Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW TJ11 - Blows the TJ07 Out The Water~!

NEW TJ11 - Blows the TJ07 Out The Water~!

I stumbled on this. Video of the new TJ11 at CeBit. Here's the video. Scroll to about :40 into the video.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/1...re-of-gps.aspx
    It looks like my new build.

90 degree-ATX like a Raven/Fortress, Bottom like TJ07 for Radiators, and lots of space for other goodies~!
    Last edited by misterhan; 05-25-2010 at 08:15 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    I wouldn't say it blows it out of the water, for one I see too much plastic. I don't care for vertically mounted video cards, and Silverstone seems to think this is pure genius in their other hideous cases. It pretty much looks like the Raven but bigger, but that's with the limited amount of good video from that clip.

blah~ negative.

if you listened, the rep is saying this is madd early proto-type. They just got finished building the night before and they used "plastic parts" for mock-up.

"The new flagship for the next 2 years.."

Xtreme Addict
    Why would you have the motherboard vertically. that means all your cables for the VGA, USB, Network are all coming out of the top of your case.

YUKKKKKK is all i have to say.

Oh it's perfect. Switch it up with the 90 degree mo-bo. I have been waiting for a case with enough space on the bottom for dual-quad radiators. Now i don't gotta look further than Silverstone.

And to think i was about to mod the hell out of a RV01 to make it look like the MAINGEAR Shift. *Whew~!*

I wonder how long until it's released. I'm thinking 3-4 months?

Xtreme Addict
    So far I have yet to see a vertically mounted video card setup that is water cooled that looks appealing. This will just made tube routing worse.

I really don't like the direction Silverstone has been going, but if it floats your boat, go for it.

I'm sure they will have some more info about it at Computex in a couple of days, but to break the news is a nice thing~

Honestly, i've always wanted the TJ07 for it's looks and capability, but being fairly new to modding (6 monther) it's nice to have a blank slate for me to begin. Ya digg'

Xtreme Guru
    Scubar: check raven RV02 and fortress FT02 cases. With some cover over cables it looks neat enough (or even better then some classic cable placement i'd say).

Check this out.

Xtreme Guru
    Maingear one is same RV01 OEM made for them, with different front panel. Overpriced as hell.

yea, and they won't let you buy just the parts for the case, because really anyone reading these forums, has got the know-how to build it themselves.

We just want the case, mang~!

Xtreme Design
    To be honest, I really like the vertical orientation. I disagree that it makes routing tubes harder, as I chose this orientation in Eldritch because it allowed me to fit two giant radiators in such a way that the tubing was minimalistic.

As for cables coming out the top--it doens't have to be ugly. All it takes are a few L adapters and a shroud and it should look much cleaner than having a ton of cables coming out the back (which is usually unfinished aluminum.)

I'm not saying I like this case, because I'm not impressed, but the concept still is good and good things can come from it.

My opinions, of course..
    -------------------------------
    Not From Concentrate
    All Projects
    Previous Projects:
    S3 Mini ITX Chassis
    The ArK
    Uriel
    Israfel
    Veritas
    Eldritch

I am Xtreme
    I wish Silverstone would drop this 90˚ rotation on mainboards already.

Xtreme Member
    I have to say a categorical no to this case because it has appaling ventilation and interior design. I think the TJ07 is their best case although I am not head over heels for it. Silverstone nailed it real good with the TJ08 microATX case which is the best in its class.

Xtreme Guru
    Imho properly organised 90˚ rotation results in relatively more compact hardware layout. Silverstone FT02 would be my ideal case if only it would be ~ 7.5 cm higher :/. Compact for possible components case, good dust protection, good air cooling, superb non pop stylish clean looks .. and no place for good full thickness liquid cooling rads with extra fans if long gpus like 5970 are used

Xtreme Legend
    In these days of HOT graphics cards, by the time there are waterblocks fitted they are heavy too. For that reason alone I would consider this layout. I will wait on reviews for the next most important things for me....airflow/radmounting

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

I absolutely hate that 90 degree mobo rotation, IMHO it looks absolutely terrible.

TJ07 is still king. Follow closely by some of Lian Li's flagship cases.

I am totally with Blue Aqua on this one, I do not like the direction Silverstone is taking their cases AT ALL.
    **Lan Rig**
    Evga X58 Micro Atx //Core i7 930// Corsair H50 // 2x OCZ Agility 60gb in RAID0 // Sapphire 5870 // 2x 1tb WD Green RAID0 // Corsair 850HX // 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 // Lian Li V351 // Win 7 // 3 x ASUS VE245H in Eyefinity //Win 7
    ** Gaming Desktop** Work In Progess: TJ07 // EVGA E-760 Classified X58 // 5870 X-Fire // OCZ Agility RAID 0 // WD Green RAID 0 //Windows 7 // Corsair 850HX // 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3

I'm just diggin' the innovation of it all. It all started with the HP Voodoo Omen

then they just kept runnin' with it. Maybe it isn't the best for everyone, but it's different. I sure as hell wouldn't want a bunch of vanilla looking PC cases. That to me says something. We gotta keep this goin'. The passion of building a case, the time and energy in planning and putting together the right parts to create OUR OWN interpretation of what a computer is to us.

I spend a great deal of time on my PC and Laptop & it's become an extension of myself. The faster the processor, the faster the productivity. Anyways, all i'm sayin' is that it's about time this whole "modding" & "overclocking" thing stepped it up. Let's get out of the stereotype of "geeks & nerds & the such".

I really look at this as the Gen-Y's car culture. We don't soup up our cars, we soup up our Comps!

Anyways, i'm just riding the wave~!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Dude Misterhan, you seem to be pretty biased in this thread. To an extent, it kinda seems like you are advertising the case

My opinion? Get rid of that vertical 90 degree mobo crap, it doesn't work at all; to me, it's all market hype. And as other people said, there's way too many plastic in the case. Anybody still remember the craftsmanship of the TJ07? That is what's lacking from this case.

I think Silverstone is slowly transforming itself from being a reputable, high-end case maker into some other case makers, such as Thermaltake or Cooler Master. That is not good.
    Team XS: xs4s.org

Mods can we close this thread. I plan on making a dedicated TJ11 thread.

Thanks in advance~!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by misterhan View Post
    Mods can we close this thread. I plan on making a dedicated TJ11 thread.

Thanks in advance~!
    You should be like a Silverstone Rep, you are so darned biased...
    Team XS: xs4s.org

I have been waiting and searching for the perfect case, and I had huge hopes when the hints about the TJ11 coming this summer surfaced. I am happy to say that this has met everything I had hoped from it assuming something like TJ07 style grilles in the bottom (I couldn't tell from the video).

I am not 100% sure of the rotated ATX but it hides cables nicely and my top priority was a case with the motherboard mounted on the opposite side: either inverted ATX or rotated ATX like this.

Xtreme Member
    Dunno about the looks, I much prefer the angular design of Lian Li's V2100 series. Those WERE the TRUE Modder's Cases. The new 2010/2110 are nice too but the old ones were REALLY nice and MUCH better looking than the TJ07/11 in my opinion.

I mean take a look at what Kobalt has done with the Lian Li V2110B, even though there is a bit too much green. xD

Oh and don't forget, Silverstone is pretty much copying Lian Li with their 3x2 HDD bays in the bottom portion of the case. Not to mention the whole seperate compartments started with the Lian Li V1000/2000 series which dated back to 2004?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I really like the vertical orientation, it works for me

Xtreme Design
    Quote Originally Posted by lkiller123 View Post
    Dude Misterhan, you seem to be pretty biased in this thread. To an extent, it kinda seems like you are advertising the case

My opinion? Get rid of that vertical 90 degree mobo crap, it doesn't work at all; to me, it's all market hype. And as other people said, there's way too many plastic in the case.
    I think Misterhan's just excited about a design he likes. Plus, to be fair, even the rep said there is too much plastic in it for the prototype, and the finished version will be "of all Eyh-loom-in-um."

I don't like this case, but I do see value in the rotated board (though that's just my opinion. Mainly because with double GPU cards the blocks get darn heavy and without support it can be a bit scary sometimes...

At the same time I haven't seen a production case that has pulled off the vertical arrangement --so I completely agree with you there.
    -------------------------------
    Not From Concentrate
    All Projects
    Previous Projects:
    S3 Mini ITX Chassis
    The ArK
    Uriel
    Israfel
    Veritas
    Eldritch

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast