thing was coming, but this time they hold the performance crown, so no need for that kind of marketing, at least that is my opinion
    Last edited by GoThr3k; 06-12-2008 at 11:49 AM.

V3 Xeons coming soon!

http://img.hexus.net/v2/internationa...i/Neh2-big.jpg
    There you go and oh, yes, I do consider Shintai a friend.
    He isn't as patient as I am but then he's still in his 20's I beleive.
    He is also very sharp and knowledable on Intel products.
    He may be very straight to the point and not diplomatic but don't let that skew your view of his knowledge level.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Banned
    http://img.hexus.net/v2/internationa...i/Neh2-big.jpg
    There you go and oh, yes, I do consider Shintai a friend.
    He isn't as patient as I am but then he's still in his 20's I beleive.
    He is also very sharp and knowledable on Intel products.
    He may be very straight to the point and not diplomatic but don't let that skew your view of his knowledge level.
    i know nehalem exists at a freq of 3.2ghz, but i havent seen any higher clocked nehalems, altough i believe they do exist....
    i know shintai has a very good knowledge about stuff, altough i dont consider him as a friend
    most of the time i can agree with hem, but sometimes he's going too much to the blue side, but i respect someone's opinion (not like you)

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    i know nehalem exists at a freq of 3.2ghz, but i havent seen any higher clocked nehalems, altough i believe they do exist....
    i know shintai has a very good knowledge about stuff, altough i dont consider him as a friend
    most of the time i can agree with hem, but sometimes he's going too much to the blue side, but i respect someone's opinion (not like you)
    in posts #36,41,45 and 58 of this thread it did seem to matter to you but once shown that nehalem has been run at 3200mhz you change your tune.
    It was those posts of yours with doubts about speeds over 3000 that I was addressing and to be blunt now that you've seen it actually will do those speeds you change your tune.
    What's that line about arguing on the internet?
    Something about like being in the Special olympics.
    That's how I feel here.
    A question is asked and answered and then you get this " and your point is"
    My point is simple, the damned cpu runs over 3000..Period.
    It's now proved and your questions are answered.
    Lets move on.

Xtreme Monster
    I think that was needed at that time, AMD was on top, If Intel does the same right now many people willing to pay for an extreme version will hold on until Nehalem comes, other than that Intel could make a different strategy showing how it does overclock which I think the efforts would not bring any benefit for them.

Penryn does overclock greatly and many people know it. So if we overclock a Penryn like a QX9770, it may be possible to achieve at 5.0Ghz. That would be equal the performance of a 4.0Ghz Nehalem by my calculations. As far as we know is that Nehalem X versions will come at 3.2 but this is not yet confirmed, it may be coming with a higher frequency but not less I reckon.

It is better to gain profit now rather than later when AMD makes its marketing actions and destabilize Intel sales for something not concrete. AMD loves doing that.

There are many other reasons too like many people do not care about overclocking and buy it to leave at default frequency, some of them have in mind that Nehalem can give like 30% over Penryn but some of them can not wait, 5 months away yet. It depends the situation anyway.

I would wait to see how it overclocks, if Nehalem does not overclock well I would opt for a Q9450 given it can achieve 4.0Ghz, motherboard is another factor as well. Nehalem has good features like hyperthreading, Penryn does not. Penryn does overclock better given the circumstances that we do not know much about Nehalem's overclocking capabilities, but needs a good phase cooling. It is hard, many reasons pondering any buyer.

Metroid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    There is 2.66 and 2.93Ghz ES samples out. Plus Intel easily shows off 3.2Ghz and alot higher.
    what part of this sentence is about 3ghz? all my posts were about 3.2GHZ++++++
    second time i quote this movieman
    i never changed my tune, read my posts again...
    I know why you feel like being in the Special olympics

my point was (4th time) we should be carefull, you never know when a new phenom like thing pops up

i hate repeating myself

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    what part of this sentence is about 3ghz? all my posts were about 3.2GHZ++++++
    second time i quote this movieman
    i never changed my tune, read my posts again...
    I know why you feel like being in the Special olympics

my point was (4th time) we should be carefull, you never know when a new phenom like thing pops up

i hate repeating myself
    So do I.. Fine, it's not 3000 you were talking about it was 3200 but now you've been shown proof that the chip does 3200 so this is all done correct?
    Don't say yes, don't type anything just nod your head up and down and we will all visualise it from where ever we are.
    At this point I will politely ask that you leave this thread.
    No, not asking, saying it plain..Stay out of the thread.
    I've had enough round and round with you on this.

Banned
    So do I.. Fine, it's not 3000 you were talking about it was 3200 but now you've been shown proof that the chip does 3200 so this is all done correct?
    Don't say yes, don't type anything just nod your head up and down and we will all visualise it from where ever we are.
    At this point I will politely ask that you leave this thread.
    No, not asking, saying it plain..Stay out of the thread.
    I've had enough round and round with you on this.
    it was about 3.2GHZ+, which means anything above 3.2 ghz
    nice blackmailing with your mod power though, i just pointed out, that we have to be carefull believing it will be available at high freq speeds, remember phenom

you started laughing me in the face, and now that you can't win the argument, you start to blackmail, aren't you a fine moderator....

i don't know why you are getting pissed like that, maybe your machine isnt crunching fast enough to cure cancer, i dont know, but dont work it out on me

nice blackmailing with your mod power though, i just pointed out, that we have to be carefull believing it will be available at high freq speeds, remember phenom

you started laughing me in the face, and now that you can't win the argument, you start to blackmail, aren't you a fine moderator....

i don't know why you are getting pissed like that, maybe your machine isnt crunching fast enough to cure cancer, i dont know, but dont work it out on me

Sometimes I thin this forum is a carousel.

Xtreme Member

Typical, when you can't win you resort to personal attacks
    Main Components
    QX9650 @ 4.5GHz | Asus Maximus Formula SE | HD3870 Crossfire | 2gb Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500
    150gb Raptor X | 2x Hitachi 500gb | 2x Seagate 500gb
    Silverstone TJ-07 | Coolermaster Real Power 1000w
    EK Supreme | EK-FC3870 CF
    Thermochill PA120.3 | Thermochill PA120.2
    Swiftech MCP655

V3 Xeons coming soon!

I'm going to reply to you even though I don't think your worth my time.
    You in prior posts made reference that the cpu wouldn't or hadn't been shown to do 3000mhz, I responded that I'd seen screenshots to the contrary.
    Then you moved your point to 3200mhz and when shown by Metroid and then by myself that the chip will do 3200 you change to MORE than 3200.
    Finally after this back and forth ad nauseum I tell you to stay out of the thread as it's becoming obvious to me that all your doing is looking for an arguement, IE: Trolling the thread what do you do?
    You have to come back and open your big mouth, and to try and hurt me you toss in the comment about the machines not being fast enough to cure cancer.
    With that one statement you have shown to all the child that resides in that 20 year old body.
    Now you can take 7 days to think this over and I warn you, come back in a week and start this crap over and I'll ban your ass till the second coming of Christ!
    Yes, you pushed the wrong damned buttons my friend.
    I have a long fuse before I get pissed but you burned through all of it.
    Let it go.

Xtreme Cruncher
    GoThr3k would be a great religious leader. No matter how much proff you give he just keeps on as it isnt there
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

I am Xtreme
    You do that when you're behind as clearly Intel was then. They're out front so, no, they'd not do the same thing. Had Barcelona lived up to the hype, we'd not be having this conversation.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    I'm going to reply to you even though I don't think your worth my time.
    You in prior posts made reference that the cpu wouldn't or hadn't been shown to do 3000mhz, I responded that I'd seen screenshots to the contrary.
    Then you moved your point to 3200mhz and when shown by Metroid and then by myself that the chip will do 3200 you change to MORE than 3200.
    Finally after this back and forth ad nauseum I tell you to stay out of the thread as it's becoming obvious to me that all your doing is looking for an arguement, IE: Trolling the thread what do you do?
    You have to come back and open your big mouth, and to try and hurt me you toss in the comment about the machines not being fast enough to cure cancer.
    With that one statement you have shown to all the child that resides in that 20 year old body.
    Now you can take 7 days to think this over and I warn you, come back in a week and start this crap over and I'll ban your ass till the second coming of Christ!
    Yes, you pushed the wrong damned buttons my friend.
    I have a long fuse before I get pissed but you burned through all of it.
    Let it go.
    Totally shocking that someone would say something like that

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Remember that other thread? Here's what I saw.

http://img.hexus.net/v2/news/intel/nehalem_roadmap.png

2.66GHz Nehalem starts replacing the 9550 and when I saw it in someone's email LOL!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 1234561353 ... LastLast