X

    Subscribe to New Ads!

    Receive weekly ads in your inbox!



Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 410

Thread: Crysis Warhead dropping exclusively on PC this Fall

  1. #51
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Rochester, MN
    Posts
    719
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    nehalem = super multithreded
    crysis = heavily single threaded

    yup, you will prolly need a nehalem to play....
    Crysis isn't single threaded, it just doesn't need much CPU power to play extremely well.

    The post should've said "you prolly need any Core 2 CPU + 2 GT200's!"
    Thermaltake Armor Series Black
    GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R
    Q6600 3.6 GHZ Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme
    4 GB Corsair XMS2 w/ OCZ XTX Ram Cooler 2 x 60mm
    9800GT 512MB
    18X Pioneer DVD-RW Burner
    720 Watt Enermax Infiniti
    4x640GB RAID 10
    Windows 7

  2. #52
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,010
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    nehalem = super multithreded
    crysis = heavily single threaded

    yup, you will prolly need a nehalem to play....
    hopefully that will change in the new game.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.5GHz
    Mobo: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    RAM: 32GB (8x4GB) Patriot Viper EX @ 1866mhz
    GPU: EVGA GTX Titan (1087Boost/6700Mem)
    Physx: Evga GTX 560 2GB
    Sound: Creative XFI Titanium
    Case: Modded 700D
    PSU: Corsair 1200AX (Fully Sleeved)
    Storage: 2x120GB OCZ Vertex 3's in RAID 0 + WD 600GB V-Raptor + Seagate 1TB
    Cooling: XSPC Raystorm, 2x MCP 655's, FrozenQ Warp Drive, EX360+MCR240+EX120 Rad's

  3. #53
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,030
    Crysis patch 1.2 uses command "sys_physics_cpu [0,1,2,3,4]" to redirect physics calculation to the core you wish to use, I think default is 1 if you have a dual core

    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] hipno650 View Post
    hopefully that will change in the new game.
    If my e8400 @ 4500mhz don't bend with the changes, i'm ok with it
    Are we there yet?

  4. #54
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    495
    Private Pyle?

    CM Stacker 810 w/ Yate Loons | Enermax Infiniti 650W
    ASUS P5K Deluxe | Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 2x2GB
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 | Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme
    BFG Geforce 8800GTS 640MB | ASUS Ageia PhysX P1 128MB
    Logitech G15 | Logitech G5

  5. #55
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Washington State
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatrecon_ View Post
    totally agreed. COD4 was great until they had to kill off the Marine. It all went downhill from there, imo.



    They said they weren't patching Crysis for a specific reason. This is it. Get over it. I have a feeling this will run much better than Crysis does anyway.

    Its a bs reason. And it gets old because PC game makers lately have been getting lazy and rushing games out with promises of patching the problems.

    Every play GoW on pc? BF2? Or Rune SP? I can go on and on with games that were or still are buggy as hell since release.

    All crytek is doing is pushing another game out the door without fixing current problems hoping that it will completely overshadow the previous one. Its kinda sad, I was starting to enjoy my tech demo and now they do this
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

    A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

    Current Phenom overclock


    Max Phenom overclock

  6. #56
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Vegas ,NV
    Posts
    1,638
    how about more patch for crysis? maps etc...EA is a joke
    ~

  7. #57
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,485
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    nehalem = super multithreded
    crysis = heavily single threaded

    yup, you will prolly need a nehalem to play....
    yeah thas why i have ~ 40% cpu utilization with a quad.

    oh and i am looking foward for this game.

  8. #58
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,870
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatrecon_ View Post
    totally agreed. COD4 was great until they had to kill off the Marine. It all went downhill from there, imo.
    News flash! There are people who haven't played the game yet. Spoiler tags dammit...geez.

  9. #59
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    5,485
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    News flash! There are people who haven't played the game yet. Spoiler tags dammit...geez.
    you cant expect people to put a spoiler tag for infos on a game that is older then 6 months... its old new allready.

  10. #60
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    289
    Bloody YES.

    Finally PC is fighting back ?
    I used to be a schizophrenic; but we're okay now.

  11. #61
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US, Virginia
    Posts
    1,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    you cant expect people to put a spoiler tag for infos on a game that is older then 6 months... its old new allready.
    I don't care too much as that, afaik, didn't seem like much of a spoiler, but I don't expect to read that in a thread entirely unrelated to COD4.
    E8400 @ 3600mhz
    4870 @ 790/1100
    2x2GB DDR2

  12. #62
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    849
    TBH there really isn't much to spoil...

    • i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM


  13. #63
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    382
    Quote Originally Posted by n-sanity View Post
    Bloody YES.

    Finally PC is fighting back ?
    well a console could sure as hell not play it in its full glory

    ps: i have to say, CoD4 was dissapointing in terms of implementation. the game ran better because of its lackluster engine. it was all a light show without any real physics.

    crysis does indeed require some optimizing/bug fixing, but to call that engine garbage is.. garbage
    Last edited by Aleki; 06-06-2008 at 07:05 AM.
    my mini-fridge
    MoBo: GA-EP45-UD3P | CPU: Q9550 3.6GHZ @ 1.216v | RAM: 4x1GB 900mhz @ 5-5-5-15 | GPU: GTX 460 900G/1800S/4400M | PSU: Corsair 750TX| HDD's: Seagate 320GB + 500GB, Samsung 1TB | Case: antec p180

  14. #64
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Burbank, CA
    Posts
    3,808
    PC GAMING WAS NEVER DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! to come back!

  15. #65
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Little Rock
    Posts
    7,206
    Quote Originally Posted by GAR View Post
    PC GAMING WAS NEVER DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!! to come back!
    QFT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!


    Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

  16. #66
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    US, Virginia
    Posts
    1,577
    So what ever happened with Crytek not making anymore PC exclusives? I know they can't port Crysis/Warhead to the Consoles (In their current condition anyways), so did they just change their minds or what? Any news on this I may have missed out on? Either way, I'm glad we didn't lose them. Farcry and Crysis have been my favorite games for the PC in the past years. In my opinion they surpassed (specially Farcry at the time) even valves offerings.
    E8400 @ 3600mhz
    4870 @ 790/1100
    2x2GB DDR2

  17. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Dendermonde
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    yeah thas why i have ~ 40% cpu utilization with a quad.
    that just proves it you dumbass

    if it would be multithreaded you would see a higher %

  18. #68
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    940
    no need for that language. crysis is multi-threaded..

  19. #69
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptobs2000 View Post
    So what ever happened with Crytek not making anymore PC exclusives? I know they can't port Crysis/Warhead to the Consoles (In their current condition anyways), so did they just change their minds or what? Any news on this I may have missed out on? Either way, I'm glad we didn't lose them. Farcry and Crysis have been my favorite games for the PC in the past years. In my opinion they surpassed (specially Farcry at the time) even valves offerings.
    well, crytek have already done the hard work with the graphics engine and physics engine so they don't have as much work to do when making sequels

  20. #70
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    that just proves it you dumbass

    if it would be multithreaded you would see a higher %
    I believe he was being sarcastic. Ironic, if you will. Since Nehalem's main selling point is "octocore" on a single CPU but games probably won't take advantage of more than two cores for the time being, Nehalem will have to depend on its single-threaded performance to make it worth it to gamers. 4 cores + HT at a slower speed that won't be utilized, or an E8400 at an easy 3.8GHz on air? I'd be willing to bet we'll be seeing "Nehalem 2.66GHz or E8400?? HALP PL0X!!!!" threads for some time after Nehalems coming-out party.

    • i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM


  21. #71
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,353
    A few people on XS simply don't get it that insults and ad hominem never helps your argument. It actually hinders your ability to make your point clear.

    Personally, I take pride in my opinions and observations and would prefer to avoid nullifying my posts with petty insults.



    *On topic posting ahoy!*

    I personally enjoyed Crysis a good deal, even though I couldn't run it 'maxed' out. I ran it on high at 1680/1050 in DX9 and found that it looked great and ran smooth enough to not hinder gameplay.

    Not the best game, certainly no Half-Life or System Shock 2. However, I did find it to be a thoroughly fun experience with lots of eye candy included.

    I think a lot of the Crysis hate simply stems from the fact that a lot of hardware enthusiasts (AKA us ) were disappointed that even with pimped out SLI rigs they couldn't 'max' it smoothly.

  22. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Belgium, Dendermonde
    Posts
    1,299
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Fox View Post
    A few people on XS simply don't get it that insults and ad hominem never helps your argument. It actually hinders your ability to make your point clear.
    when people dont get the facts, or are too lazy to do research AND they start laughing at you AND you are having exams AND you have to write a paper on feature extraction methods, it becomes quite easy to insult someone, although i try not to

  23. #73
    Xtreme Mentor
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Spain, EU
    Posts
    2,947
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    that just proves it you dumbass

    if it would be multithreaded you would see a higher %
    Erm, NO. You're dead wrong. If the game is not multithreaded the maximum utilization you'll EVER see with a quad is 25% (asuming 0 background utilization).

    The game IS multithreaded, but maybe:

    1. It's a bad implementation.
    2. The game doesn't need any more CPU. And at the resolutions we play here at XS the game is 100% GPU limited, so are you expecting a fully loaded quad?

    And watch out that language, specially if you're wrong.
    Last edited by STaRGaZeR; 06-06-2008 at 11:21 AM.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)


    Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

  24. #74
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dresden
    Posts
    139
    I am soooo tired of people complaining about the performance of Crysis!

    It is simply estonishing that so many people are too stupid to realize that there is zero reason to complain if you can't run highest settings, because playable settings still result into better graphics than literally every other game!

  25. #75
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    1,353
    Quote Originally Posted by GoThr3k View Post
    when people dont get the facts, or are too lazy to do research AND they start laughing at you AND you are having exams AND you have to write a paper on feature extraction methods, it becomes quite easy to insult someone, although i try not to
    I'll agree with you there. I know that I've been in a bad mood on XS a few times before and perhaps "snapped" a little bit. It happens, part of being human.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •