Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 posts why no buy and sell???

Xtreme Addict
    Very well said s1nykuL.
    I agree 100%.

Oh and BTW, for anyone wondering what the FS section really looks like, I took a snap shot for you (note, I took this snap shot a while back, thats why the dates are older):

(BTW, I also marked out the identity's of the people, for there own privacy.)
    Main: oo7
    i7 920 D0 (4Ghz) || Asrock X58 Extreme
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 || HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Corsair HX850 PSU || 2x Seagate 500GB 7200.12
    3x Dell E2311H 23" LED LCD (Eyefinity)

[Flickr] - Canon 30D || 50mm f/1.8 PRIME || 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Mid UK. Lift a few rocks, eventually you will find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Now here's the type of guy that Xs is looking for.
    My pleasure to meet you!

Thank you Movieman, I is an old dude though, wisdom comes with passing of time. I wasn't so nice at 18

I was an angry punk, safety pin through the nose and everything.. What a penis I was.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Just 'cos it's legal don't make it right.

Love will tear us apart
    Did you know Sid Vicious?
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830
    Apogee HD White | 140MM UT60/120MM UT45/120MM ST30 | XSPC D5 V2

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nykuL View Post
    Thank you Movieman, I is an old dude though, wisdom comes with passing of time. I wasn't so nice at 18

I was an angry punk, safety pin through the nose and everything.. What a penis I was.
    My friend, I was born in 1952 so perhaps we have something in common.
    As to our youth, I can remember pounding the crap out of a nasty MDC cop back in 1970.. We all hopefully mature as we age.
    Again, a pleasure to meet you.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyVillain View Post
    Did you know Sid Vicious?

lol, not personally but I did see the Clash and the Stranglers and The Damned and the list goes on in '77.
    Fun Box: Asus P8Z68-V GEN3++Corsair AX850++i5 2500k@4.5Ghz-1.272v++Corsair A50++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++MSI R7970 Lightning++Audigy2 Plat-EX++TBS 6280 DVB-T2 tuner++256Gb OCZ Vertex 4.500Gb Caviar Black.500Gb Seagate Barracuda++Sony AD7240s++Lian-Li PC-60++Linux Mint/Win 7++Asus P238Q

Work Box: Gigabyte H61MA-DV3++Corsair HX620++i5 3450@stock++2x8Gb Corsair Vengeance++120Gb OCZ Agility 3++Linux Mint

Quantum theory in a nutshell: It's so small we don't know where it is, it could be here, it could be there.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    My friend, I was born in 1952 so perhaps we have something in common.
    As to our youth, I can remember pounding the crap out of a nasty MDC cop back in 1970.. We all hopefully mature as we age.
    Again, a pleasure to meet you.

You have a few years on me Movieman, not many mind. I am about 22 years of age on the inside. Much older and wrinkly on the outside. I still go to gigs. I saw Jethro Tull and a host of other old farts last week, and I is still making music. It's nice to meet you too.

Attack Dachshund
    RoFl@smee's photochop...

Banned
    Gentlemen;
    We seem to do this thread at least monthly but since no one bothered to look at the threads I'll say it as nice as I can.
    The FS section here is not a given right but a privledge.
    The staff wants it that way and for good reasons.
    They want the members to have a feeling that the people they are dealing with are straight and honest.
    Now things do happen and thieves do get by but for the most part all deals go well.
    The FS section is for contributing members. Read that slowly..Contributing..
    Not posts of 'WOW" and "GREAT" and stuff like that.
    Also I sometimes think that some new people here weren't gifted by God with common sense.
    To post 75 times in a day then stop at post #101 and then make a thread saying " When do I get FS section access" is to be nice,dumber than a fencepost.
    Ok, thats my 12 cents and my best to you all.
    this was just a question, I wasnt demanding the f/s thread, I was just asking thats all. As far as spamming my way to 100 posts, I fell that that is a untreu statement. I came here to learn how to do all sorts of things and just learn further in general. why dont you just check my thread on my hd3870X2 voltmod, there were NO other people that would post a picture of the actual mod, although plenty (including myself) had asked for it, thats spam??!?!? Asking advice on my TEC setup, thats spam?!?!? I'm not trying to come across rude here, but I feel like you guys are kind of poking fun at me for asking a little question. Sorry If I post comments on other peoples threads, just like everybody else. I honestly do not care if you EVER give me access to that thread, I can get anything I need really cheap, I was just asking a question. And finally yes I have seen other threads like this and everyone seems to get treated differently, I guess it's all in who you know, but I have also seen you guys grill them like you have grilled me, do you not want new people joining at XS?? this is one of the main resons I have not tried to join any folding teams, or the hwbot team because I'm new here and am unsure just how people act towards others, I guess I now know.

Sorry for the crap thread, and if you consider this a crap post, sorry for that to. /rant

Xtreme Cruncher
    I had access at 101 post also, and it took me several months to get there. I also did not join for the FS and buy threads here. I could care less about them. I will not hardly buy any hardware used because it is usually used up is my opinion. Anyway Phil I helped get you activated here so please do not spam the forums and make me look bad...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    I had access at 101 post also, and it took me several months to get there. I also did not join for the FS and buy threads here. I could care less about them. I will not hardly buy any hardware used because it is usually used up is my opinion. Anyway Phil I helped get you activated here so please do not spam the forums and make me look bad...

sorry RR I didn't join for the fs thread either, I joined because I wanted to ask questions, about somethings and because they have a HUGE voltmodding section, thats it. I guess I asked the wrong question this time. again sorry RR

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by philbrown23 View Post
    sorry RR I didn't join for the fs thread either, I joined because I wanted to ask questions, about somethings and because they have a HUGE voltmodding section, thats it. I guess I asked the wrong question this time. again sorry RR
    Yea I think you did, it will come when its supposed to. Hang in there Phil...

Love will tear us apart
    For the record, Phil, I can tell you from personal experience that the World Community Grid team is a great and fun group of people and we welcome new members with friendly, open arms. I made a "Hi just joined the team" thread when I first joined WCG (and before I really knew anyone here directly) and there were 3+ pages of friendly responses within a couple hours. I knew right away I was glad I had joined and have only become more so over time.

Come join us anytime.
    Dark Star IV
    i5 3570K | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 8GB Samsung 30nm | GTX 670 FTW 4GB + XSPC Razer 680 | 128GB Samsung 830

Xtreme Member
    It is sad to see that people will join such a great forum just for their own selfish desires and to make a quick buck. I am mostly active at ocn and see many people who use cheap tricks in order to get the 35 rep you need to sell and buy there. Personally, I'm here to learn and share. If you really need to sell something THAT badly, just go to fleabay where you belong.

I think I'm done now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gir92 View Post
    It is sad to see that people will join such a great forum just for their own selfish desires and to make a quick buck. I am mostly active at ocn and see many people who use cheap tricks in order to get the 35 rep you need to sell and buy there. Personally, I'm here to learn and share. If you really need to sell something THAT badly, just go to fleabay where you belong.

I think I'm done now
    you dint know me! and until you do I would suggest NOT making assumptions on who I am and what my motivation is, if that was all I was here for after this thread I would be gone, would a MOD please close this thread, I think the point has been made. Thank you.
    Last edited by philbrown23; 06-04-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by smee View Post
    Very well said s1nykuL.
    I agree 100%.

Oh and BTW, for anyone wondering what the FS section really looks like, I took a snap shot for you (note, I took this snap shot a while back, thats why the dates are older):

(BTW, I also marked out the identity's of the people, for there own privacy.)
    SHHHH!!!! Don't post our beloved FS section here for all the world to see! Do you know how many spammers we are going to get flooding the forums now

I spit coffee all over the place when I saw this....lol
    Core i7 3770K
    EVGA GTX780 + Surround
    EVGA GTX670
    EVGA Z77 FTW
    8GB (2x4GB) G.Skill 1600Mhz DDR3
    Ultra X3 1000w PSU PSU
    Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Thermaltake Xaser VI

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    this was just a question, I wasnt demanding the f/s thread, I was just asking thats all. As far as spamming my way to 100 posts, I fell that that is a untreu statement. I came here to learn how to do all sorts of things and just learn further in general. why dont you just check my thread on my hd3870X2 voltmod, there were NO other people that would post a picture of the actual mod, although plenty (including myself) had asked for it, thats spam??!?!? Asking advice on my TEC setup, thats spam?!?!? I'm not trying to come across rude here, but I feel like you guys are kind of poking fun at me for asking a little question. Sorry If I post comments on other peoples threads, just like everybody else. I honestly do not care if you EVER give me access to that thread, I can get anything I need really cheap, I was just asking a question. And finally yes I have seen other threads like this and everyone seems to get treated differently, I guess it's all in who you know, but I have also seen you guys grill them like you have grilled me, do you not want new people joining at XS?? this is one of the main resons I have not tried to join any folding teams, or the hwbot team because I'm new here and am unsure just how people act towards others, I guess I now know.

Sorry for the crap thread, and if you consider this a crap post, sorry for that to. /rant
    First of all my post wasn't directed to you personally but more of a general comment. We do get these threads at least monthly so you can understand what promted my comments.
    On your comment of "who you know"..Not true at all.
    Everyone walks in here with the same clean bill of health.
    It's what they do themself that decides how they are seen by the membership.
    Now as soon as this PM issue is fixed here I'd like you to PM me and I'll look into this further and see if any errors were made regarding you.
    That is the best I can offer you at this point.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

I am Xtreme
    here we go again.................

Hell I didnt know there was a F/S until I was over 200+ I think.........

Oh, well time to go see if I can find 50$ Ultras, 100 Skull Trail and some other neato stuff.............

<Checks bank account>

PS. MovieMan he seems like he might be salvagable, take him under you wing and turn him into another fine XS regular in the WCG?
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Love will tear us apart

Wink

you dint know me! and until you do I would suggest NOT making assumptions on who I am and what my motivation is, if that was all I was here for after this thread I would be gone, would a MOD please close this thread, I think the point has been made. Thank you.
    Phil. Settle down. We know you didn't mean such it's just too many people before you have ruined the party, so to speak. Consider this thread locked and keep being a constructive member of XS and you will see the FS section in no time.

And probably be majorly dissappointed. But you will be a respected member of this great forum and that's the most important thing as you'll soon learn. And, yeah, it couldn't hurt to join us at WCG.
    Dark Star IV

Banned
    thanks moveman, and wrigleydude! lol

p.s. as soon as I get my E8500 in I planned on joining anyway

Xtreme Addict
    so I hit 100 posts yesterday, and am not able to go to the buy/sell section, why not?? is it a glitch??
    i didnt knew there was such section ... not to mention the rule

what you intended to purchase from there? that THONG again?
    Last edited by Serpentarius; 06-04-2008 at 09:17 PM.

Love will tear us apart
    That's the spirit. You'll make a good teammate.

P.S. Overclock the crap out of that 8500. It's begging for it.
    Last edited by WrigleyVillain; 06-04-2008 at 09:27 PM.
    Dark Star IV

Xtreme Cruncher
    thanks moveman, and wrigleydude! lol

PS, the quads rock in WCG, that is why have 9 of them...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by CraptacularOne View Post
    SHHHH!!!! Don't post our beloved FS section here for all the world to see! Do you know how many spammers we are going to get flooding the forums now

I spit coffee all over the place when I saw this....lol
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

A little photoshopping wouldn't hurt anyone.

Sorry, i just had to do it.
    Main: oo7
    i7 920 D0 (4Ghz) || Asrock X58 Extreme
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1600 || HIS HD 6850 1GB
    Corsair HX850 PSU || 2x Seagate 500GB 7200.12
    3x Dell E2311H 23" LED LCD (Eyefinity)

[Flickr] - Canon 30D || 50mm f/1.8 PRIME || 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

Attack Dachshund
    you're just getting hazed, phill.. it's not personal..
    It's what happens when you don't fly under the radar before initiation...
    Welcome to bootcamp!

Xtreme Addict
    at the photoshopped pic, like anyone would want to buy tt fans

Just keep the spamming within somewhat acceptable limits like I do and you will get access to F/S. One pointless post like mine here per validated WU is acceptable (or whats the current exchange rate? ).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast