Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: BAM, FTC investigating INTEL monopoly.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    Note, Zero comments about performance LOL!
    LOL!!!! awesome.

i understand what your saying, but from what i ve read in the allegations, they make sense, from a business perspective. It seems like a calculated risk for market dominance, i guess we ll see how the cases turn out.

As for the parts they make, since netburst days I ve had no complaints, just hoping amd comes back to push the envelope, because its hard to be your own competition
    " Business is Binary, your either a 1 or a 0, alive or dead." - Gary Winston ^^

Asus rampage III formula,i7 980xm, H70, Silverstone Ft02, Gigabyte Windforce 580 GTX SLI, Corsair AX1200, intel x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb, hp zr30w, 12gb corsair vengeance

Rig 2
    i7 980x ,h70, Antec Lanboy Air, Samsung md230x3 ,Saphhire 6970 Xfired, Antec ax1200w, x-25m 160gb, 2 x OCZ vertex 2 180gb,12gb Corsair Vengence MSI Big Bang Xpower

Xtreme Addict
    The epox kt133a was a great motherboard, although a bit generic looking.It was cheap and the KT133A was the first chip to outperform the AMD chipsets by a good margin.

Xtreme Mentor
    My Asus A8N SLI 16 has been the absolute best AMD board I've ever owned
    A8N SLI was the worst board i heve ever seen. after my k8n sli need to go rma i got an a8n sli and it was just a disaster.

When i'm being paid i always do my job through.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote for your opinion you mean More AMD fan crap, blame everyone but AMD, right!

Lucky for Intel the Idiots at Intel aren't in Charge like Hector. Oh, didn't have any problems on my old AMD processor on the Intel motherboard, oh brother!
    I write what i mean, no need for you to correct anything. Thanks for the kind words, you like to make yourself look like the nice guy and point the finger at those who can't argue without name calling and then you throw the fanboy crap at every one that disagrees with you
    Sure you're a funny guy with your blame every one but AMD comment, why would i blame them for Intel's illegal practices, it would be totally retarded
    This is no surprise to me that you couldn't get your AMD rigs to work, they were probably too much of a chalenge for a tom's forum member

Xtreme Member
    you guys got no idea how entertaining these threads are proving to be

EDIT: Or sad, depends on the viewpoint
    X3350 | DFI LP X38 T2R | d9gkx
    9800gtx | Raptor1500AHFD/5000AACS/WD3201ABYS
    Corsair 620HX | Coolermaster CM690

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by LowRun View Post
    I write what i mean, no need for you to correct anything. Thanks for the kind words, you like to make yourself look like the nice guy and point the finger at those who can't argue without name calling and then you throw the fanboy crap at every one that disagrees with you
    Sure you're a funny guy with your blame every one but AMD comment, why would i blame them for Intel's illegal practices, it would be totally retarded
    This is no surprise to me that you couldn't get your AMD rigs to work, they were probably too much of a chalenge for a tom's forum member
    Then I'm a Fanboy of American Laws, Rules and Regulations. Honestly, the bottom line has nothing to do with Intel or any other company. All companies are presumed innocent until proven Guilty. Then what they're found guilty of should be correctly announced. There are different standards in each country and one doesn't influence the other. If you, the other guy and even myself can't present CREDIBLE evidence, all of us are just blowing hot air. I've presented links, reasons and expected to turn the cheek while others BS, hardly fair at all. No I don't don't believe some sue-happy crook, that's CLEARLY proven to be a crook.

This to me has little to do with the Green or the Blue Company, or even performance those are side issues. Now if any of you guys have real evidence for either side, you should send it to them, or else forever hold your peace as they say

I did my best to present this post Free of Fanboy crap or STFU or any other silliness or crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by kromosto View Post
    A8N SLI was the worst board i heve ever seen. after my k8n sli need to go rma i got an a8n sli and it was just a disaster.
    Mine worked from day one and is still running my number two computer flawlessly. If my other AMD stuff worked that well I woulld have owned more AMD systems.
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    The epox kt133a was a great motherboard, although a bit generic looking.It was cheap and the KT133A was the first chip to outperform the AMD chipsets by a good margin.
    That was a not so bad board, the problematic board was the KX-133 Revision 1, the first one to make to the market. The overall platform situation was flakey. I replaced that board with an ABit KT-133 4 months later.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by villa1n View Post
    LOL!!!! awesome.

i understand what your saying, but from what i ve read in the allegations, they make sense, from a business perspective. It seems like a calculated risk for market dominance, i guess we ll see how the cases turn out.

As for the parts they make, since netburst days I ve had no complaints, just hoping amd comes back to push the envelope, because its hard to be your own competition
    Absolutely!

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

I am Xtreme
    http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news...Versus+AMD.htm

Court Rules in Intel's Favor Versus AMD
    Ruling limits the scope of AMD's antitrust case to the U.S.

September 27, 2006
    By David Needle: More stories by this author:

Intel won a significant challenge to the AMD antitrust case when a Judge ruled in the chip giant's favor.

Back in May, Intel filed a motion with the U.S. District Court of Delaware challenging the scope of AMD's charges. Without addressing the merits of the case, Intel argued in its motion that since most of AMD's microprocessors are manufactured in Germany, the ones sold outside the U.S. should not be relevant to the U.S. court's jurisdiction.
    AMD argued that microprocessors are a single global market that Intel has tried to monopolize.
    I forgot to post that last night.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456