Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Crysis Warhead dropping exclusively on PC this Fall

Xtreme Addict

Crysis Warhead dropping exclusively on PC this Fall

"EA and Crytek have officially announced the development of Crysis Warhead, "a parallel story" to hardware-taxing tropical shooter, Crysis. Built by Crytek's Budapest studio atop an optimized version of the CryEngine 2 technology, Crysis Warhead sees players squeezing into the nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, affectionately dubbed "Psycho," and learning that "life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined." Given all the eyeball-melting events in Crysis, we reckon they're capable of imagining quite a bit.

Crytek president and CEO, Cevat Yerli, found the original game's reception by gamers and the media to be quite pleasing, but noted to the studio's intention to raise the ol' bar. "With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis," he said. Expect more weapons, more vehicles and more multiplayer content when Crysis Warhead nukes lesser computers this Fall."

source; joystiq.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crysis_warhead_sm.jpg 
Views:	3640 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	79758  
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

The PhotoCHOPer
    need screenshots
    Silver Bullet VII

Corsair 750D | Corsair AX 850W | Core i7 2600K | Thermalright Venomous X | Asus Maximus IV Extreme B3
    eVGA GTX680 SLI | Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB | Intel 530 240GB | 2 x WD RED 3TB in RAID 1 | LG BluRay | 3 x 2413WFP

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Bullet View Post
    need screenshots
    or video
    Adobe is working on Flash Player support for 64-bit platforms as part of our ongoing commitment to the cross-platform compatibility of Flash Player. We expect to provide native support for 64-bit platforms in an upcoming release of Flash Player following the release of Flash Player 10.1.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I thought they said they were getting leery of PC exclusives due to piracy...
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

I am Xtreme
    release date?
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

Fall 2008, No Specific current release date. This is a Rough Estimate since they said they are releasing it this year, and if box art is already done, I'm betting as early as late Summer 2008. And Here is the real article.

1. Crysis: Warhead Announcement

EA AND CRYTEK ANNOUNCE DEVELOPMENT OF CRYSIS WARHEAD

The Next Installment of One of the Highest Rated Games of 2007
    Blasts its way onto PCs this Fall

Redwood City, Calif. – June 5, 2008 – Maximum freedom, maximum explosions and maximum Psycho! Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS) and award-winning independent studio Crytek today announced Crysis Warhead® – the parallel story to Crysis, one of the most critically-acclaimed first person shooters and PC games of 2007. Shipping exclusively for the PC this fall, Crysis Warhead is the first title to be developed at Crytek´s Budapest studio, and is built on a new, enhanced and optimized version of Crytek’s CryENGINE® 2 technology.

“We were very pleased with the reception of Crysis from both gamers and media after our launch last year,” said Cevat Yerli, CEO and President of Crytek. “That being said, one of the key principles of our studio is to always raise the bar. With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling and game performance, while also delivering more of the visually stunning graphics and immersive, free-roaming gameplay everyone loved in Crysis.”

“The best result of a partnership that we can ask for in the EA Partners program is when a world class independent studio like Crytek chooses to continue to work with us,” said David DeMartini, Vice President and Global General Manager, EA Partners. “Crysis was an amazing game and is going to be a blockbuster franchise. We could not be more excited to be working with Crytek to launch another hit with Crysis Warhead this year.”

In Crysis Warhead, players will don the Nanosuit of Sergeant Sykes, also known as ‘Psycho’, one of the most memorable characters from Crysis. More brash and aggressive than his Delta Force squadmate Nomad, players will experience Psycho’s parallel story during the events of the original game, finding that life on the other side of the island is even more intense and explosive than they ever could have imagined. Luckily, Psycho’s Nanosuit is just as capable and he’s equipped with an even bigger arsenal of fully customizable weapons and new vehicles, giving players access to the tools they need to dominate any situation. Aside from this new, exciting single player campaign, Crysis Warhead will also feature new multiplayer content. Stay tuned for more details this summer.

Crysis Warhead has not yet been rated by the ESRB or PEGI. For more information about the game, please visit www.crysisthegame.com.

2. Community Note
    Alongside today’s super-exciting announcement of Crysis: Warhead we wanted to take the chance to bring some clarity to some misunderstandings we have seen in the community after last week’s Crysis Monthly Update.

As you know, it was a very hard decision for us to cancel Patch 1.3, but in the end it was important we shift our focus to some of the new and exciting things we are doing with Crysis Warhead. We have a lot of great content planned for the community and as we get closer to launch, we’ll be sharing a lot of details of what we are working on behind the scenes. This was the main reason behind the cancellation of the patch and while piracy was and continues to be an issue with Crysis, it did not have any role in our decision to cancel this patch.

We also want to make sure you all know that we are not ending our support of Crysis. We still have www.crymod.com, our official modding portal, up and running – a great meeting place not only for modders, but also for all who are interested in playing new, custom content. In addition we have plans to continue updating the CryENGINE2 documentation and video tutorials frequently.

And of course, your dedicated community management teams are still here and active in our official forums and fansite forums.

The important point is that we are not giving up on our current community and we hope that the announcement today pleased you. Stay tuned for more information on Crysis: Warhead... there is a lot more to come!

Source - CryMod
    Last edited by Warboy; 06-05-2008 at 06:34 AM.
    My Rig can do EpicFLOPs, Can yours?
    Once this baby hits 88 TeraFLOPs, You're going to see some serious $@#%....

Build XT7 is currently active.
    Current OS Systems: Windows 10 64bit

Xtreme Member
    Screw storyline, give us awesome multiplayer.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    I thought they said they were getting leery of PC exclusives due to piracy...
    They did, even though they sold more than 3 million copies... that's really bad... LOL.

Xtreme Member
    After Crysis they thing i will buy another Crytek game to pay for EA's investment ? Another game to make people buy video cards, I'm sure from those 3 million people at least 1/2 a million bought a card or built a pc based on this game,that's a couple million $$ for EA,Nvidia & partners.I don't approve piracy, but, when they give us a playable demo and then they release an unplayable game (for most people) i believe most people will most likely download a pirated single player game rather then buy it,
    My opinion.

Xtreme Addict
    Another one-man-rampage-phycho-killer shooter. No thanks.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Will this actually be coded better?

And maybe Crytek can do something about NVIDIA 'cheating' to get better FPS in the game.
    Last edited by Eurasianman; 06-05-2008 at 07:19 AM.

Desktop: Core i7 920|ASUS P6T Deluxe V2|ATi HD 5870|12 GB G. Skill DDR3 1600|2 x Seagate 160 GB RAID 0 (OS)|2 x Seagate 1.5 TB RAID 1 (Data)|Corsair HX850 WATT PSU|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|Silverstone TJ-09BW|Gateway FPD2485W 24" 1920x1200
    Folder/Server: Core 2 Duo E8400|DFI LP JR P45-T2RS|GeForce 9800GX2|4 GB G. Skill DDR2 1066|Samsung F1 750 (OS) GB|2 x Seagate 1.5 TB RAID 1 (Data)|PC Power & Cooling 750 WATT PSU|Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit|Antec 300
    Gateway P-7811FX: Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400|PM45 Chipset|GeForce 9800M GTS|4 GB DDR3 1066|Intel X-25M 80GB|Seagate 200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|17" AUO 1920X1200
    Old School: Athlon 64 3200+|ASUS K8N-E Deluxe|GeForce 6800|2 GB Corsair XMS DDR 400|Western Digital 200 GB SATA|Ultra X-Connect 500 WATT PSU|XP Pro|Thermaltake Shark
    Dell Mini 10: Atom Z520|GMA 500|1 GB DDR2|160 GB SATA HDD|XP Home

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Since I have stopped playing games for the storyline after playing essentially the same generic story for years, I look at gameplay, replayability, and technical qualities first.

Crysis was fun to play. I'm a stealthy up-close-and-personal player by nature, so my favorite play style was to stealth up to someone, hit, run, restealth, rinse and repeat. Because I loved the enemies' reactions, be they retaliatory or of shock/awe (never got tired of hearing "What the hell?!" after cloaking to stealth-kill one of their allies), this never got old, even time after time after time. Only part of the game I couldn't stand was The Core. And multiplayer definitely couldn't save the game...

Replayability...meh. Adding difficulty makes the game interesting to some extent, but meh. At least in this case, more of the same is fine with me.

Technical issues...I want better performance under Vista with nVidia cards in the next game or I might lose it. It ran...ok...but I know they can do better than that. If it runs 3/4 as well as CoD4 under the same conditions I'll be pleased as punch and tickled pink all at once. Also didn't look nearly as good as the tech demos we all saw on YouTube and whatnot. Feels like a bait and switch, I don't remember ever feeling so cheated on that front. Little to no improvement from the beta test I was in, either performance or in visual quality.

I just hope they learned from their mistakes from the first Crysis and fix issues for the next one. Though I will look forward to beta-testing it. But for the love of <deity>, give us a single-player level for the beta.

• i7 920 D0 // eVGA X58 SLI // 12GB G.Skill Ripjaws // HD6950 (6970 BIOS)
    • Apogee XT // MCP655 // Thermochill PA120.3 // CM HAF 932
    • OCZ Vertex 3 MI edition // ASUS Xonar DX // Corsair TX850
    • HTC Incredible - Uber Kingdom Revolution ROM

Well at least NVIDIA cheated in their drivers so that you could get better frame rates than those with ATI cards!

Desktop: Core i7 920|ASUS P6T Deluxe V2|ATi HD 5870|12 GB G. Skill DDR3 1600|2 x Seagate 160 GB RAID 0 (OS)|2 x Seagate 1.5 TB RAID 1 (Data)|Corsair HX850 WATT PSU|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|Silverstone TJ-09BW|Gateway FPD2485W 24" 1920x1200
    Folder/Server: Core 2 Duo E8400|DFI LP JR P45-T2RS|GeForce 9800GX2|4 GB G. Skill DDR2 1066|Samsung F1 750 (OS) GB|2 x Seagate 1.5 TB RAID 1 (Data)|PC Power & Cooling 750 WATT PSU|Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit|Antec 300
    Gateway P-7811FX: Mobile Core 2 Duo P8400|PM45 Chipset|GeForce 9800M GTS|4 GB DDR3 1066|Intel X-25M 80GB|Seagate 200 GB SATA 7200 RPM|Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit|17" AUO 1920X1200
    Old School: Athlon 64 3200+|ASUS K8N-E Deluxe|GeForce 6800|2 GB Corsair XMS DDR 400|Western Digital 200 GB SATA|Ultra X-Connect 500 WATT PSU|XP Pro|Thermaltake Shark
    Dell Mini 10: Atom Z520|GMA 500|1 GB DDR2|160 GB SATA HDD|XP Home

all outta gum
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeywoman View Post
    "With Warhead, we are focusing on refining our storytelling
    Means they will actually have a story? Oh and perhaps they are going to hire an artist to take some advantage of that engine?

Oh wait Valve has more artists than programmers, and they can put more story in one game than several other games put together...
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

Test bench: empty

Xtreme Enthusiast
    We're pretty much guaranteed no mothership crap with this one. That stuff ruined the first game, I only bothered playing halfway second time through thanks to that.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
    Well at least NVIDIA cheated in their drivers so that you could get better frame rates than those with ATI cards!
    fact is that nvidia cards are faster, i don't know how they cheAted with their drivers...
    Core i7 2600k|HD 6950|8GB RipJawsX|2x 128gb Samsung SSD 830 Raid0|Asus Sabertooth P67
    Seasonic X-560|Corsair 650D|2x WD Red 3TB Raid1|WD Green 3TB|Asus Xonar Essence STX

Core i3 2100|HD 7770|8GB RipJawsX|128gb Samsung SSD 830|Asrock Z77 Pro4-M
    Bequiet! E9 400W|Fractal Design Arc Mini|3x Hitachi 7k1000.C|Asus Xonar DX

Dell Latitude E6410|Core i7 620m|8gb DDR3|WXGA+ Screen|Nvidia Quadro NVS3100
    256gb Samsung PB22-J|Intel Wireless 6300|Sierra Aircard MC8781|WD Scorpio Blue 1TB

Harman Kardon HK1200|Vienna Acoustics Brandnew|AKG K240 Monitor 600ohm|Sony CDP 228ESD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Dman this game will require The GT200 :-)
    2600K working in 4.8 GHZ so far

2600k @(4600 Ghz) 1.42v : (under water)
    Asus B2 mobo
    4 GiG DDR 2400 MHZ
    GTX 570 @ 1.063v ( 910/1820/2001 Mhz) .(under water).
    1020 W PSU

Hobie's : Overclocking .... Overclocking .... Overclocking

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by makaka View Post
    Dman this game will require The GT200 :-)
    more like 3 of them lol
    Case-Coolermaster Cosmos S
    MoBo- ASUS Crosshair IV
    Graphics Card-XFX R9 280X [out for RMA] using HD5870
    Hard Drive-Kingston 240Gig V300 master Seagate 160Gb slave Seagate 250Gb slave Seagate 500Gb slave Western Digital 500Gb
    CPU-AMD FX-8320 5Ghz
    RAM 8Gig Corshair c8
    Logitech 5.1 Z5500 BOOST22
    300Gb of MUSICA!!

Steam ID: alphamonkeywoman
    http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/933ab/

There was an issue with the reflections in the water not updating every frame on some early 8800GT drivers which led to a framerate jump in those areas. In any case nVidia long since fixed that (they claimed it was a bug I think) and their cards still outperform ATI's on Crysis.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by YMAA View Post
    Since I have stopped playing games for the storyline after playing essentially the same generic story for years, I look at gameplay, replayability, and technical qualities first.

Crysis was fun to play. I'm a stealthy up-close-and-personal player by nature, so my favorite play style was to stealth up to someone, hit, run, restealth, rinse and repeat. Because I loved the enemies' reactions, be they retaliatory or of shock/awe (never got tired of hearing "What the hell?!" after cloaking to stealth-kill one of their allies), this never got old, even time after time after time. Only part of the game I couldn't stand was The Core. And multiplayer definitely couldn't save the game...

Replayability...meh. Adding difficulty makes the game interesting to some extent, but meh. At least in this case, more of the same is fine with me.

Technical issues...I want better performance under Vista with nVidia cards in the next game or I might lose it. It ran...ok...but I know they can do better than that. If it runs 3/4 as well as CoD4 under the same conditions I'll be pleased as punch and tickled pink all at once. Also didn't look nearly as good as the tech demos we all saw on YouTube and whatnot. Feels like a bait and switch, I don't remember ever feeling so cheated on that front. Little to no improvement from the beta test I was in, either performance or in visual quality.

I just hope they learned from their mistakes from the first Crysis and fix issues for the next one. Though I will look forward to beta-testing it. But for the love of <deity>, give us a single-player level for the beta.
    I second most of what you said here. Crysis had a great single player, it's one of the few newer games I have actually beaten. Yes, The Core was freaking horrible and I hated it (I ran out of ammo and had to beat the little bastards to death), but it was still fun all in all.

I couldn't get into the multiplayer, and difficulty didn't really make for replay value, but it was still fun.

I'll look forward to Crysis Warhead.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cool, looking forward to it
    Rig 1:
    Intel E4300 @ 3Ghz - 2gb OCZ PC2-8500 - Asus P5N-e SLI - Club3d 9600gt @ 750/1950/1100Mhz - Vista 64

Rig 2:
    Intel celeron L420 @ 2.6Ghz - 2gb OCZ PC2-6400 - Asus P5B - XFX 8800GS 384mb - XP 32

Laptop
    Acer Aspire 3610, Pentium M725 OC @ 2.23Ghz - 2gb PC2-3200 - crappy Intel I915 gfx

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurasianman View Post
    I hope you know that repeating something over and over on the internet doesn't make it true.

The Core was fun the first time through, but 2nd time was kinda meh because it is very scripted compared to the free roaming levels. I still think fighting the Aliens is better than fighting the Trigens from Far Cry too.
    Enermax Infiniti 720W || ASUS P5K Deluxe || Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 || 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066Mhz RAM || eVGA GeForce GTX 280 SC || WD Velociraptor 300GB || 2x Seagate 7200.11 1TB || WD Caviar SE16 640GB || Auzentech X-Fi Prelude || 2x LG DVD-RW || Samsung 245BW || Windows Vista Ultimate x64

http://www.cuddlewar.com/

Xtreme Addict
    well, at least the hardware exists to play it well on very high in the fall.
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast