Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Thread: Nehalem-EP......BLOOMFIELD

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    why bus 133mhz ?
    why not?

133 MHz is not the bus anyway, it is imply the system clock. The 'bus' as we know it for Intel will no longer exist. Any bus clock derived from this system clock is dictated by PLLs and dividers.

AMD's bus is 200 Mhz, with 133 and multipliers Intel has a little more fine granularity in the control over their processor binning.

Jack
    One hundred years from now It won't matter
    What kind of car I drove What kind of house I lived in
    How much money I had in the bank Nor what my cloths looked like.... But The world may be a little better Because, I was important In the life of a child.
    -- from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft

Xtreme Addict

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by savantu View Post
    No offense , but that's dumb.Based on a single test which doesn't touch the improvements of Nehalem , you extrapolated to a 2% gain across all apps?
    no offense but you didnt read my response to jacks answer.

I was stating what was written, and cinebench seems like a fairly good indicator of cpu performance. I was also factoring in in singlethreaded apps, the yorkfield seemed to keep pretty close to nehalem in performance, so seeing a 13% improvement on an architecture, that was designed to be fast in single threaded environments, is quite impressive, especially since it is even more apt in multithreaded environments.
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    why bus 133mhz ?
    It's the reference clock, not the bus. It's just an external clock for the processor to atune itself to.

I hope it'll be like Phenom's clocks with separate clock domains for each core and each component. Fun tweaking times ahead.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does the 1m Spi test fit entirely into any of the caches, 4,6,8mb?
    What architectural feature of Nehalem influences single threaded performance so positively in that scneario, while it does nothing for cinebench?
    Any guesses?
    Quote Originally Posted by freecableguy
    the idiots out number us 10,000:1

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    What architectural feature of Nehalem influences single threaded performance so positively in that scneario, while it does nothing for cinebench?
    Any guesses?
    what about an IMC and some shared 8MB L3 goodness

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by savantu View Post

AMD K10 has a full 3 pages of improvements over K8 and can't touch Core even with a 10 foot pole in single threaded apps.Imagine what work went into Nehalem to offer even that measly 2% in Cinebench.
    btw there might be a chance that in 64bit cinebench it is more than 2%. I just realised that nehalem has improved 64bit macro-ops fusion according to kanter's article.

-100C Club Member
    mmmm, run wprime please
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    sorry to hear about the dead cards, but.. If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.

נְפִילִים

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by JumpingJack View Post
    why not?

133 MHz is not the bus anyway, it is imply the system clock. The 'bus' as we know it for Intel will no longer exist. Any bus clock derived from this system clock is dictated by PLLs and dividers.

AMD's bus is 200 Mhz, with 133 and multipliers Intel has a little more fine granularity in the control over their processor binning.

Jack
    Exactly! In addition, it is easy to maintain a very stable clock at lower frequencies.

Here's my projections on how the clock domains will work on Nehalem...

http://www.nehalemnews.com/2008/05/e...r-domains.html

Cheers,
    -Chris.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    I've seen SS at 2667 and at 3200+ so this beast will OC.
    How it was done I don't know but I know the people that took the SS and trust them.

Hey Andre, run cinebench10 64 bit on that sucker if you can..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've seen SS at 2667 and at 3200+ so this beast will OC.
    How it was done I don't know but I know the people that took the SS and trust them.

Hey Andre, run cinebench10 64 bit on that sucker if you can..
    everyone also saw phenom at 3ghz+ before release, no guarantee for overclock

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
    No, it can't fit in 8MB and the algorithm of SPi is not designed to try to hold the data in cache.

Any guesses?
    Improved OP fusion, 33% better parallelization, better & faster cache architecture, IMCs. To see if there is difference in cinebench or not we'll have to wait for the retail CPUs and mainboards. The available test are made with a single channel memory config and with crappy memory timings.

Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    yeap, everybody saw phenom on 3GHz, but nobody was allowed to come closer to the system and not to even think about touching it. Right now there are many people who have nehalem and they are saying that it is very good and very cool OC-er.

I am Xtreme
    Not even close to being the same. Only a few folks thought 3GHz would be the norm for Barcelona, while most folks think 2.66GHz Nehalem is way under clocked. Intel showed 3.2GHz and sent out 2.66GHz ES models. The first Conroe ES processors showed up at 2.66GHz so there's nothing that's not routine here.

Oh BTW, I learned a long time ago to NOT doubt MovieMan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Not even close to being the same. Only a few folks thought 3GHz would be the norm for Barcelona, while most folks think 2.66GHz Nehalem is way under clocked. Intel showed 3.2GHz and sent out 2.66GHz ES models. The first Conroe ES processors showed up at 2.66GHz so there's nothing that's not routine here.

Oh BTW, I learned a long time ago to NOT doubt MovieMan.
    i dont doubt him

i'm just viewing it from another perspective

Xtreme Cruncher
    i dont doubt him

There is a massive difference on Intel and AMD marketing lately on that point.

There is 2.66 and 2.93Ghz ES samples out. Plus Intel easily shows off 3.2Ghz and alot higher.

AMD had what speed barcelonas out? And only 1 single 3Ghz that was basicly locked away. Not to talk about the endless FUD slides of how fast it was compared to Core 2s. 50% faster!!!

3Ghz+ is not even a challenge for Nehalems.
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    There is a massive difference on Intel and AMD marketing lately on that point.

There is 2.66 and 2.93Ghz ES samples out. Plus Intel easily shows off 3.2Ghz and alot higher.

AMD had what speed barcelonas out? And only 1 single 3Ghz that was basicly locked away. Not to talk about the endless FUD slides of how fast it was compared to Core 2s. 50% faster!!!

3Ghz+ is not even a challenge for Nehalems.
    where?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    i dont doubt him

oh my friend, if you haven't decided on a career yet definately study to be a diplomat.
    Damn, that was good..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Xtreme Cruncher
    where?
    http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/03/i...d-at-computex/

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/37781/135/

But seriously, with ES samples out at 2.93Ghz. You really have any doubt?
    Crunching for Comrades and the Common good of the People.

Xtreme Mentor
    oh my friend, if you haven't decided on a career yet definately study to be a diplomat.
    Damn, that was good..
    His perspectives are indeed interesting
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Banned

thats not 3.2GHZ+, but doesnt matter

i dont have any doubt i believe nehalem will OC pretty nicely, my point was just that sometimes not all our dreams or hopes come true, remember phenom....
    but some people don't even bother to read that, they just make fun of someone's opinion, even an XS moderator, retardation of society i think

Xtreme Enthusiast

In both of those articles, neither system revealed the true core speed...still speculation. So, I don't see why you would be providing it as fact to support your position. Out of curiosity, do you have links to any information regarding the 2.93ghz ES chips?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    2,93ghz - Anand's word as a proof: http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/int...spx?i=3326&p=5
    Apparently there is no mention of 3.2ghz, but according to movieman it seems realistic.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    thats not 3.2GHZ+, but doesnt matter

i dont have any doubt i believe nehalem will OC pretty nicely, my point was just that sometimes not all our dreams or hopes come true, remember phenom....
    but some people don't even bother to read that, they just make fun of someone's opinion, even an XS moderator, retardation of society i think
    When the Clovertowns first came out they were limited to 2667 tops.
    remember, this was December 2006.
    The heat issue was killing anyone not on top water or phase.
    No one was getting over 3000 on air because of crap heatsinks available back then. I got lucky and matched some Dynatron H46G's to some vantec tornadoes and was able to get 3157 stable and 3258 for benching on air.
    Now if some dumb smuck like me can do that then some of the top people in the world are getting a crapload more than 3000 out of the Nehalems.
    I rest my case

Xtreme Member

gotta me save moneeeh!!! :P
    X3350 | DFI LP X38 T2R | d9gkx
    9800gtx | Raptor1500AHFD/5000AACS/WD3201ABYS
    Corsair 620HX | Coolermaster CM690

Banned
    No one was getting over 3000 on air because of crap heatsinks available back then. I got lucky and matched some Dynatron H46G's to some vantec tornadoes and was able to get 3157 stable and 3258 for benching on air.
    Now if some dumb smuck like me can do that then some of the top people in the world are getting a crapload more than 3000 out of the Nehalems.
    I rest my case
    That's dumb schmuck.....spell it right!!

Banned
    I rest my case
    your point being?

i dont see any relevance with this, and the thing i posted...
    maybe you should become politician, they also start talking about something else....

Page 2 of 63 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast