Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis Warhead dropping exclusively on PC this Fall

Quote Originally Posted by Luka_Aveiro View Post
    Physics calculation generally are at use of core 1 (assuming core 0,1 or 0,1,2,3).

if you use the command "sys_physics_cpu 3", physics calculations will be executed in the 4th core of a quad-core.
    Well I'm pretty sure 0 means disabled, So it would do Software based Phsyics from what I can remember coding my custom cfg. So If you wanted Physic on the 4th core, you would have to use sys_physics_cpu 4.

Here is the video I remember seeing explaining the physics command.

Also, On my Q9450 with my Custom CFG, i see crysis using 50-70%(total) of my quad.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx]Warboy View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure 0 means disabled, So it would do Software based Phsyics from what I can remember coding my custom cfg. So If you wanted Physic on the 4th core, you would have to use sys_physics_cpu 4.

Here is the video I remember seeing explaining the physics command.

Also, On my Q9450 with my Custom CFG, i see crysis using 50-70%(total) of my quad.
    yeah, you are right 0 means disabled
    Are we there yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    I'm temted to sig you, but it's too large

Keep in your particular world with your "partially multithreaded" games/apps and your "multithreaded features".

That why I said it's useless for you. You are the type of guy that wouldn't see the real thing even if it's put right in front of your face.

It's the other way around mate

PS: I have another good reading for you by Jack: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=295
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=299
    have you read this post?

you still doenst have any proof crysis is fully multithreaded, it just offloads some functions of the engin to another core, but nor the functions nor the engine is multithreaded

sure, sig me make a fool of yourself

Also from the tests I was doing when I made my custom CFG. The Higher the Value of sys_phsyics_cpu The more CPU power it would use. But I can't backup this Theory.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...&postcount=299
    have you read this post?

you still doenst have any proof crysis is fully multithreaded, it just offloads some functions of the engin to another core, but nor the functions nor the engine is multithreaded

sure, sig me make a fool of yourself
    Yep, I've read it. And it says nothing relevant here. Well the last phrase is something I've already said a few post above this one

I know now what's your problem: you don't know what multithreading is. Read this and then think a bit about your nonsense

And no offense, but you're making a fool of you in every post you write.
    Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 06-07-2008 at 05:26 AM.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    90% i may be in a need for new glasses, but your core 0 shows a peak at 55% with an average of 40%, core1 average of 55%,core2 average of 30% and core3 average of 30%

looks like a poor implemented multithreading to me

I HAVE A DUAL CORE and it is close to 90% (depending on scene) on each of my 2 cores,that screenshot wasn't mine,I found it on the net and attached it to show you that the game is multithreaded not singlethreaded.
    Before you complain about lag, think about Jesus. He lagged three days before respawning.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    IT will use other cores , so it is single threaded....

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I thought they said they were getting leery of PC exclusives due to piracy...
    SSSSSHHHHH!

What they can't remember is only better for us!!

I'm serious, if they continue to make PC exclusives, imo, they could really help save pc gaming (I personally don't like consols as much, but what can you do)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STaRGaZeR View Post
    Yep, I've read it. And it says nothing relevant here. Well the last phrase is something I've already said a few post above this one

I know now what's your problem: you don't know what multithreading is. Read this and then think a bit about your nonsense

And no offense, but you're making a fool of you in every post you write.
    i know what multithreading is
    but you cannot call crysis multithreaded when there is no benefit from dual to quadcore

Xtreme Mentor
    guys, there is only good gain in performance going from single core to dual core, not from dual to quad. crysis is multithreaded, but executes only two threads simultaneously. hence dual cores are stressed for a good 90%, but on quads that same load is balanced over 4 cores, hence the individual cores only being loaded for 40-55% each.

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Xtreme Member
    To all the :banana::banana::banana:s that say Crysis is "badly coded" First of all you! What do you know?

And secondly, stfu and watch this

Actions speak louder than words b1tches!

Banned
    it is badly coded (not optimized), but that doesnt mean it's not a beautiful game
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-08-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: censored quoted message

Xtreme Member
    it is badly coded (not optimized), but that doesnt mean it's not a beautiful game
    ......... not optimized?

Ok look at any other game currently out, They do not even approach the visual quality and physics / interaction of Crysis... Moving Foliage and lots of it, Procedural Day / Night System, amazing textures and HDR, Motion Blur, massive draw distance and the HUGE size of the map all reduce the framerate...

I could run it on High 1440*900 acceptably (20-30 fps) on an E4300 and an 8800gts 640mb....

AND I could run it at 1024*768 on low at like 200fps.... So I don't see how its "not optimized" I could run it on high on a two year old High end GPU....

And even if you have a system you can still play it....

But nice try on the Crysis bashing again...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    crysis is awesome , its just way ahead of whats out atm , this always happens same happened with quake 4 and half life 2...

srsly you try adding that many objects into something like garysmod and the whole thing slows to a crawl and finally crashes....

Xtreme Addict
    Anyway,
    but you cannot call crysis multithreaded when there is no benefit from dual to quadcore
    Multi means more than one. Stop arguing semantics people.
    Last edited by Cooper; 06-08-2008 at 03:04 PM. Reason: censored quoted message

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jas420221 View Post
    Conzy, you had some great points made. Its too bad the gay bashing and trolling preceeded it. Thats a shame. I reported that post. I hope you get a little vacation for that caliber of insults, WAY uncalled for over trying to defend a PC game.

Anyway, Multi means more than one. Stop arguing semantics people.
    What! My post is extremely lacking in bananas compared to a lot of posts I see by some of the more "senior" members around here...

And I have not trolled, The Crysis bashers seem to troll every thread that even mentions Crysis

Xtreme Mentor
    Wrong. But keep thinking like that if you want, is irrelevant.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by conzymaher View Post
    What! My post is extremely lacking in bananas compared to a lot of posts I see by some of the more "senior" members around here...

And I have not trolled, The Crysis bashers seem to troll every thread that even mentions Crysis
    And now you are lowering yourself to their level, congrats.

Please...this is in general a good discussion. I personally want to keep it that way, so lets chill out a bit peeps! Why is it so hard to correct/disprove someone without taking it to a trolling/insult/personal level?

Xtreme Addict
    And now you are lowering yourself to their level, congrats.

Please...this is in general a good discussion. I personally want to keep it that way, so lets chill out a bit peeps! Why is it so hard to correct/disprove someone without taking it to a trolling/insult/personal level?
    because it is summer and testosterones levels are...

VERY HIGH?
    Are we there yet?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by conzymaher View Post
    ......... not optimized?

Ok look at any other game currently out, They do not even approach the visual quality and physics / interaction of Crysis... Moving Foliage and lots of it, Procedural Day / Night System, amazing textures and HDR, Motion Blur, massive draw distance and the HUGE size of the map all reduce the framerate...

But nice try on the Crysis bashing again...
    no, its not optimized, it lacks good support for multicore cpu's and multiple GPU's, it simply doesnt scale well, but some patches fixed some issues
    but it is an awesome game i was able to play the multiplayer beta back in the days and i was very impressed
    i am just pointing out crysis is not as multithreaded as some believe

Anyway, Multi means more than one. Stop arguing semantics people.
    multi doesnt equal 2, its >1, not >1 && < 3

Xtreme Enthusiast
    taking this is context which engine IS fully optimized for multicore , also crysis is fully supported for multi gpu , or did you not see that slide boasting hundreds of man hours by nvidia spent on it?

Xtreme Addict
    no, its not optimized, it lacks good support for multicore cpu's and multiple GPU's, it simply doesnt scale well, but some patches fixed some issues
    but it is an awesome game i was able to play the multiplayer beta back in the days and i was very impressed
    i am just pointing out crysis is not as multithreaded as some believe

multi doesnt equal 2, its >1, not >1 && < 3
    Did I say it equals 2? No, I said MORE THAN ONE, PLEASE READ MY POST!

And your thinking, again, seems to be off. How is it not multithreaded when it uses 2 cores VERY well but not 4? What you are smoking son, pass it on over here!!
    Last edited by jas420221; 06-07-2008 at 10:00 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Crysis IS multithreaded, but yeah, it doesn't put four cores to 100% each...To do so, you have to use 2d games like Prime 95

Crysis just uses what it needs and that is not bad coding, once the limitations present in the game come from current GPUs lack power, and not CPU power.

As for multi gpu scaling, we all know the current AFR techniques suck very hard, so you can't complain the engine on that...
    Are we there yet?

I am Xtreme
    wtf...

just becaus crysis scales worse after 2 threads it means its not multithreaded..? classic...

so if i apply you analogy to other apps and run them on a 8core harpertown rig, a app that only uses 4 threads is not multithreaded?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    so if i apply you analogy to other apps and run them on a 8core harpertown rig, a app that only uses 4 threads is not multithreaded?
    according to what I understand from his point of view, you are correct.
    Are we there yet?

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast