Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829

Thread: Asus Striker II Extreme: Corruption/Freezes Troubleshooting Thread

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbakja View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with their Striker II where it randomly won't fully post ?

Mine will boot, but it doesn't bring the USB or Video card online and I have to restart 1-3 times to get it to post correctly. It is random, but happens like 2/3 times when I turn the PC on.
    Do you overclock? Either case, we might be able to help you if you could fill in the template for us.

Cheers
    Rig details here

Guys, I need some help with this motherboard, Asus Striker ii Extreme, Intel Socket 775. The motherboard is blocking and freezing out of nowhere. It happens 2 to 3 times a day.

PC Specifications,

Graphics card - BFG GTX 295,
    PSU - Thermaltake 1500Watt
    OS - Windows 7 x64 BIT
    HD - 160GB Samsung
    RAM -Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 1.50v ver8.1 9-9-9-24 1333Mhz 2048MB6GB (3x2GB)

The system blocks and makes a strange sound. Two days ago I have removed one stick ram. Now it has only 4 GB and it is working fine. I am not having and blocking anymore. I want all 6 GBS to be used but from what I can see it's the ram that is blocking it. I think this board can't accept more than 4 GB and yet it says it can support up to 8 GB.

I have not overclocked the system at all. Everything is at default settings.

Do you guys think I could change some settings in bios so that it can accept all 6 GB of ram? Maybe some voltage can cause the system to block? Or use the 4 gb but stable. It never is stabel even with 4 gb.

Please, if you have any help then do let me know.

Thank you

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by s0ul1984 View Post
    Guys, I need some help with this motherboard, Asus Striker ii Extreme, Intel Socket 775. The motherboard is blocking and freezing out of nowhere. It happens 2 to 3 times a day.

PC Specifications,

Graphics card - BFG GTX 295,
    PSU - Thermaltake 1500Watt
    OS - Windows 7 x64 BIT
    HD - 160GB Samsung
    RAM -Corsair TR3X6G1333C9 1.50v ver8.1 9-9-9-24 1333Mhz 2048MB6GB (3x2GB)

The system blocks and makes a strange sound. Two days ago I have removed one stick ram. Now it has only 4 GB and it is working fine. I am not having and blocking anymore. I want all 6 GBS to be used but from what I can see it's the ram that is blocking it. I think this board can't accept more than 4 GB and yet it says it can support up to 8 GB.

I have not overclocked the system at all. Everything is at default settings.

Do you guys think I could change some settings in bios so that it can accept all 6 GB of ram? Maybe some voltage can cause the system to block? Or use the 4 gb but stable. It never is stabel even with 4 gb.

Please, if you have any help then do let me know.

Thank you
    Try setting P1 & P2 on auto including the remaining ram timings and increase NB voltage slightly. If it still does it, post your bios settings using the template
    Rig details here

Quote Originally Posted by Cibic View Post
    Try setting P1 & P2 on auto including the remaining ram timings and increase NB voltage slightly. If it still does it, post your bios settings using the template

Morning and thanks for the reply,

I am new to doing things in bios with any motherboard. How much should I increase NB voltage? I mean the asus website does not say anything about my ram. It's not on the motherboards manual that it can support. Can this be the problem? People use to say things like your board is only dual channel and not triple. This ram I have installed says it's tripple. Could this be the problem? Do I have to buy extra ram that is dual channel? How about if I add another 2 gb stick and make it 8 gb? Is there a way to make the memory of 8 gb run as dual channel.? This board use to be good. I think it can handle the converting of the ram. Let's say I put these 6 gb plus another 2 gb stick and change settings in bios that the motherboard will see the ram as dual and also as same channel.

Any help would be welcome.

Thank you for your help guys

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1926272829